Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Cheers Bri :)

Well at this moment in time it looks like the only places in the Midlands likely to see a decent covering tomorrow is West Midlands. East Midlands in with a very slim chance.

On an off-topic note.. Any snooker fans in here? B)

Posted

Well at this moment in time it looks like the only places in the Midlands likely to see a decent covering tomorrow is West Midlands. East Midlands in with a very slim chance.

Yeah, about as slim as Victoria Beckham I'd say. :)

Ooooh, snooker. Why's that, summat interesting happening? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

unlikely to get as far north as me, snooker fan yeah, but prefer tennis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yeah, about as slim as Victoria Beckham I'd say. B)

Ooooh, snooker. Why's that, summat interesting happening? :)

Haha agreed!

Well... Not really but I love Snooker so I was just wondering who else here is watching it at the moment :)

unlikely to get as far north as me, snooker fan yeah, but prefer tennis

My 3 favourite sports are Football, Tennis and Snooker :) I am a big big fan of Tennis. Have you ever heard of a game for the PC called Tennis Elbow 2009? Best Tennis simulation you can get. Better than Virtua Tennis and Top Spin 3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

so who thinks the snow will reach stourport on severn?????

Posted

:lol: Was expecting a delivery today from Parcelforce. T'was at Nottingham depot on Saturday, and as the delivery hadn't arrived today as planned, I tracked it.

Apparantley it couldn't be delivered due to 'Adverse Weather Conditions'....urrrmmmm....when did snizzle become adverse weather conditions :lol:

Posted

18z has the low even further west so definately looks like it will probably never reach here now...

Only in this cold spell could the atlantic smash in and still dodge us then slide along the south into London yet again.

Edited by conor123

Posted

This mornings journey to work was interesting.

we'd recieved about another 2-3cm of snow here in Wordsley last night. When i got to Stourbridge Town station there seemed to be a little more snow..and again at Stourbridge Junction.

When i got off the train at Rowley Regis...i couldn't beelieve how much snow was on the ground. Must have been nearing 10cm i reckon...possibly more!

Everything very slushy tonight of course. Pavements in Wordsley aren't too bad now but in terrible condition around Blackheath and Rowley Regis. Will be back there in the morning for work.

...and still there could be a sting in the tail for this cold spell....and the prospect of another cold shot not far down the line.

I hope the milder interlude comes with some sunshine. I want a milder few days like the 26th December and not the 29th/30th December!

Posted

:lol: Was expecting a delivery today from Parcelforce. T'was at Nottingham depot on Saturday, and as the delivery hadn't arrived today as planned, I tracked it.

Apparantley it couldn't be delivered due to 'Adverse Weather Conditions'....urrrmmmm....when did snizzle become adverse weather conditions :rolleyes:

It's adverse when it hits Nottingham! It's actually weather, for a change! :rolleyes:

Posted

Not really Conor. A slightly more eastern track, yes, but it doesn't miss us. Overall, no worse than the 12z. However, the other 12z models do not support this, and there may be a possibility there the ensembles will show (for example, London) being an outlier.

I'd wait, but even at this time frame, nothing is set in stone yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18z has the low even further west so definately looks like it will probably never reach here now...

Only in this cold spell could the atlantic smash in and still dodge us then slide along the south into London yet again.

It just looks like it will arrive a bit later thats all.

Posted

It just looks like it will arrive a bit later thats all.

It never even makes it this far north on this run, just the drizzly leftovers at best.

Here was me thinking finally a good event was on the way for us, but yet again its falling apart last minute :rolleyes:

Posted

Latest NAE projections look like a good upgrade 10011312_1118.gifto my eye compared to the last output....................... More of the region looks like joining in the fun but its totally at odds with the latest bbc forecast.. Which one will win or backdown this time after yesterdays fiasco?? My moneys on the Nae for now................good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Latest NAE projections look like a good upgrade

eye compared to the last output....................... More of the region looks like joining in the fun but its totally at odds with the latest bbc forecast.. Which one will win or backdown this time after yesterdays fiasco?? My moneys on the Nae for now................good.gif

Not so sure on that one. If you have a look at the precip accumulation charts there is very little for the majority of the midlands. Mainly remnants of what was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18Z NAE shows the snow getting nicely over us by evening on Wednesday. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

10011318_1118.gif

And to finish the run this little beauty to whet the appettite clap.gif

DEAL NOEL! :good:

Posted

Not so sure on that one. If you have a look at the precip accumulation charts there is very little for the majority of the midlands. Mainly remnants of what was.

For some reason I dont find those charts on accumulation that accurate ? Could go either way but the fact is it starts falling at night so should stick but theres still time for it to go titticus verticus. Last nights snow was only a weak affair really but it went from wet crappy sleety rain in the day to half decent snow during the night with decent recoverings for some.. Dont think we can be sure at the moment about amounts but the potential is there definately.

DEAL NOEL! biggrin.gif

LOL The potential seems to be getting better mate but if we do get any accumulation then from what I read at lunchtime then you should be expected to walk all the way to Cannock to school young manacute.gif lol

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

10011318_1118.gif

And to finish the run this little beauty to whet the appettite clap.gif

Humm if only - that covers me and it ifs still snowing then - we could be in for a right dumping lol!

after the disappointment of yesterday - i reckon no snow at all....anything more and il be happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

For some reason I dont find those charts on accumulation that accurate ? Could go either way but the fact is it starts falling at night so should stick but theres still time for it to go titticus verticus. Last nights snow was only a weak affair really but it went from wet crappy sleety rain in the day to half decent snow during the night with decent recoverings for some.. Dont think we can be sure at the moment about amounts but the potential is there definately.

I don't think many models portray precip and accumulation that accurately. If you take some charts and put them against the eventual radar distribution, there's always discrepancies. Particularly in overdoing the spread. I very much doubt that distribution will be to the extent that those charts show.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

LOL The potential seems to be getting better mate but if we do get any accumulation then from what I read at lunchtime then you should be expected to walk all the way to Cannock to school young manacute.gif lol

Well on Wednesday (like today) I don't have any lessons until the afternoon, by which time it will probably have melted anyway!

Besides, there is always the bus...or the bike!

News at 10 forecast on BBC seemed pretty promising.