Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I think it says something for the uncertainty of all this when I read Thermo also unsure of things 48 hours out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Snowing really heavily here now.

Looks like you caught the band of showers that went just to the north of here, in a NW direction, just light snow here... by that I mean you can count the flakes as they fall :)

BTW did you see my post asking if you had a fundraising site for your upcoming event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

I guess what we got as sleet in barnstaple you got as snow being higher up.

Posted

Well, looked white to me and defo no rain... here's hoping eh! biggrin.gif

I know one or two...laugh.gif

We did decide that the way forward is 3 duvets... beats sleeping bags hands down, two underneath, one on top... uber warm!

Oh and copious amounts of scrumpy helps... with the odd bottle of wine... and no, not alcoholics here either! whistling.gif

For a straightforard camping trip then duvets and pillows are the way to go. For festivals a blow up lilo from Asda and a rucksack will suffice.

At a very memorable Glasto my friend and I sat up by the stones about 4am, it was freezing cold so we huddled around some randoms campfire, shared their drink, had a sing song. This guy was playing the guitar so beautifully it brought a lump to my throat, we all had a sing song and a chat and went our separate ways. The next night on the Pyramid stage were the people we had sat with...It was only the Verve! ha ha ha

Sorry, just having a trip down memory lane, bored with snow now.

Missed the earlier posts (so may have been mentioned), bbc weather did not commit on Tuesdays snow, but the country file weather I recorded shows the front moving into the south west with front edge snow and then splitting into two as the cold mass beats it back. Southwest was predicted 5 - 10cm with the front edge moving as far as Bristol +.

Good luck to all, Devon and Cornwall to to do the best. Of course all could change.

Gary

Posted

nothing here hun ... nice to see you still went for a run today.. maybe ski's would be a better idea haha.. my temps have gone up here in landkey to +1 now nothing falling out of the skies but a bit of drizzle. Still got a bit of snow left but its melting fast.

kaz x

Posted

For a straightforard camping trip then duvets and pillows are the way to go. For festivals a blow up lilo from Asda and a rucksack will suffice.

At a very memorable Glasto my friend and I sat up by the stones about 4am, it was freezing cold so we huddled around some randoms campfire, shared their drink, had a sing song. This guy was playing the guitar so beautifully it brought a lump to my throat, we all had a sing song and a chat and went our separate ways. The next night on the Pyramid stage were the people we had sat with...It was only the Verve! ha ha ha

Nice one!! :lol:

Too much mud for my liking though :winky:

Yup, just gotta get the snow outta the way, then spring and summer and then... Nepal and India :drunk:

Posted

Must've been a Bittersweet Symphony laugh.gif

Nice story!

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Here's the graphics from the Beeb.

Now thats what I'm talking about!

drinks.gif

Posted

Good idea, think we might need that service by the end of the week!

People who have had 4 inches or more of snow and still moan if they're not going to get anymore are greedy and taking the pee!!!

I expect the snow will fall to all the Dorset borders in the west, North and East of the county and we'll remain dry as per normal!!

Tuesday/Weds will be a non event for us in Dorset, this is just going by the fact that although we've had a whopping 1 inch, they've all been non events over the last couple of weeks!

1 inch!!! You're just boasting now. If I say I've had 1 and a half cm I think I would be being VERY generous! :drunk:

Posted

Here's the graphics from the Beeb.

Please please do me and us a here a favour and keep those pics and post them again tuesday and wednesday.....lets see if it is as WHITE! Hope so.

Posted

We've had Humber streamer, a Wash streamer and judging from..

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

we may be on for a Thames streamer... well... we may get a few dregs out of it !:clap:

As for the attack from the South West Wed/Thurs I think I may just resort to nowcasts...

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

p.s. Can't recall a Bristol Channel streamer this period.. but I will probably stand corrected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Dogs, the signs ar elooking most excellent for tues and weds. I just hope it doesnt change too much.

Would be nice to keep some of this snow, so its easy to settle.

Posted

We've had Humber streamer, a Wash streamer and judging from..

we may be on for a Thames streamer... well... we may get a few dregs out of it !clap.gif

As for the attack from the South West Wed/Thurs I think I may just resort to nowcasts...

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

p.s. Can't recall a Bristol Channel streamer this period.. but I will probably stand corrected

We got one in Bristol just before Christmas. Another night of glory for that serial RAMPER Ian F. blum.gif

Posted

Guess thats the final nail in the coffin for us in Poole again lol.

dont take that as gospel,just a general idea at the time...

never take the charts as a guarantee.. :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Posted

Dogs, the signs ar elooking most excellent for tues and weds. I just hope it doesnt change too much.

Would be nice to keep some of this snow, so its easy to settle.

it does look like a roller coaster night to come Lynxus..

best to get good sleep before the main event..

but its still a fair few hrs away..

Could all change and hit Cornwall only or swing more East...

Russian Roulette here we come

Posted

1 inch!!! You're just boasting now. If I say I've had 1 and a half cm I think I would be being VERY generous! biggrin.gif

Who fancies going in with a new business venture with me?, We could buy some 4x4's and nip Dorset folk across every neighbouring county on snow viewing tours! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Who fancies going in with a new business venture with me?, We could buy some 4x4's and nip Dorset folk across every neighbouring county on snow viewing tours! rofl.gif

Sounds a grand idea!!! I'm in!!! clap.gifclap.gif

Posted

Do you guys think this band of ppn on reading now is gonna reach us...? From here not sure it is snow thou...? :D :D

Leon

your just gonna have to watch teh radar mate.

The ppn keeps dying out and starting again. so the only real way to tell i sjust watch :(