Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 4

Posted

afternoon people, just got this fom met office HEAVY SNOW FOR EASTERN ENGLAND VALID FROM 11.25AM TODAY TILL 11.59 PM. (:whistling:WHERE IS IT)

Can you link to that please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Won't notice a thaw here, haven't had anything to watch go

Most dissappointing spell of weather I can remember for this part of the world. Wasted far too much time on here and totally fed up with waking up expectantly to find nothing

Still it should cut the heating bills a bit and no more scraping the car

Au revoir for now from a miserable damp St Ives

On the bright side Huntso, it is slightly colder now than it was in the middle of the night. I know because I stayed up until about 4 (I know I'm a fool!) I watched the whole thing muck up, someone said late yesterday on here that this would happen - he really put his reputation on the line, but he was spot on.

I think we need to move into the Met office and get rid of the shower that are there!!

Posted

i think you'll find they have cancelled it if you look again.

That's what I thought

THE EARLY WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. DISRUPTIVE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE NOW LESS LIKELY.

Posted

afternoon people, just got this fom met office HEAVY SNOW FOR EASTERN ENGLAND VALID FROM 11.25AM TODAY TILL 11.59 PM. (:whistling:WHERE IS IT)

Yes they distributed an alert that indicated a warning, but then in it it said cancelled.

Another IT disaster as the alert went to thousands on email and Twitter etc.

Basically it should have read cancelled in the title of what was distributed.

Not good.

Posted

PLEASE can people stop whineing about incorrect forecasting, it's been said time and time again that these conditions at the moment are incredibly difficult to forecast :lol:

Posted

PLEASE can people stop whineing about incorrect forecasting, it's been said time and time again that these conditions at the moment are incredibly difficult to forecast :whistling:

Out if interest who is whining?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
whistling.gif BBC still saying up to 20cm, and sky news ????. Does any one know whats going on????unsure.gif

Posted

Out if interest who is whining?

Have you read the last few pages?

I think we need to move into the Met office and get rid of the shower that are there!!
You have to ask why they could get this so wrong at such a short time scale.
Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

PLEASE can people stop whineing about incorrect forecasting, it's been said time and time again that these conditions at the moment are incredibly difficult to forecast wallbash.gif

I'm not really moaning about the recent forecasts; like I said yesterday absolutely nobody can produce a 100% accurate forecast, even in the short term, all of the time.

I was just a bit irritated by the difference in the long range forecast by two reputable forecasting bodies this morning, at the same time, with no caveats.

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

There is still a lot of snow heading this way, if it continues overnight then it still may be fun and games tomorrow morning.

Where can i see what the dewpoints are likely to be? The 850temps seem to support snow until monday morning.

Posted

Have you read the last few pages?

It is a cold spell discussion of which the forecasts whether we like it or not are obviously going to get mentioned be them accurate or incorrect. Why bother coming on to the site on a Sunday morning to just tell people to stop posting.

Takes away the point of having a forum and a discussion thread doesn't it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

whistling.gif BBC still saying up to 20cm, and sky news ????. Does any one know whats going on????unsure.gif

20cm rain ? maybe thats what they mean

Posted

It is a cold spell discussion of which the forecasts whether we like it or not are obviously going to get mentioned be them accurate or incorrect. Why bother coming on to the site on a Sunday morning to just tell people to stop posting.

Takes away the point of having a forum and a discussion thread doesn't it.

Try to understand why forcasters are getting stuff wrong at the moment, just give it a go eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

20cm rain ? maybe thats what they mean

Lollaugh.gif

Posted

"Oh no I'm not getting any snow I'm going to rage about it on the Internet!"

And I'm going to find someone to blame dagnammit! :drinks:

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted

Try to understand why forcasters are getting stuff wrong at the moment, just give it a go eh?

In that I am aware of the current setup but trying to understand why your suggesting people should not comment on the forecasts. Please enlighten us as to why they are getting "stuff" wrong at the moment. Will be interested to read your thoughts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

A TWS has said, very strange ATM - big flakes of wet snow falling but not adding to what we already have.

Posted

In that I am aware of the current setup but trying to understand why your suggesting people should not comment on the forecasts. Please enlighten us as to why they are getting "stuff" wrong at the moment. Will be interested to read your thoughts.

You might like to read up on it lovey :)

Posted

PLEASE can people stop whineing about incorrect forecasting, it's been said time and time again that these conditions at the moment are incredibly difficult to forecast :)

Why don't you leave this thread if you can't stand people being unhappy about the forecast being slightly wrong?

Posted

FYI I said please stop wingeing, I didn't say folk couldn't comment or post about forecasts, that would be silly.

There is a difference

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Next week looks set to be cold and cloudy with the possibility of the odd snow flurry coming inland from the North Sea. Checking over the latest models, today looks like being the warmest day for a while. Not quite the fun and games of last week though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
whistling.gif wouldnt it be funny the now decreased warning to 1 to 5 cms from 20 actually happens and gives 20 cm.Lets wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Why don't you leave this thread if you can't stand people being unhappy about the forecast being slightly wrong?

Steady on guys, I know that we are all very dissapointed today, come the end of the day the weather will do what it likes and we just have to look on and enjoy, or not!!