Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Good country file forecast looking good next week just need to get monday out the way then the fun will start.

Just been told that the severe weather in Germany could start to effect us next saturday.As winds pick up from the east pushing snow showers in from Berlin.They have already had almost 78in in most parts(see trickeys link).This will be the start of yet another cold spell which could see better snowfall than the current cold snap for most.I shall give more info when i get it.But this time next week when the easterleys with wind chil of -12 come in on the sunday remember u heard it from me first

It's going to take a whole week for the same system to get here? I could walk quicker than that. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Seems that way, although there are some very sensible posters also. good.gif

Snow for the whole of the SW... except the Mendips.

rofl.gif

Nope, excellent week ahead!

That was a cruel thing to say rolleyes.gif

All looks good then i think i shall have a look through mod thread and upset myself now. rofl.gif

Posted

Good country file forecast looking good next week just need to get monday out the way then the fun will start.

Just been told that the severe weather in Germany could start to effect us next saturday.As winds pick up from the east pushing snow showers in from Berlin.They have already had almost 78in in most parts(see trickeys link).This will be the start of yet another cold spell which could see better snowfall than the current cold snap for most.I shall give more info when i get it.But this time next week when the easterleys with wind chil of -12 come in on the sunday remember u heard it from me first

that storm is called Daisy....

The German goverment said for people a few days ago to stock up on supplies..no joke

Posted

With no disrespect to the majority of posters in there, there is possibly a reason most of them don't work for the Met Office.

LOL *high fives Matt*

I agree, tis like a bun fight in here sometimes. It's only snow guys, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. Bring on Spring I say, new born lambs, walks in woods and on beaches, beer by canals and sunshine!

Yes, I am snowlagged! :shok:

Posted

That was a cruel thing to say rolleyes.gif

All looks good then i think i shall have a look through mod thread and upset myself now. rofl.gif

Best of British to ya...

Make sure you have a drink poured before hand... unless someone has done a clean up whistling.gif

Posted

that storm is called Daisy....

The German goverment said for people a few days ago to stock up on supplies..no joke

Maybe that's what Ian was hinting at on Rad Gloucs earlier, for next weekend - one of the NW members posted something earlier referring to Ian on Rad Gloucs.

Posted

Lots of optimism in the Model Output thread with the latest ECM. Cold not really going anywhere, just a slightly milder interlude.

"Interlude" being the word.

Posted

Daisy daisy give me your answer to im half crazy all for the love of u ...cant remember the rest but i know a naughtier version hehe so theres a rhymn and a storm named after u lol

Posted

Maybe that's what Ian was hinting at on Rad Gloucs earlier, for next weekend - one of the NW members posted something earlier referring to Ian on Rad Gloucs.

yes,,,I heard something two day's ago but forgot about it seeing as a thaw looked imminent..

but yes I have heard Storm Daisy might get here for Saturday...

Maybe some truth in it , I dont know the fact's if this is true,

edit...Daisy YOU ARE FAMOUS..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

LOL *high fives Matt*

I agree, tis like a bun fight in here sometimes. It's only snow guys, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. Bring on Spring I say, new born lambs, walks in woods and on beaches, beer by canals and sunshine!

Yes, I am snowlagged! smile.gif

Yup, dreaming of the walks along the canal to the pub and sitting on the decking with a nice cold drink, or BBQs in the garden... is this a good time to mention the hot tub... and camping/surfing down in Cornwall.

Seems years since last summer (make that June when we actually had some sunshine)

Posted

Seems that way, although there are some very sensible posters also. good.gif

Snow for the whole of the SW... except the Mendips.

rofl.gif

Nope, excellent week ahead!

For the whole of the sw? Dont think that will be Poole which is classified as sw.

Posted

Daisy daisy give me your answer to im half crazy all for the love of u ...cant remember the rest but i know a naughtier version hehe so theres a rhymn and a storm named after u lol

You'll have to get in the queue my lovely. I'm much sought after around these here parts!

