Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

Quite unexpectedly, snow is getting heavier and less sleety in Norwich- if temperatures fall a bit more, this could start to settle again.

Indeed TWS. I've been monitoring that area of precipitation drifting in from the east. Slightly heavier stuff here too coupled with colder continental feed as TEITS mentioned hmm....something to keep an eye on!

The temp steady here around freezing btw with a dew of -1

Edited by MattS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Things have turned so far as I feared, but not as I hoped they would!

I can't for the life of me remember a time when a BBC forecast of inches of snow for us 48 or more hours in advance has EVER come true.

I actually take more comfort from the fact that now they have downgraded everything and we're not to expect much. This could be our best chance. Hope TEITS predictions come rolling in now!

Footnote... listened to radio five this morning, just before the news they had the weather on which really downplayed the threat of snow just about everywhere. Then came the news in which the severe weather was the headline with the comment "and forecasters are sating there will be more heavy snow in Eastern areas today"!! :whistling:

Posted

Quite unexpectedly, snow is getting heavier and less sleety in Norwich- if temperatures fall a bit more, this could start to settle again.

This isn't surprising to me. The flow is definitely coming from a continental source rather than the N Sea. I've had to switch my heating on as im freezing!

Area of Snow across Norfolk is expanding and becoming heavier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dew point has dropped for 1*C to 0*C in my area recently. Temp drops slightly to 1.2*C, but wind chill has significantly changed - from -8*C to 1*C :whistling: Though that could be the fact the wind has dropped slightly.

Don't worry too-much about windchill; it's 'feely' thing. You're right enough about the windspeed. If it's going to snow it will... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

whistling.gifHope the met office got it right, down grading warnings of 20cm down to 1 to 5cm, because snow is becoming thicker and heavier slowly though HERE IN al3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Afternoon folks,

Amid all of the doom and gloom being purveyed (perhaps understandably), we are having a brief snow shower at this moment in time :help:.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

whistling.gifHope the met office got it right, down grading warnings of 20cm down to 1 to 5cm, because snow is becoming thicker and heavier slowly though HERE IN al3.

Personally I hope they got the downgrade wrong, although if they have it could catch a few people out cold.gif

Hands up if you want more snow \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Posted

According to my notes here temp has been rising since about 9pm last night, reaching a high at midday today of 1.5c. It's just started dropping away here at 1.4c at the moment.

Dewpoints also steadily rose from 9pm last night but have levelled off at 0c at the moment.

We did have a snow shower between 12:30pm and 1:30pm today, but nothing happening at the moment.

Posted

Quiet a large snow shower in Norfolk.

An improving situation that will get even better during this afternoon. Remember I did say Sunday afternoon onwards!

Posted

An improving situation that will get even better during this afternoon. Remember I did say Sunday afternoon onwards!

Well technically it has been the afternoon for 2 and half hours!! nonono.gif

blum.gifbiggrin.gif

Looking promising then??

Posted

Just been watching that one, seems to be pepping up a bit as well.

Posted
drunk.gif OMG!!! WE HAVE SNOW!! Definitely flakes falling from the sky...... not many admitedly but they are here :lol:

Posted

well you'd better hang your hats on the convective stuff popping up because the stuff leaving holland is dyeing as it comes across.

and as far as the stuff currently falling ............. it isnt really enough to 'wet the ground' so to speak. the odd echo, but nothing of any real note.

Posted

My weatherstation is telling me that it is snowing outside!

It must be the really rare invisible snow!

Posted

In East Hertfordshire, slightly heavier snow here now, had been just a few flakes here and there, now more noticeable.

Temps and Dp's have remained about the same as earlier, the flow still not from it's most favourable yet, so when it is later for a period, will be interesting to see impact.

Posted

We've had very light snow here for about an hour. Doesn't seem to be that much coming through on the radar now. There's a big dry zone across EA. Is there much left of this front in the Channel or has it broken up and gone through already?

Posted

Light snow on and off for the past hour. The blob of snow has left Holland and is heading this way. Lets hope some convection fires it up!

Posted

Have nether made a prediction on here before

but this tuesday,wednesday looks similar to the last one i.e the snow was initally expected to come down

from in a westerly direction yet we all got hit with great amounts

Met office has advisories for south west on tuesday and wednesday could this snow move direction and hit us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been snowing slightly for the past 3/4 hour, now slightly moderately — probably get a cm if this keeps going for the next hour or two. All I want is for a week's footprints to get covered up and for it all to look beautiful again like it did on the 18th last month.

Not much to hope for surely :lol:

Posted

Have nether made a prediction on here before

but this tuesday,wednesday looks similar to the last one i.e the snow was initally expected to come down

from in a westerly direction yet we all got hit with great amounts

Met office has advisories for south west on tuesday and wednesday could this snow move direction and hit us

Unlikely, the high pressure is acting like a barrier and the LP that will try to make inroads on Tuesday wont get probably any futher East than Dorse, before either breaking up further inland than that or just fizzling out on the spot

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Unlikely, the high pressure is acting like a barrier and the LP that will try to make inroads on Tuesday wont get probably any futher East than Dorse, before either breaking up further inland than that or just fizzling out on the spot

ok is there any hope in the future for us lot

Posted

Very light snow shower in SW MK!

Of the flake..............flake................flake..............flake variety!