Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

been snowing lightly in Spalding for the past hour - almost stopped now - not covered anywhere that was wet only on the existing non melt.

Posted

been snowing lightly in Spalding for the past hour - almost stopped now - not covered anywhere that was wet only on the existing non melt.

its starting to cover wet surfaces here and still very light! wasnt expecting this at all!

Posted

cumon mate. its gona settle when we hav temps like thjis!! were in a freezer remember

only thought it wouldnt settle because of the low height and with the wind direction but yes im wrong thinking that

Posted

Oh dear, the front has reached here, but not snow, heavier freezing rain, the roof throughout the day has slowly been going white so I guess its not rain but its not snow, whatever it is, it's freezing on impact and coating everything in white. Current temp -0.9c, the front has caused temps to rise.

Posted

The white stuff here is snow. We also have mist, which is an interesting combination I didn't think was possible.

yep same here with the mist and its coming down faster now! nearly all surfaces are starting to turn white :yahoo:

Posted

I think this is very similar to the 1996 event, the synoptics are very similar to that event http://www.dandantheweatherman.com/Bereklauw/Freezingrain23jan96.htm

Posted

Things are looking quite promising! We have had the odd flake of snow falling all day here. Current tem is 1.7 with a dew of 0.1 so you never know. It would be nice to get a white covering back, we only have the odd patch here and there now. One strange thing I noticed last night was that just off the main road is a house where it still had an excellent covering of snow both on grass and paths. It was the only house to have this!! Very strange, when its for going up for sale I might consider buying it!!biggrin.gif

Posted

Very fine grains of snow here in Leeds city centre for the last 30 minutes or so. It is covering everything it touches. The journey home could be interesting!

Oh dear, the front has reached here, but not snow, heavier freezing rain, the roof throughout the day has slowly been going white so I guess its not rain but its not snow, whatever it is, it's freezing on impact and coating everything in white. Current temp -0.9c, the front has caused temps to rise.

its nt feezing rain. its snow pellets

Posted

its nt feezing rain. its snow pellets

Thats what i thought, we had freezing rain in the morning, causing all that black ice, but I googled snow pellets and what is falling out of the sky is too thin and small to be pellets.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Thats what i thought, we had freezing rain in the morning, causing all that black ice, but I googled snow pellets and what is falling out of the sky is too thin and small to be pellets.

We have got freezing rain here as well, well its more like Freezing sleet :yahoo: as some very fine snow mixed in. Temp is -1c.

Is really odd to see, and a great time for it given rush hour approaching.

Posted

We have got freezing rain here as well, well its more like Freezing sleet wacko.gif as some very fine snow mixed in. Temp is -1c.

Is really odd to see, and a great time for it given rush hour approaching.

Freezing sleet it is!

And to think rush hour isn't really for another hour, another hour of this stuff and there Will be no chance.

Posted

You have to laugh. We have several inches of frozen lying snow, black ice, a new albeit thin covering of snow on top of the black ice, and mist. What next - a plague of locusts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

well someone was right. excitement gone. saturday looked good but was knife edge.now heavy rain sat

Where did you get that from? BBC latest?

GFS 12z has marked it down even colder - now max 2c for Saturday. This trend of the models keep making Saturday colder surely means its going to maybe be a nowcast event as to what exactly happens on Saturday.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

Been very lightly snowing for the past few hours with it sticking. Ice this morning was terrible! Saw a car upside down when was leaving the village. Quite a few skidding. A lot of traffic when getting into worksop with quite a few emergency vehicles going around. My post 16 car park was light an ice rink :yahoo: Back this end and my sisters school was nearly closed with few staff turning up. Max temp today was 0.3c. Currently 0.1c

Weirdly we have a better covering that Worksop again, even though I'm only 10mins away!

Where did you get that from? BBC latest?

GFS 12z has marked it down even colder - now max 2c for Saturday. This trend of the models keep making Saturday colder surely means its going to maybe be a nowcast event as to what exactly happens on Saturday.

no not the bbc but the lattest gfs! it showed snow sat and now shows snow sat! how cn it be even colder??

Posted

well someone was right. excitement gone. saturday looked good but was knife edge.now heavy rain sat

It was never looking like a knifes edge, it was always going to be rain, just a slim chance of snow.

Posted

no not the bbc but the lattest gfs! it showed snow sat and now shows snow sat! how cn it be even colder??

It never showed snow for Saturday

Posted

There might be something wintry for a time towards higher ground. Overall though its going to be rain for just about all of us. Possibly turning colder next week with wintry showers. I wonder how much snow will go during the milder blip.