What upgrade are you talking about?

Leon

:lol:

I do like this western thread,

great fun,great character's...including myself 8) <_<

have a cigar and a G'n'T..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Ill be glad to step off this winter roallercoaster. Its killing me. I just cant stop watching the charts and radars and forum.

Then again, ill get about 1 month off then we all hop on the stormcoaster. <_<

Your telling me i wasted a whole weekend on it as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

laugh.gif

I do like this western thread,

great fun,great character's...including myself dirol.gif

Blatantly the best regional thread around...

but seriously... what upgrade for this evening? whistling.gif

Ooo there is a heavy blob heading straight for me! (Now I know why y'all addicted to this thing!)

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Ooo there is a heavy blob heading straight for me! (Now I know why y'all addicted to this thing!)

Maybe this is what metoffice were picking up on earlier.

Posted

Just seen the BBC news24 forecast at 16:57. Seems like Tuesday remains interesting for some parts of our region, but by Wednesday the milder air has swept thru' the south west and the Midlands becomes the battleground.

So for those on the other threads saying a slow breakdown, looking at latest forecasts it won't be that slow. I, for one, can't stand long drawn out thaws - it all gets too messy out here in the suburbs with dirty slushy snow become the norm.

I think i'm ready for a 2nd half of the week mild temps (suspect it'll be 'less cold' rather than mild) to get rid of what will quickly become slush. Then i'd like to see a re-load come a week or so from here. Met Office already saying thru' the Beeb we're in a much less cold sector today, so major downgrade from their predictions that were being banded around the last couple of days for today.

It should also be said that there were a number of, what i considered to be the more learned contributors on NW, also saying we were in for a major snowy period today - i think the sayings like "the south east will close down!" were being relayed thru' NW a couple of days ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Meto don't seem to think it will be mild wed because they have more snow forecast.

I really hope this comes off it will make up for missing the last one. air_kiss.gif

Posted

Just seen the BBC news24 forecast at 16:57. Seems like Tuesday remains interesting for some parts of our region, but by Wednesday the milder air has swept thru' the south west and the Midlands becomes the battleground.

So for those on the other threads saying a slow breakdown, looking at latest forecasts it won't be that slow. I, for one, can't stand long drawn out thaws - it all gets too messy out here in the suburbs with dirty slushy snow become the norm.

I think i'm ready for a 2nd half of the week mild temps (suspect it'll be 'less cold' rather than mild) to get rid of what will quickly become slush. Then i'd like to see a re-load come a week or so from here. Met Office already saying thru' the Beeb we're in a much less cold sector today, so major downgrade from their predictions that were being banded around the last couple of days for today.

It should also be said that there were a number of, what i considered to be the more learned contributors on NW, also saying we were in for a major snowy period today - i think the sayings like "the south east will close down!" were being relayed thru' NW a couple of days ago.

Can anyone explain to me what actually happend last night into early hours of today for the METO to get it so wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Meto don't seem to think it will be mild wed because they have more snow forecast.

I really hope this comes off it will make up for missing the last one. air_kiss.gif

Indeed, I'm taking Ians' advice and not watching every forecast because they can't possibly get all the info in. The latest NAE shows the snow so we'll go with that. It's been pretty consistent for here. Last night it showed snow from 3am to 6pm and guess what, according to the radar the snow started at 3am and its still falling now, so can't complain really.

Posted

Hi, peeps.

Am liking the MetO warning for Tuesday night into Wednesday. I wonder if it'll happen and also wonder what will happen afterwards.

Certainly the snow here now should still be lying quite well by then, unless we have a tropical heatwave. :wallbash:

Here's hoping, eh? :crazy:

Posted

looking at latest netweather radar looks like snow heading towards us , stretching from bristol to london this could be good cc_confused.gif

Hope the NW radar is better than raintoday, because looking at that there's some patchy snow heading directly West, over Luton at the mo, but prob heading thru' Glos way rather than BTL, me thinks.

Posted

We shall let john holmes off this one all novice weather forecasters get it wrong sometimes even the pros do.Bit dissapointed we got nothing today but glad in other ways i still got snow cover from last week

Posted

Re Aspires post, this is the project for 9.00am today from the todays NAE(i.e now cast) and saturdays 24hrs forecast(so should be pretty right).

You can see that they a) had temps too low, compared to what they actually were, and B) had thicknesses too low.

You shouldn't extrapolate to a different event but it shows that NAE can and does predict things to be too cold and this should be borne in mind when looking at Tuesdays event.

post-6326-12631447662442_thumb.gif

post-6326-12631447766442_thumb.gif

post-6326-12631447882542_thumb.gif

post-6326-12631448076442_thumb.gif

Posted

Pop over to our London & South East thread...Much more interesting....we have people commiting suicide

due to warmer sectors and thaws....You'll love it B)

Posted

Just noticed citynights post and thought id check out me door and yeah light snow here well u could say its sleet rather than light snow thats what i think it is when most people say light snow falling its actually sleet just a thought

Posted

Plenty of showers around on the radar at the moment over Devon.

and some heavy ones over Cornwall, anyone know if thats falling as snow down there?

Tis raining down here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Hi, peeps.

Am liking the MetO warning for Tuesday night into Wednesday. I wonder if it'll happen and also wonder what will happen afterwards.

Certainly the snow here now should still be lying quite well by then, unless we have a tropical heatwave. whistling.gif

Here's hoping, eh? good.gif

In the past senarios like this one often occured like Feb 78 when an almost identical situation produced a lot of snow, so history speaks for its self but my question is will it be cold enough 2c dp 0 or colder and will the area of ppn move slowly, will it be heavy? If the answer to these points is yes then we are in for a lot of snow and the possibility that the fronts dont get any further than the south west before fizzling out and have the same happen a couple of days later but we have to sustain cold for any of this to happen.

Posted

Plenty of showers around on the radar at the moment over Devon.

and some heavy ones over Cornwall, anyone know if thats falling as snow down there?

Light snow in Boscastle most of the day 1cm now,friend in st teath says it's quite heavy there.

Temp 0.3 DP -0.7