Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It did. go look. weatheronline precipitation type. Green dots 4 rain n blue stars for snow! its will show you a sequence of the last few runsair_kiss.gif

Just looked at it and it shows rain from every run http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=euro&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201001110000&VAR=rart&HH=96&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0

Posted

Terrible start to the morning with so much black ice

Had a day in Hull seeing customers nice and warm between 2c and 3C

Still quite a bit of snow on the higher parts leading in to Hull.

Got back to Normanton about 20 mins ago and we have a very slight snow falling but enough to cover almost all surfaces very quickly.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Think you might have a cache issue and picking up old versions, as all the GFS charts currently on Weatheronline (either via your URL or the normal one that 10123 posted) show nothing but rain from Friday onward - as you would expect given the temps etc the model is showing.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

Mildest day looks to be Monday with max temps around 5c lol 4c to 3c the other days before turning colder Tuesday onwards. Remaining cold but less cold sums it up :unsure:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well the afternoon snow covered the ice up making it easier to walk. No doubt black ice will again be a big problem tomorrow. Another ice day as well by the looks of it if the Davis is right.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Been very lightly snowing for the past few hours with it sticking. Ice this morning was terrible! Saw a car upside down when was leaving the village. Quite a few skidding. A lot of traffic when getting into worksop with quite a few emergency vehicles going around. My post 16 car park was light an ice rink :lol: Back this end and my sisters school was nearly closed with few staff turning up. Max temp today was 0.3c. Currently 0.1c

Weirdly we have a better covering that Worksop again, even though I'm only 10mins away!

I cleared my path yesterday of ice and snow only for it to turn to thick ice after freezing rain it was like an ice slide this morning it was lethal, not to mention the roads where horrendous it was that icy on Delves Road in Killamarsh you could have gone down the road in a bobsleigh it was terrible i tried doing a 3 point turn on there and i was skidding all over the place.

The only heart stopping moment of today for me was at Morrisons garage at Halfway the silly chuffs had not gritted the road that bends round into the petrol station on my way back out of the petrol station i tried to go round the corner i couldn't even steer the car and went straight on into the curb.

What made me angry was they had gritted every other part of Morrisons car and the roads leading to it so why not on a dangerous corner into the petrol station. :unsure:

As for you having a better covering than Worksop it's hardly suprising as Worksop is alot more built up than Cresswell. :unsure:

Think you might have a cache issue and picking up old versions, as all the GFS charts currently on Weatheronline (either via your URL or the normal one that 10123 posted) show nothing but rain from Friday onward - as you would expect given the temps etc the model is showing.

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/rart_frame.htm

Okay if you do the following you will see and 10123. Go to google and type in precipitation type weatheronline and it will come up with this . click it and then go on the last gfs data not this one and it clearly showS!!wallbash.gif

10011706_1306.gif

Posted

http://expert.weathe.../rart_frame.htm

Okay if you do the following you will see and 10123. Go to google and type in precipitation type weatheronline and it will come up with this . click it and then go on the last gfs data not this one and it clearly showS!!wallbash.gif

10011706_1306.gif

Oh, I was talking about Saturday, you should have said Sunday

Posted

Well the afternoon snow covered the ice up making it easier to walk. No doubt black ice will again be a big problem tomorrow. Another ice day as well by the looks of it if the Davis is right.

I'm getting fed up with this, i have not seen one ice day yet with temps getting to 0.1c or 0.2c, yesterday it got to 0.4c while today 0.3c laugh.gif Tomorrow could be bad. If it turns to drizzle tonight (and temps are predicted down to -1c) then its going to be lethal again!

I cleared my path yesterday of ice and snow only for it to turn to thick ice after freezing rain it was like an ice slide this morning it was lethal, not to mention the roads where horrendous it was that icy on Delves Road in Killamarsh you could have gone down the road in a bobsleigh it was terrible i tried doing a 3 point turn on there and i was skidding all over the place.

The only heart stopping moment of today for me was at Morrisons garage at Halfway the silly chuffs had not gritted the road that bends round into the petrol station on my way back out of the petrol station i tried to go round the corner i couldn't even steer the car and went straight on into the curb.

What made me angry was they had gritted every other part of Morrisons car and the roads leading to it so why not on a dangerous corner into the petrol station. wallbash.gif

As for you having a better covering than Worksop it's hardly suprising as Worksop is alot more built up than Cresswell. good.gif

Thought it would be bad up your end towards Chesterfield and Sheffield. Could another tricky morning as well. My mum skidded across the road at clown junction (the cross roads to Creswell and Barlborough, Tesco and Harthill way) Still very little if any thaw. At least recent snow, although light, has given a better grip. Would have thought morrisons would be bad! Saw a car upside down coming towards the A60 (whitwell side)

Had skipped my mind about them being built up. Whitwell and Clowne doslightly better than me as there higher up. But only slightly

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

this has to be the best thing ive seen haha!

:unsure: :unsure: :lol:

Posted

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/rart_frame.htm

10011706_1306.gif

if theres a trend that the temps keep lowering on every run upto this weekend then it could happen :winky:

Posted

Had a walk around the village this afternoon. Very crunchy top to the snow and the light snow was sticking to everything. Still about 5" average coverage.

post-1042-12634041431328_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634041579928_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634041761328_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634041916028_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634042351428_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634042569528_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12634042690028_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Considering we've had most of the good winter weather so far, when is the Omega Block due? :winky:

Posted

that ppn area is heading this way now! could get a nice 1cm out of it :p

Yeah it should reach you soon mate,although im not sure what it will fall as in my area.Hopefully snow though.

Posted

Yeah it should reach you soon mate,although im not sure what it will fall as in my area.Hopefully snow though.

it should be snow mate, its snowing here so it should where you are!

Posted

it should be snow mate, its snowing here so it should where you are!

Is it settling though mate? It should last quite a while when it reaches me.

Posted

Light snow for a while now, not much worth talking about tbh we have had plenty over the last few weeks to keep me happy, still feet of it about.

Posted

Persistant moderate snow here - everything covering nicely again. Didnt expect this as was petering out earlier.

Edited by Arnie22