Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

why has the metoffice got london and south east in the warning zone for tues into wed? its gonna be no where near them bias again i guess just like the non event they had today with the army on stand by LMFAO

I dont know mate..

to me that was a massive upgrade..a

was the 6.50pm

BBC 1 .

Looked cracking for more snow in the SW, everywhere should see a bit I would of thought, high ground better incase of marginal situations but looked pretty widespread to me.

realy shocked Matt, didnt expect that....

o dear yet no more money...

going busking :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

I am grateful for the inch or so snow we had here in Poole on Wednesday. It was an unexpected suprise after the huge disappointment of Tuesday night. All the precipitation literally seemed to pivot around more or less the whole of Dorset!.

What does make me laugh is people on other threads moaning about the lack of snow yesterday. These being for areas who have had more than their fair share of the white stuff this winter.

So far, we've had two let downs this week so I fear our chances are now very slim indeed. Unfortunately, really cannot see us getting any snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. The temps and conditions simply don't support it unless the MetO are privvy to info we do not have access to.

In the mean time, I'm setting up a 24hr telephone counselling service for all snow-starved snow lovers in our county biggrin.gif

Are you a counsellor?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

My sympathies go out to all the Dorset Mob who were promised so much but given so little (cue sad music)

Posted

This will all end in tears by Wednesday morning you know. According to the models thread, the cold

spell is at an end for good by the weekend with two digit temps. If Dan Corbett is saying it will

snow then I think he is being cruel to us :shok::fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

My sympathies go out to all the Dorset Mob who were promised so much but given so little (cue sad music)

You are tooo kind :shok:

Posted

This will all end in tears by Wednesday morning you know. According to the models thread, the cold

spell is at an end for good by the weekend with two digit temps. If Dan Corbett is saying it will

snow then I think he is being cruel to us :fool: :fool:

Reallllllyyyyyyyyyy?! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

snow then I think he is being cruel to us shok.giffool.gif

With no disrespect to the majority of posters in there, there is possibly a reason most of them don't work for the Met Office.

BBC WEATHER Last updated at 15:39 on Sun 10th January.... yawn! wallbash.gif

Try iPlayer for Countryfile... the forecast is towards the end

Posted

lol..Lian,,

Just thinking,,,,maybe it was country forecast..if so it will be on I player

edit...cheers Matt see your above post

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Only the 3rd January available :nonono:arggggghhhhhhhh

News24 weather on in a few mins, Lian - just watch that - i'm sure it'll be an update.

Posted

Phew! That OK then, I'll take them with a pinch of salt and listen to the Beeb.

Thats not say it won't be 15c and raining... but the met do have access to lots more info than we do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

This is where the failed potential Beast from the East ended up (it showed earlier in the week as being over the UK for a couple of runs):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8450748.stm

A foot of snow in Germany - Berlin, and the article talks of 2m drifts on the motorway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

With no disrespect to the majority of posters in there, there is possibly a reason most of them don't work for the Met Office.

Try iPlayer for Countryfile... the forecast is towards the end

You are soo right, you get good at cutting the wheat from the chaff after a few years I am sure there is a lot of oneupmanship going on in that thread. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I take it country file weather is live...certainly looked it

lol

SK did you see the forecast

What did they show on that forecast? explain please i was on phone. wallbash.gif

Posted

News24 forecast with Rob McElwee just now - Tuesday eve/wednesday morning snow event, but less cold air follows on behind - so my take is possibly heavy snow, but of a wet snow variety, rather than the good stuff we had on wednesday. Fairly quick thaw Wednesday p.m.

The system progresses too far north really, into the Midlands. IMBY attitude i know.

Posted

You are soo right, you get good at cutting the wheat from the chaff after a few years I am sure there is a lot of oneupmanship going on in that thread. dry.gif

Seems that way, although there are some very sensible posters also. good.gif

What did they show on that forecast? explain please i was on phone. wallbash.gif

Snow for the whole of the SW... except the Mendips.

rofl.gif

Nope, excellent week ahead!

Posted

snow mate,,,no rain....for you and me and Jay...lol

fairly widespread event for the S/W.

Posted

News24 weather on in a few mins, Lian - just watch that - i'm sure it'll be an update.

Ok il keep an eye out. Got to get kids ready for bed now, dont think they are happy about going back after nearly an extra week off school lol. Chat soon when i get a chance, Laters people :shok:

Edited by lian

Posted

Good country file forecast looking good next week just need to get monday out the way then the fun will start.

Just been told that the severe weather in Germany could start to effect us next saturday.As winds pick up from the east pushing snow showers in from Berlin.They have already had almost 78in in most parts(see trickeys link).This will be the start of yet another cold spell which could see better snowfall than the current cold snap for most.I shall give more info when i get it.But this time next week when the easterleys with wind chil of -12 come in on the sunday remember u heard it from me first