Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

There's a lot of moaning going on in other threads this morning :) It's obviously disappointing with the snow thawing and the temps rising, but it's been the best cold spell in a long while, with many places including me seeing a dumping of snow :)

exactly and im sure theres more chances up to march time! snowing lightly here with out looking wet snow :)

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

East Yorkshire folks - the radar is indicating that its turned to sleet over you instead of rain? is this true?

Temp is 0c / Dew is -2c here so should be snow when it gets here / if this band gets here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

BBC recently updated their video forecast,still calling for 5-10cm to fall around the spine of the country.Graphics showing it for a good 12 hours unless i am imagining it.

I'm not holding my breath for it! I haven't had much faith in BBC graphics over recent days. The Sky ones are even more ridiculous! LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Morning all

well the Thaw has started in earnest here on the coast, we did have some heavy wet snow for a time but with Dew points in plus figures and a warm air temps ( in relation to recent weeks) i cannot forsee any real snow threat for the time been.In a way im happy that the snow is going finally really because on a personal note in regard to travel to work and our horses life has been a little more difficult than usual.However i do like the snow been around during the winter months its very seasonal and it would be nice in future years we have more of the same.Now on a locational point of view im not sure what the next week or so is going to do but i hope that the slush has gone before it turns to ice, However i would not be too upset to see more snow in the next few weeks, but i fear that we may be moving into a mild spot.

Current Temps3°C

Realfeel®-7°C

Rain

Humidity: 86%

Dew Point: 1° C

Pressure: 1020 mb

Visibility: 4 km

Rapid onset thaw here too LO. I guess the main threat now is a freeze. It's sopping wet here now.

Posted

East Yorkshire folks - the radar is indicating that its turned to sleet over you instead of rain? is this true?

Temp is 0c / Dew is -2c here so should be snow when it gets here / if this band gets here.

Its just rain here. The temperature is falling as you'd expect in heavier precipitation, but the dewpoint is rising along with it.

Currently 2.4C after a max of 2.8C earlier. Dewpoint is now 0.0C.

Snow depth currently stands at around 3.5cm, yesterday had 8.0cm so a large thaw.

Posted

i can confirm that the temp has dropped from 2.9c to 2.4c and snowing lightly :lol:

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Very slight thaw here over the last two hours or so - now snowing but very light and quite wet. Temp is just on 0°C.

I'm expecting the ppn will stay as snow at this altitude. It doesn't seem as bitter in the wind as was forecast by the BBC.

Posted

Did they say how much?

It's also snowing here as well, albeit lightly

well if you watch it online you can see solid white blobs going over us at times for good 4hours so could get 10cm in places if it holds intensity!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Today's setup reminds me a lot of Feb. 2005, with mostly rain and sleet on lower ground near the east coast, but better chances the further west and the higher up you are. Currently -0.2C here, the warmest it's been for a few days now. I'm waiting with trepidation the time when it finally climbs back into positive temp. values - will it be today though ???

Posted

Bit of a mixed bag here, rain/sleet with the odd burst of snow in the heavier pulses.

Posted

Bit of a mixed bag here, rain/sleet with the odd burst of snow in the heavier pulses.

its all snow here! amazing to say scunny is only 25miles away from here! dew is solid -0.6c here so thats a suprise!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

its all snow here! amazing to say scunny is only 25miles away from here! dew is solid -0.6c here so thats a suprise!

Hopefully it will stay as snow for you mate,but it started off as light snow here and gradually turned to rain.

Posted

Today's setup reminds me a lot of Feb. 2005, with mostly rain and sleet on lower ground near the east coast, but better chances the further west and the higher up you are. Currently -0.2C here, the warmest it's been for a few days now. I'm waiting with trepidation the time when it finally climbs back into positive temp. values - will it be today though ???

Hi, at your altitude you should do quite well over the next 24 hours. 5-15cm is a reasonable estimate as you should be high enough for all snow and the precipitation will be heavier the higher up you are. In hoping at just under 400ft and inland I should be high enough for a bit of snow smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Same here! Medium sized flakes with a Dew Point bang on 0.0c :drinks:

Posted

Same here! Medium sized flakes with a Dew Point bang on 0.0c :drinks:

its going to be the warmest it will get with that sector passing through now! and when it gets dark it should easily help! got to admit theres not much thaw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Light snow has been falling here for the last two hours but it's too light to be meaningful. Snow is still blowing and drifting across the moors above 300m or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Another Icicle picture.

Manston Church Hall:

post-4333-12631294642942_thumb.jpg

Posted

Same here! Medium sized flakes with a Dew Point bang on 0.0c :clap:

Good Afternoon guys and Mr Holmes....(enjoyed your posts this am) :clap:

Had a thaw here although still plenty of the white stuff around just turned slushy on roads.

Started to snow, in the last 5 mins, small flakes, as I type getting more..

Still think that we may get some snow later although wont be digging out from the bedroom window :clap:

Got 2 kids who are doing a snow dance me thinks they might not want to go to school tomoro.

Posted

Good Afternoon guys and Mr Holmes....(enjoyed your posts this am) :clap:

Had a thaw here although still plenty of the white stuff around just turned slushy on roads.

Started to snow, in the last 5 mins, small flakes, as I type getting more..

Still think that we may get some snow later although wont be digging out from the bedroom window :clap:

Got 2 kids who are doing a snow dance me thinks they might not want to go to school tomoro.

bbc forecast looks good for us tonight mate :clap:

Posted

my icicles yesterday-they are still here in spite of the rain

post-847-12631295641942_thumb.jpg

post-847-12631295837342_thumb.jpg