Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

ok is there any hope in the future for us lot

Next week likes cold and dry, but grey. There are indications that suggest a much colder Easterly flow by next weekend which would bring wintry showers off the North Sea. But before then just cold and grey, with just a small hope if that snow can make it further East. Temps will remain below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Very light snow (small flakes) started in the morning and now we are getting bigger flakes.

Will Luton see heavy snow?

Posted

Afternoon all - been catching up on the posts. Lot's of disappointment :(. I am now convinced that BBC/MO forecasters are decendents of the lookouts on the Titanic!!!! Could they have been more wrong........:D?

Have given up watching forecasts - looking at last nights posts there are more accurate forecasts on here - well done guys. 3o since last night - our 4 inches is now a wet 1cm, and my lovely snowman is now a soggy pile of snow interspersed with stones, a carrot with a soaking scarf topping it all off!! Very sad.......

We had a little sleet earlier and a couple of snow flurries which last 10 secs.......oh well, back to normality........:(

Posted

Very heavy snow shower here in Norwich right now. :D

Also In Norwich winds are being reported as ENE. This is good news for you.

Posted

Very light snow (small flakes) started in the morning and now we are getting bigger flakes.

Will Luton see heavy snow?

Very unlikely for anything big

Posted

what is this radar like is it worth buying

light show on the east side of Ipswich /plus watch sky -BBC not the same sky saying just above freezing all week

don't have to pay

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=226&y=221

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Very light snow shower in SW MK!

Of the flake..............flake................flake..............flake variety!

LOL! :D,

It's snowing lightly here too, on and off though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
:Dtrying to snow heavy here al37je just started ................

Posted

Well it snowed heavy for about 30 seconds. Turned light again now but not settling one bit.

Thats just typical....hopefully the rest of winter will be good for us.

Edited by Let_it_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

what is this radar like is it worth buying

It's worth every penny. Not too expensive and you can replay the night's precipitation next morning to see when it fell.

NW Extra Lite is the package I bought in early November for a full 6 months — on offer at the time for £20. You also get a more detailed 7/16 day forecast with dew points etc and snow risk, and even forecasts for gardening and astronomy — but I find I can get more of an idea off the radar.

One gripe in the Help on radar there is supposed to be an explanation of various overlays coming (CAPE, Lifted Index, Convective Inhibition) I'd quite like it asap, as I don't know what the numbers/gradients mean.

Posted

Oooh, ooh - little snow shower at the moment.......there was a time that this would have sent me running around the house giggling maniacally:crazy:. Now I am just too greedy.......I just look at the window tutting and grimacing...waiting for it to stop which I know it will in a few mins :shok:. Note to self - must get this into perspective and be grateful :shok:

Posted

Oooh, ooh - little snow shower at the moment.......there was a time that this would have sent me running around the house giggling maniacally:crazy:. Now I am just too greedy.......I just look at the window tutting and grimacing...waiting for it to stop which I know it will in a few mins

Posted

It's worth every penny. Not too expensive and you can replay the night's precipitation next morning to see when it fell.

NW Extra Lite is the package I bought in early November for a full 6 months — on offer at the time for £20. You also get a more detailed 7/16 day forecast with dew points etc and snow risk, and even forecasts for gardening and astronomy — but I find I can get more of an idea off the radar.

One gripe in the Help on radar there is supposed to be an explanation of various overlays coming (CAPE, Lifted Index, Convective Inhibition) I'd quite like it asap, as I don't know what the numbers/gradients mean.

thanks i think i will look into it

Posted

Weve had a great winter so far, let me just put a few points across:

Weve equalled last years winter index (cold, snow etc)

Were technically not half way through winter

February is usually our cold and snowiest month

Temperatures will be below normal next week.

The long range models show the proper cold returning later in the month with snow

Some places have had snow accumilating to about 40cm so far (17th December, 5th Jan) Last year I had a about 35cm of accumilative snow over the winter

A negative NAO looks to return by next weekend, bringing the colder temps back

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

:shok:As i am a newby, what is everyones thoughts is it going to happen or not, ????????? SNOW.........

has anyone favourable readings or maps which go against met office down grade of heavy snow.??????