Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Standby.

The way that low is jumping about this "could" be the real thing this time

Hi flyer, I must admit the gfs has it progged further south but I dont hold out much hope for here in Poole. The upper temps are not gonna be cold enough until at least the weekend but as ever live in hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I don't hold out much hope either being right on the coast, if anything perhaps north hants might catch something but as for us, think it's a no go (apart from some rain perhaps). Saying that as I was throwing stones into the sea today and enjoying the sunshine I thought who needs snow? lol dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Hi flyer, I must admit the gfs has it progged further south but I dont hold out much hope for here in Poole. The upper temps are not gonna be cold enough until at least the weekend but as ever live in hope.

Good Evening Kent and Slb

I know what you both mean but as ever I am the eternal otimist :lol:

If you go back to last year one low did a right hander as it approached the channel and that one that went left and headed over Somerset. I was 100% gutted in fact I still havn't totally recovered :whistling:

But just a nudge to the East and down a bit and it would be game on. Still I expect you have noticed how the meto area has got bigger as the day has progressed so that is a +ve.

Maybe we will have a post race chat in 24 hours to see if we all went skiing or Sailing :D

Cheers

me

Edited by flyer

Posted

Ladies and Gents

Put the sleds away till next winter (optimism all used up)

Get the damned mower out and sharpen the blades. :lol:

Reverse psychology trick for the weekend.

Was 5,6c now 5.4c chucking it down with RAIN what a waste of perfectly good snow.

Blame it on the weatherman and manflu :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I already have! And as I knew it, the met office have put out an early advisory for heavy snow for a wide area for Monday, but not us of course. That will change though, we'll get one for heavy rain!girl_devil.gif

Posted

I already have! And as I knew it, the met office have put out an early advisory for heavy snow for a wide area for Monday, but not us of course. That will change though, we'll get one for heavy rain!girl_devil.gif

Yes, very frustrating times for us southerners!! Things look good for the Midlands during the next week, but looks like more of the same down here with cold rain, much like it's been for nearly a week now. However, in these types of set ups, it's very much a case of expect the unexpected and things are bound to change, so we may just get lucky....

Posted

Slb/Don

Just looked at the latest advisories and cannot believe it. Hampshire has been banned.

Is there some sort of collusion going on ? :lol:

Edited by flyer

Posted

Lol Kent! I just swam back from the gym in the heaviest rain shower we've had all day!! Not even hail or thunder to liven things up a bit! Looking to move out of Portsmouth in the medium term, perhaps further inland in line with my partner's job; I shall choose an area that's had the most weather warnings lol so that won't be Hampshire then.......rolleyes.gif

But....at least we got a Red warning in January; that was pretty special!

Edited by slb97

Posted

I love this little thread even if it's the least used lol! I also post in the southwest/southeast ones too when it's quiet here so I won't leave entirely! TBH, I adore the sea, all my family live in a 10 mile radius of Pompey so I'll probably end up going West Sussex/North Hants way if we can afford the house prices! biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Glorious sunshine here at work in Romsey - window open, radiator off. A very dark cloud is passing over and it's just started snowing! :huh: Big fat flakes, but only lasted a few minutes :huh:

Posted

Glorious sunshine here at work in Romsey - window open, radiator off. A very dark cloud is passing over and it's just started snowing! :huh: Big fat flakes, but only lasted a few minutes :huh:

wow! thats good to hear, thought it would be mostly rain in the daytime. nice showers moving along the south coast

post-10842-12665885364617_thumb.png

Posted

A few minutes of (admittedly pretty) snow, here in Winchester - looking towards the WNW, there seem to be quite a few interesting looking clouds, so maybe we'll get a bit more.

Posted

A few minutes of (admittedly pretty) snow, here in Winchester - looking towards the WNW, there seem to be quite a few interesting looking clouds, so maybe we'll get a bit more.

Some nice looking showers around, especially around 50 miles inland. They are quite spurse though, would be nice if they banded together:)

Posted

Pleased to see people are seeing some snow albeit briefly! We've got, you guessed it, rain! lol - typical doh.gif

Edit: heavier shower just arrived with hail now so at least something different to rain!

Edited by slb97

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Yeah, there were some amazing clouds - huge cumulo-nimbus, white and dark grey, some of them had tattered, feathery edges and I think I saw some anvils amongst them, too.

Glorious sunshine here at work in Romsey - window open, radiator off. A very dark cloud is passing over and it's just started snowing! :closedeyes: Big fat flakes, but only lasted a few minutes :angry:

BTW, I cam home shortly after this snow shower and the temp (according to the car, which seems pretty accurate) was 6.5 degrees! I guess that might have been the effect of the sun coming out after the big cloud had passed over. However I arrived back home in Southampton just after it had snowed here and the temp was 5.0.

Prob shouldn't have hoped it would settle, then! :acute:

Posted

Pleased to see people are seeing some snow albeit briefly! We've got, you guessed it, rain! lol - typical doh.gif

Edit: heavier shower just arrived with hail now so at least something different to rain!

Ah a snow flake. Maybe best not to move after all but wait to see how the weather pans out :clap:

Just heard Dan the man on the valve set and he said southern counties will wake up to a dusting.

Believe it when I see it stuff .

Tidy mansions with 50 acres are going for 2.5 up here. If you want something a little dearer head into Berkshire. :) Not much coast around these parts though. :clap:

Posted

Afternoon Punters,

4.8c here at the dish. Wind NW 5 Knots steady and sunny.

Mega black storm to the north over Andover and an anvil or 2 to the SE .

Sleds back on standby :shok:

Posted

Ah a snow flake. Maybe best not to move after all but wait to see how the weather pans out smile.gif

Just heard Dan the man on the valve set and he said southern counties will wake up to a dusting.

Believe it when I see it stuff .

Tidy mansions with 50 acres are going for 2.5 up here. If you want something a little dearer head into Berkshire. smile.gif Not much coast around these parts though. biggrin.gif

50 acres? I need at least a 100 acre plot to fit all my supercars in together with my football pitch and very own runway for my private jet! biggrin.gif

All bright here now, maybe we'll get a few more showers which may turn to actual snow as the temperature dips, but depends on the intensity of the showers I think. From what I can gather on the other threads, latest run shows rain for us again next week (although more northern areas of our region should do ok). I got excited this morning because someone mentioned a channel low for Wednesday but apparently it's not going to come off now.....nonono.gif Actually, I don't know why I got excited really because I don't know what they are but it sounded impressive!!

Posted

We had a sleet/hail/graupel shower this afternoon around 2-30pm, it was fairly heavy at times. It certainly confused the new puppy!

Storm190210.jpg

Evening Wind bit of a cutee you got there best not show my daughter she goes all soppy with piccy's like that.

Not sure why he/she has got a ball stuck to her ear though :D

Get that snow in the fridge before it all disappears.

Edited by flyer

Posted

I think he was complaining that the ball doesn't run so well over hail stones...hehe...

Please don't show your daughter this one

Storm_0016.jpg

I'll get back to you on the 2nd pic.

Just got to will those consecutive lows a tad further south. But hey maybe they will just hug the french coast line.

Need to get the next 4 weeks out of the way then I can get some proper shut eye :lol:

Posted

Well a lot of very very heavy rain for us next week then; pretty much nailed on now so I'm finally stopping my snowsearch and will return to these forums when the weather gets interesting again (thunderstorms anyone?). Midlands look like they're going to get our early January episode and then some this week, lucky things!

Bye all, biggrin.gif