Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Looks like that precipitation band is about to reach south yorkshire, anyone getting snow from this?

Nothing here bar freezing drizzle. Plenty of NO

Posted

A surprisingly cold -1.3.

temp still hasnt budged! so if this ppn arrives im sure it will lower a tad more if it snows properly

Posted

temp still hasnt budged! so if this ppn arrives im sure it will lower a tad more if it snows properly

That PPN won't really amount to much mate if it reaches us later,but im liking the trend with the models this morning and hopefully that continues in the coming days.

Posted

Yeah same, the temp at 7:30 AM was -1.1c, the temp was slowly dropping and peaked at -1.4c at 9:45 AM, been -1.3c for the last 2 hours. Would bode well for any little scraps we can get.

Posted

Yeah same, the temp at 7:30 AM was -1.1c, the temp was slowly dropping and peaked at -1.4c at 9:45 AM, been -1.3c for the last 2 hours. Would bode well for any little scraps we can get.

From looking at the radar i don't think we'll even manage any little scraps now, seems to be breaking up as it gets closer to us. mad.gif

Posted

Got my eye on a small area of precipitation which is about to hit me shortly. Will be interesting to see what it produces

Anything happening yet mate?

Posted

Anything happening yet mate?

im loving the charts today and peoples thoughts saying that February will be a cold one :lol:

Posted

Nope, it just seemed to die out mate

On the NW radar there is a little light PPN towards the coast moving west towards my area.

There's still quite a few patches of snow left around here.

Posted

Yeh, same here, I've still got a decent amount of snow cover left. It's all gone from the garden chairs etc.

but there's plenty remaining on the grassy areas and walls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Freezing drizzle started again here going be getting even icer again.

Pity netweather radar still isn't picking up that it's freezing rain.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I've been watching the progress of this ppn on NW radar for the last half hour and it seems to have stalled completely about five miles to the SW of us. I was hoping it might warm things up a little and dissolve the solid covering of ice we now have everywhere.

Posted

What a morning....! I don't think I have ever seen ice like it. The car had a solid 1cm crust all over. De-icer had no effect whatsoever so I had to hack away at it with the scraper. The roads were horrendous to drive on and the 10 mile commute took almost 3 hours. Cars were sliding everywhere and pedestrians were falling over as every surface was just a sheet of ice.

Get into Leeds city centre and it is a different world. There are still bits of ice and slush but nothing like at home, where our pre-Christmas snowman's corpse is still standing in the front garden and we still have a decent covering. Weather currently is dull, misty and cold with intermitant freezing drizzle (frizzle?!). Can't see the temperature getting much above freezing today.

Posted

Snizzle here atm and temp at -0.9. Pavements and roads were lethal this morning, people falling over everywhere, even in the city centre. My drive was like an ice rink. Can't say I've seen anything at all like this before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Well, I had to get some new rubber on the car today. Needed 3 tyres.

What a joke. a cm of ice encrusted the car. Gave up in the end and left it to de-ice itself. Get to Kwik Fit to wait 2 hours in an ice cold reception for the car.

Now I find out that my friend is now working too and cannot take me and the bike for it's MOT which runs out tomorrow. A bad start today. Hopefully no more freezing rain or snow to come. I cannot take this anymore.

Posted

just seen looknorth and paul is very keen on the cold weather coming back mid next week :lol:

Posted

just seen looknorth and paul is very keen on the cold weather coming back mid next week :)

Sounds promising mate :) plenty of model watching again in the coming days :lol:

Posted

Sounds promising mate :) plenty of model watching again in the coming days :lol:

theres this talk of getting SWerlies after the easterly! deffo exciting days to come now :)

Posted

theres this talk of getting SWerlies after the easterly! deffo exciting days to come now :)

That PPN towards the SE looks a bit more interesting, as it looks to be very slowly intensifying as it moves slowly NW.

Posted

That PPN towards the SE looks a bit more interesting, as it looks to be very slowly intensifying as it moves slowly NW.

yeah i see it! could well hit our areas! would give a slight covering if it holds!