Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

18Z follows the same pattern, in fact closer to the above outlined risk smile.gif

Yes, slight upgrade in that respect, also the second low seems to be weeker and further south - will probably dive much further south into spain, causing a slightly stronger easterly for UK.

The Third Low is further north at present, and consequently will probably end up taken the southerly winds further away from the Uk, leaving us with a stronger easterly....we shall see in 20mins!

Paul

Posted

18Z follows the same pattern, in fact closer to the above outlined risk :)

Just waiting for the NAE now :) interesting times ahead for bristol and environs

Anyone in cheltenham & surroundings - angle of attack from heavier line of PPn very good right now, heading NNW with an angle of NW-NNW

SK

Posted

And ship them up to the Square and Compass! Seems to be lots of fellow cider drinkers on this site! I havn't been looking at weather updates - whats it saying now? unknw.gif

Basically in plain English we are in the lap of the Gods for the whole week,constantly changing,huge battle of East and West fronts,rain,sleet,snow subject to change.The techs on this forum seem to be struggling with a very complex set of weather patterns some even saying they,ve seen nothing like it before,so who knows, sleep well or not it's going to be another white knuckle ride this week.help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Incoming shower... just watch it dissipate as it reaches GL51... :)

Off soon, exam in the morning.

Posted

Just waiting for the NAE now :) interesting times ahead for bristol and environs

Anyone in cheltenham & surroundings - angle of attack from heavier line of PPn very good right now, heading NNW with an angle of NW-NNW

SK

It certainly is, could get busy at his end. There is more focus on Dorset in this 18Z release - although this is clearly a single run - so it won't affect the bias on its own. Like you I expect I'm awaiting the NAE release with great anticipation. Although that zone immediately wrapping around the Severn into SE Wales and parts of Worcestershire look good right now for this event. As for totals the signal average remains 10 + 20 /2 = 15cm broadly speaking worst affected areas still 10 - 20cm on latest guidance.

Posted

You must have the same model "Show-sheild" as Trowbridge!!!:)

Posted

Aw dont say that lol, that band of snow heading this way looks quite interesting at the moment, look forward to seeing what it brings before it dissipitates a bit further west of us lollll :)

Posted

It certainly is, could get busy at his end. There is more focus on Dorset in this 18Z release - although this is clearly a single run - so it won't affect the bias on its own. Like you I expect I'm awaiting the NAE release with great anticipation. Although that zone immediately wrapping around the Severn into SE Wales and parts of Worcestershire look good right now for this event. As for totals the signal average remains 10 + 20 /2 = 15cm broadly speaking worst affected areas still 10 - 20cm on latest guidance.

The LP is marginally further south on this run so far - better signs for the flow ahead of the occlusion

Its certainly behind the occlusion shown on the FAX's that the milder mixing occurs - wherever it stalls east of it will have continued snowfall

To the west things far more uncertain....the old M4 boundary may come into play here I feel too

PPn far less intense here in comparison to 12z aswell, but more extensive ahead of the occlusion

SK

Edit: 850's also cooler on 18z by 1-2c

Its little details like that which will make all the difference!

Edited by snowking

Posted

Is it me or is there a fairly large swathe of snow with a little bit of heavy stuff pushing in from NE looks like heading into Devon and may skim Dorset,fingers crossed

Theres not a chance of it hitting Dorset given the current direction

Posted

The temps are only going one way (up) the chances of snow for tuesday for us is close to zero in my view.

South West Devon? newton? noss? wembury?

In between Totnes and Paignton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Is it me or is there a fairly large swathe of snow with a little bit of heavy stuff pushing in from NE looks like heading into Devon and may skim Dorset,fingers crossed

Certainly looks that way

Posted

Certainly looks that way

Play the radar back to 2000hrs then press latest,seems like everything is filling in and building up as it comes this way,not heavy in general but there definately,I'm desperate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

The LP is marginally further south on this run so far - better signs for the flow ahead of the occlusion

Its certainly behind the occlusion shown on the FAX's that the milder mixing occurs - wherever it stalls east of it will have continued snowfall

To the west things far more uncertain....the old M4 boundary may come into play here I feel too

PPn far less intense here in comparison to 12z aswell, but more extensive ahead of the occlusion

SK

Edit: 850's also cooler on 18z by 1-2c

Its little details like that which will make all the difference!

Do you see Dartmoor getting anything from this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

AT your height if it plays out as shown on 18z NAE then yes smile.gif

SK

Right, seeing as I am supposed to be in the office tomorrow, and I'm being moaned at I better go! :D

That said, the road is near impassable so who knows whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Play the radar back to 2000hrs then press latest,seems like everything is filling in and building up as it comes this way,not heavy in general but there definately,I'm desperate

What are you looking at??? Looks to me like we're in the gap and it will go perfectly either side of us!wallbash.gif

Posted

This is the FIRST time thropughout the whole of the cold spell that the NAE has predicted snowfall over Cornwall, and South Devon...3pm Tuesday.

10011215_1018.gif

This set-up is totally befuddling me. I just cant believe it, based on temps being to high?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Bowchicka wowow

10011218_1018.gif

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

The 8 pm Thames streamer departing Chelmsford will stop at Luton for refueling. Estimated time of arrival for Cheltenham and Gloucester stations approx 22.30. Further fuel may be taken on board in the Cotswolds.

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

As expected.. fuel taken on board in the Cotswolds. Arrival imminent.. :D

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester