Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

My car has thawed out and cleaned itself after the dusting on Friday. Quite pleased at that as I don't need to wash it....

It's cloudy and feels cold here. My thermometer says 4ºc so realistic temps are probably around 2ºc.

Remember, there is the rest of January, all of February and March for possible further cold spells. I have high hopes of at least one more snow event from now till spring.

Posted

I have been using This link to see what may be coming this way from the north sea. If its correct then it doesnt look like there is any heavy precip there to come this way. In fact, what does seem to be there looks like its fading away to nothing, a bit like the snow cover here, lol.

cheers thats a pretty usefull radar!

Ye It does look to be fading, but I just feel somat will develope later laugh.gif

Posted

Over the past 30 minutes or so the temperature here has begun to lower, not by much but was 3.7 degrees now 2.9 degrees.The dew point has also fallen slightly, now 0.9, was 1 degree at midday. Is there any chance we could see some snow here later on when the main band arrives? Took these yesterday whilst walking the dog.

post-9055-12631325646142_thumb.jpg

post-9055-12631327134542_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

here we go...starting to get the first few flakes....wind is picking up....

wats your temperature n dewpoint?

Still nothing here at the moment. Not having a weather station I tend to use a couple of stations in my area on the wunderground network. Temp around 2.5ºC dew point -1º.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

The odd flake blowing around at the moment here

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Best described as snizzle round here. Temp dropping but dew point rising. Certainly should be rain lower down and very marginal later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Could be interesting tonight if the warm sector has now started to move on and we are dragging in the proper continetal air.

Keep an eye out after nightfall for updates to the Meto warnings, and the radar.

I could be wrong but something feels strange about today. Could we be in for a surprise snow event? Only time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Snizzle stopped and I advise people not to get there hopes up too much.

Noticed a slight change in direction of this light rain snow band and it's gone back to a more north easterly flow rather than east so what little stuff is now passing to the south of us.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Yes I get that feeling. Between now and 6pm tomorrow is a huge window for something to happen.

Another warning for west yorks for monday now.Just an aside,when the unforecasted snow streamers set in off the irish sea before xmas dropping up to 7" for some,did not here any complaints toward meto.biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Although I, like most would welcome another top up to replace what has melted today, the precip forecast doesnt look too good. I really can't see where any possible 'event' is going to come from. On the plus side, my son gets to go back to school tomorrow if we don't get much snow and I get a hassle free drive to work in Seacroft on Wednesday.

Posted

Another warning for west yorks for monday now.Just an aside,when the unforecasted snow streamers set in off the irish sea before xmas dropping up to 7" for some,did not here any complaints toward meto.biggrin.gif

Thats it, and on tuesday morning we had 4 inches of unforcasted snow. laugh.gif

Posted

Steadt sleet here, during the heavier bursts we almost get proper snow, temperature still falling, now down to 2.4 degrees, dew point has increased though. I don't think we will see any more snow for a while at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Thats it, and on tuesday morning we had 4 inches of unforcasted snow. laugh.gif

Got to shoot,Thermoline conveyor on null is bigging uporographic for eastern slopes of pennines .Laters.

Posted

Overcast with steady light rain and sleet here. Temperatures have fallen but are still just the wrong side of marginal. Currently 2.4C with a dewpoint of 0.1C.

This precipitation is really helping to destroy the snowcover aswell, its becoming increasingly patchy.

Posted

Just been to Creswell crags to see the snow there, seem better than hear. Not wet when you pick it up and a reasonable depth. Been snowing for the past few hours, for the past 40mins its come down quite reasonably with some heavier bursts. Now its light but with good sized flakes. Temp 1.2c with a dew of 0.1c

Edit: Coming down a bit heavier again. It also tried to stick on the bin however i guess it will have melted now. On the plus side its maintaining the current level of snow so i can't complain. Will post some pictures in a bit smile.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snowing steadily here for the last half hour or so, about 1cm of fresh snow. If it snowed at this intensity all night I reckon there's be about another 12cm by morning. We can but hope.

Posted

Max of 1.2c here, with light snowfall on and off when i was in Leeds center. Not much thaw to speak of, apart from the usual places, bins plants etc. The ground temps are lower than the air temps so a thaw on the ground shouldn't be an issue.

About tonight I don't really know what will happen, there could be some surprises, but not the good kind either. As expected the east has a wintry mixture, this should have been expected really, especially if you've been on Net Weather last Feb. Tonight reminds me of Feb 2nd/3rd, we got 10cm of snow from 11 hours of continous light-moderate snowfall, that too was forecast to be heavier (50cm forecast for the hills), that too was downgrade and eastern areas received rain.