Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

I think that by next weekend we could see the cold from the East return.

The AO and NAO look set to remain negative but perhaps a gradual climb towards a more average state (although still negative) looks set for both come the next 7 days. I think that in 7-10 days time we are however going to see the NAO become more negative than the AO

This bodes very well for colder weather

post-10203-12631283357742_thumb.gif

Good signs for a reload of the Easterly, IF high pressure builds back in from the end of the month there is a cold chance the colder conditions will return. We will have to wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think the cold will re-establish. I've a feeling that this winter will become a 'remembered' one. Having said that, who knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Have light snow flurrie here thats it though. I know this sounds crazy but if the weather is very hard to predict at the moment, isnt it possible that anything could still happen. I dont think from what i here that this cold spell is from over,

As for snow met office and news channels now decreased warnings to 1 to 5 cm from 20 cm, but from past experiances the uk weather can have a nasty sting in its tail.

Posted

Have light snow flurrie here thats it though. I know this sounds crazy but if the weather is very hard to predict at the moment, isnt it possible that anything could still happen. I dont think from what i here that this cold spell is from over,

As for snow met office and news channels now decreased warnings to 1 to 5 cm from 20 cm, but from past experiances the uk weather can have a nasty sting in its tail.

I think we'll just have to wait and see :drinks:

Posted

Had light snow occasionally moderate on and off all morning despite a slow thaw. I notice that theres an area of precipitation drifting in on a direct east to westerly direction http://www.raintoday.co.uk/. Temp just below freezing. Encouraging to see a slight fall in temps around the region although i'm under no illusions that this is the beginning of the end for this impressive cold spell!

Posted

A look at meteox seems to show a slightly more easterly component to the showers moving off the Netherlands. Will these fizzle out off our coast like their marginally more northeasterly predecessors?

John

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just been out. first time in ages had nothing to clear from the car windscreen. +2 and steady but not dramatatic thaw going on.

Light powdery snow just beginning to fall

Posted

Looking at the area over Holland now, should the winds stay easterly over the next few hours this could happen. Very bad drawing in mspaint, but you get the idea.

346pd9c.jpg

http://www.meteox.nl/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=6&lat=52.908902047770255&lon=-1.845703125

Edited by Macey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Reload of the Easterly? We haven't had an Easterly yet (I went to bed the wind was NE and got up this morning and it's still NE) if we have had one it must have been blink and you've missed it.

Anyway temperature: 0.2 ° C, wind: NE 10mph, and pressure's rising although it's cloudy so obviously Armageddons' been postponed another day or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Revised forecast for today:

Stormy with general moodiness and a chance of severe flashes of temper....everyone is advised to seek shelter immediatly ph34r.gif

It has got much colder here in the last hour or two, I've just been out to feed my chooks and there is less drip dripping and something fine in the air like frozen drizzle.

Okay so it's not what we wanted by hey ho we have already had two significant amounts of snow so far this winter and three within a year here in MK, so not bad and it's only January 10th.

Update: Snizzle has stopped now, only lasted about 10 minutes !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Definitely getting colder here.

I really think the Met O have made a mess of the forecasts. Despite the removal of the warnings I remain confident that once the flow changes to the E later this afternoon we shall see snow develop to our E and push W. I always did say Sunday night/Monday would be our best chance.

Keep an eye on those temps, dewpoints because they certainly aren't rising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking at the area over Holland now, should the winds stay easterly over the next few hours this could happen. Very bad drawing in mspaint, but you get the idea.

346pd9c.jpg

http://www.meteox.nl...on=-1.845703125

But my weather station says the winds are NE so won't all that lot just go down to SE/Kent again?

Edited by Iceni

Posted

I see the Met Office has downgraded everything and now talks about widespread rain over the country..yuk ! Temperature has dropped here over the past couple of hours but no snow still,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I really think the Met O have made a mess of the forecasts. Despite the removal of the warnings I remain confident that once the flow changes to the E later this afternoon we shall see snow develop to our E and push W. I always did say Sunday night/Monday would be our best chance.

Interesting.

Posted

But my weather station says the winds are NE so won't all that lot will just go down to SE/Kent again?

Hope not - my local weather station is saying ENE winds though. It doesn't look like the system is heading south-ish, yet anyway. Perhaps it will glide in on Easterly winds then start to veer South as it gets close to us.

Posted

But my weather station says the winds are NE so won't all that lot just go down to SE/Kent again?

It's all been beaking up over the North sea too

Posted

What a let down today after all the hype of yesterday: NOWCAST : Overcast, temp . +2c brisk wind from the e/ne. some fakes of snow and snizzle at times. Melting roofs, cars now all melting. Outlook : I think its all over winds as I said last week are going to go to a south easterly and later in the week to a more southerly, which will bring temps back to around normal for this time of year. The high is moving to the East as a low pressure system trys to move in, its only in to the second week that we have a chance of it moving north again, but this is a long way off.

Look at this link which confirms my forecast:

http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx_850_9panel_eur.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I remember your forecast from a few days ago saying the main snow fall would be tonight and into Monday, I'm not sure how to find it now to re post.

Perhaps all is not lost yet and we might see a bit more snow this weekend !

Thanks TEITS good.gif

Posted

It's all been beaking up over the North sea too

Yes but the strengthing Easterly will create convection in the North Sea and this may pep up the band as it moves towards EA