Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

its snow here?

I've not seen flake this morning-all rain in dn6-height <50ft

Posted

bbc forecast looks good for us tonight mate :clap:

I hope so just put News 24 on and all downgraded, but we might get lucky, still snowing but only lightly you can count the flakes at the moment!!

Posted

I've not seen flake this morning-all rain in dn6-height <50ft

thats amazing that! been snow here and doesnt look that wet, forecast still says snow for us tonight, snowing lightly again, could be the 50masl here doing the trick

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I don't think they'll be much tonight light rain sleet lower ground light snow on higher areas. Unless something starts intesifying in the next few hours nothing on the radar too suggest anything major.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Light to Moderate snow at the moment.I wonder if this area of precipitation will stall at the foothills and build?Any ideas welcome.

Posted

Light to Moderate snow at the moment.I wonder if this area of precipitation will stall at the foothills and build?Any ideas welcome.

You may get some light accumulations from this but nothing significant. Later on tonight heavier stuff is guna move in from the north sea and perhaps get even heavier due to orographic lifting. Keep an eye on the north sea, hopefully the heavier stuff will come into view soon :rofl:

Posted

Not many from west yorkshire posting today. probably gone down to the chemist for some prozak after seeing the huge downgrade today laugh.gif

Not much to say, Jed. From the radar it's knife edge for Leeds. All eyes on that - and the window.

Posted

Not much to say, Jed. From the radar it's knife edge for Leeds. All eyes on that - and the window.

Yes, to be honest though we was never meant to get much today. It all boils down to what developes this evening and pushes in overnight.

What ever happens will still be interesting radar viewing. Much better than our usual crap winters...

Posted

Yes, to be honest though we was never meant to get much today. It all boils down to what developes this evening and pushes in overnight.

What ever happens will still be interesting radar viewing. Much better than our usual crap winters...

thats why im not too dissapointed today! temp is dropping here still! 1.9c and snowing lightly still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

You may get some light accumulations from this but nothing significant. Later on tonight heavier stuff is guna move in from the north sea and perhaps get even heavier due to orographic lifting. Keep an eye on the north sea, hopefully the heavier stuff will come into view soon :p

I have been using This link to see what may be coming this way from the north sea. If its correct then it doesnt look like there is any heavy precip there to come this way. In fact, what does seem to be there looks like its fading away to nothing, a bit like the snow cover here, lol.

Posted

I have been using This link to see what may be coming this way from the north sea. If its correct then it doesnt look like there is any heavy precip there to come this way. In fact, what does seem to be there looks like its fading away to nothing, a bit like the snow cover here, lol.

on NW radar there is some heavier ppn developing at the moment so its a wait and see type of event :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

For some reason the Met' Office have just re-issued the same weather advisory they issued two hours ago, and for the same area. I thought for a moment there may have been an upgrade but it was just straw clutching.

Temp' is back below 0c again here after scraping just above for an hour or so, the light snow is also more persistent and drifting steadily.

Posted

thats why im not too dissapointed today! temp is dropping here still! 1.9c and snowing lightly still

ye not as bad as some make out. Like you said earlyier, the mild sector of air should be going soon so a maximum of like 2C for me n you atleast isnt the end of the world.

no thaw here apart from a little on th odd surface and icicles dripping a bit. And wasnt it just like this before christmas?? where the snow struggled to thaw and it eventually got much colder. The charts have been a blow overnight but all part of the roalercoaster! biggrin.gif

Posted

ye not as bad as some make out. Like you said earlyier, the mild sector of air should be going soon so a maximum of like 2C for me n you atleast isnt the end of the world.

no thaw here apart from a little on th odd surface and icicles dripping a bit. And wasnt it just like this before christmas?? where the snow struggled to thaw and it eventually got much colder. The charts have been a blow overnight but all part of the roalercoaster! biggrin.gif

may be a bit too optimistic but i bet you theres surprises in the models over the next 3 days :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Just seen the 13.58 update by Laura Tobin.Again showed snow intensitying overnight especially through till 8 am monday.biggrin.gif

Posted

Currently 1.7 oc had been as high has 2.3 earlier. Very dissapointing this was expecting more the way it was been branded, so is that the snow mainly done till next time?:whistling:

watch the bbc forecast mate, could be some settling snow for us southyorkshire areas

Posted

here we go...starting to get the first few flakes....wind is picking up....