Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Been drizzle here all day, which has turned to snow in the last hour, so far a dusting on all lying snow, but snow not settling on surfaces without snow.

It's been snowing here, on and off, all day, but the totals have been very low and it's only settled in those places where snow and ice is still lying.

Posted

Quite heavy drizzle here for the last half hour

one minute falling straight down next going in all directions

Snow has gotten heavier, here, but not heavy, just loads of little flakes.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yup odd flurries here during the day. Still very cold though with temps only slightly above freezing.

Posted

Raining here in city centre.

My missus reporting light snow in Pudsey for the last hr.

Quite enjoyable getting the bus home and the precipitation changing as you get higher up towards home... sad I know lazy.gif

jst had moderate burst of small flakes! dusting on cars and rooftops where no snow !

Also people note tht the precipitation looks like drizzle veryt much so but its actually very small ice pellets

Edited by arnott

Posted

jst had moderate burst of small flakes! dusting on cars and rooftops where no snow !

Also people note tht the precipitation looks like drizzle veryt much so but its actually very small ice pellets

Hopefully I'll catch the heavier burst.

Still snowing here, has been for last 2 hours.

Posted

Shnizzle here for a while this afternoon giving nice dusting, a bit more tomorrow....The top road is amazing, really deep snow up there well over a foot i would say.

Posted

Does anybody reckon there is a chance of a surprise tonight?

More than likely, yesterday there was no speak of snow for Wednesday, now the latest Look north forecast said 1-3cm widely, some luck locations could well receive 5cm of snow.

Posted

More than likely, yesterday there was no speak of snow for Wednesday, now the latest Look north forecast said 1-3cm widely, some luck locations could well receive 5cm of snow.

Really! I missed the forecast, what kind of time would it hit us? You've made my night!

Posted

Really! I missed the forecast, what kind of time would it hit us? You've made my night!

lol biggrin.gif

BTW i'm saying there could be 5cm, the forecast was 1-3cm, but I'm sure if you catch one of the remaing heavier bursts some places could reach 5cm.

Anyway the forecast is the same as the BBC website, which shows the front moving in at 3-6am, the forecast was for light snow, but obviously there must be some intensity for 3cm, and there would be some heavier bursts. Also the front is expected to move into Scotland from Yorkshire so there must be some intensity for us if it can last long, however the GFS is showing this could be part of another front entering scotland.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Do you want to see big Yorkshire snow? This postie(PennineTenFootDrifts postie) takes a lot of photos around Slaithwaite and Scapegoat hill....Take a look at the A640 pic which is the main Manchester to Huddersfield road, this is for you coasties especially! http://www.flickr.co...s/34913852@N04/

Edited by disco-barry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Do you want to see big Yorkshire snow? This postie(PennineTenFootDrifts postie) takes a lot of photos around Slaithwaite and Scapegoat hill....Take a look at the A640 pic which is the main Manchester to Huddersfield road, this is for you coasties especially! http://www.flickr.co...s/34913852@N04/

Now thats what I am talking about...

Posted

love the photos mate! might be heading off to snake pass this friday depending on the weather!!!!

Temperature 0.4°C

Humidity 87%

Dewpoint -1.5°C

must be freezing all that snow out there now!

Posted

Still bits and pieces of snow around where I live, which really suprised me. Are we going to get some snow tonight and tomorrow? The bbc and the metoffice seem to think so. I thought we had had it for a while, would love to know other peoples thoughts on this, thanks. Those snow pics look fantastic, part of me would love to live there, must be ace to have those proper drifts that will be around for weeks I recon as this weekend isn't looking that mild really.

Posted

Temp is -0.7 here with a dew of -1.5 so any snow will definitely be freezing over again. I wonder if there might be one or two heavier bursts towards the south of the region tomorrow, could be one or two surprises I guess.

Posted

Fantastic Photo's thanks for the link....

Posted

Another grim day! Cold and wet with intermittent rain and then sleet in the hevier bursts. Snow all but gone now!

Might get a light dusting in the next couple of days.

Anyway, heres a selection of pics I took during the cold snap you can see them all in my gallery.

post-10637-12633341534728_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633341749228_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633341958428_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633342373228_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633342606428_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633342831728_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633343033228_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633343254528_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633343527128_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633343842128_thumb.jpg

post-10637-12633343993128_thumb.jpg

Posted

Another grim day! Cold and wet with intermittent rain and then sleet in the hevier bursts. Snow all but gone now!

Might get a light dusting in the next couple of days.

Anyway, heres a selection of pics I took during the cold snap you can see them all in my gallery.

post-10637-12633341534728_thumb.jpg

Great photos there mate, I was there on new years day and you had a covering of snow then so I think you have done very well considering your proximity to the sea. Really hope we get another cold/snowy shot before the sun gets too strong.

Posted

Temp is -0.7 here with a dew of -1.5 so any snow will definitely be freezing over again. I wonder if there might be one or two heavier bursts towards the south of the region tomorrow, could be one or two surprises I guess.

even lower levels could see 1-3cm which is surprising!

Posted

even lower levels could see 1-3cm which is surprising!

The GFS 18Z Is looking much better than the earlier runs mate :rolleyes: