Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

to be honest im less concerned about temps and whether it will be snow or not but more about if there is enough ppn about...............

seems abit hit and miss at the moment whether it will properly reach north west of birmingham.

Edited by mozza81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Better than that in terms of temps, with a tightening of the gradient temps won't rise ahead of the PPN the way they did that day, but what we need is for no weakening of the PPN as it gets into the region, and all signs suggest that that is what will happen.

PPN looks like it will definately weaken top an extent before us but Models like UKMO 12z suggest we would still get a decent fall.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Better than that in terms of temps, with a tightening of the gradient temps won't rise ahead of the PPN the way they did that day, but what we need is for no weakening of the PPN as it gets into the region, and all signs suggest that that is what will happen.

does really remind me of the tragic 12th March 2006, very similar setup, saw nothing, shrewsbury saw dumping

Posted

Evening all. Tomorrow looks very interesting for our neck of the woods especially the western sideclap.gif I mentioned last night that the models were all over the place and that they should upgrade and bring the low further N/E and today our wishes have been answeredyahoo.gif I think around midnight tomorrow night the western side of the region should start seeing something ,possibly sleety to start with, before spreading to a good part of the region by the morning. The western and south west parts of the region will do the best out of this situation if it pans out as progged at the moment but theres still time for things to change.....10011306_1112.gif

These are the type of scenarios that bring us the best snow events in this region and if the front can make a little more inroads and sustain its intensity then there is every chance that this COULD be the main snow event of the season for some!! I would'nt like to put a depth of snow guess forwards, as for last nights event when I mentioned some places could get about 3" it was stated that that I was to optomistic lolwhistling.gif If you take a look here http://www.sat24.com/ then you can see the atlantic system trundling along but also a westerly flow on the continent. Let the battleground commencedrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hope this low pushes 100 miles further North than expected and gives some decent PPN to Leicester and gives us a few inches of snow :(

About 10% chance of happening but i'm clinging onto the hope :(