:)air_kiss.gif

I love the idea of a storm named after my alter ego, I like to cause a scene in places I shouldn't! :)

Yup, dreaming of the walks along the canal to the pub and sitting on the decking with a nice cold drink, or BBQs in the garden... is this a good time to mention the hot tub... and camping/surfing down in Cornwall.

Seems years since last summer (make that June when we actually had some sunshine)

Ah yes, Cornwall! I go there quite a lot as I have family there, beautiful beaches, lovely pubs, nice walks. Oooh and camping, I love camping. I am the only female I know who actually loves sleeping on the ground in a tent. Give me a crate of lager, a campfire and some wet wipes and I am in heaven, looking at the stars, talking rubbish, a bit of a sing-a-long to the guitar. See I am daydreaming now! :D

I have just realised almost every post I make references alcohol, I am not an alcoholic, I promise! unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I can feel that chain tugging the Rollercoaster up the slope

Posted

For the whole of the sw? Dont think that will be Poole which is classified as sw.

Well, looked white to me and defo no rain... here's hoping eh! :D

Ah yes, Cornwall! I go there quite a lot as I have family there, beautiful beaches, lovely pubs, nice walks. Oooh and camping, I love camping. I am the only female I know who actually loves sleeping on the ground in a tent. Give me a crate of lager, a campfire and some wet wipes and I am in heaven, looking at the stars, talking rubbish, a bit of a sing-a-long to the guitar. See I am daydreaming now! biggrin.gif

I have just realised almost every post I make references alcohol, I am not an alcoholic, I promise! unsure.gif

I know one or two...:cc_confused:

We did decide that the way forward is 3 duvets... beats sleeping bags hands down, two underneath, one on top... uber warm!

Oh and copious amounts of scrumpy helps... with the odd bottle of wine... and no, not alcoholics here either! whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wonder if we'll get another update from Ian?

That would be great, because I haven't got a clue what will happen with Tuesday's event!

Posted

Its a 2 days away yet so lets just wait and see otherwise we could get are hopes up to much(dont mean to be negatve just bear it in mind) In case a downgrade was to happen. Good luck tho for all of us :cc_confused:

Posted

The news 24 is so behind on the weather of what might arrive Tuesday..

Saying a thaw is on its way and Britain as had a lucky escape..

This might all change come Tuesday..

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wonder if we'll get another update from Ian?

That would be great, because I haven't got a clue what will happen with Tuesday's event!

Its going to be too close for him to call for def anyway at this range. He is around about 8-10pmish quite often although depends on his shifts I expect.

pardon.gif

Posted

I am grateful for the inch or so snow we had here in Poole on Wednesday. It was an unexpected suprise after the huge disappointment of Tuesday night. All the precipitation literally seemed to pivot around more or less the whole of Dorset!.

What does make me laugh is people on other threads moaning about the lack of snow yesterday. These being for areas who have had more than their fair share of the white stuff this winter.

So far, we've had two let downs this week so I fear our chances are now very slim indeed. Unfortunately, really cannot see us getting any snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. The temps and conditions simply don't support it unless the MetO are privvy to info we do not have access to.

In the mean time, I'm setting up a 24hr telephone counselling service for all snow-starved snow lovers in our county biggrin.gif

Good idea, think we might need that service by the end of the week!

People who have had 4 inches or more of snow and still moan if they're not going to get anymore are greedy and taking the pee!!!

I expect the snow will fall to all the Dorset borders in the west, North and East of the county and we'll remain dry as per normal!!

Tuesday/Weds will be a non event for us in Dorset, this is just going by the fact that although we've had a whopping 1 inch, they've all been non events over the last couple of weeks!

Posted

That'll be me then! :cc_confused:

Posted

On a humorous note I got to thinking about Forrest Gumps quotation that, life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. Re. the weather last night I Was promised Turkish delight [full of eastern promise, but when I awoke this morning and threw back the curtains to my dismay I didnt even get one Cadburys flake. LOL.