Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Knock, knock, knocking on Birmingham's door... time for bed! Good luck all :drinks:

Posted

I've moved to Oxford again, and the snow has arrived here. It's been snowing for about 20 mins that I know of, and the cars have a thin but pretty much complete covering already. It's coming down quite strongly, though it's currently very fine, which isn't so good for clear surfaces. Fortunately around here, everything is still pretty white. Out on the main roads though, it may take some time.

Posted

It's finally got here now, and already produced a dusting over practically everything, so i'm off.

Gnight all! :rolleyes:

Can't be far from me now then...

Posted

Gritters have now been out, preparing for tonight :)

I am prepared to apologise for my way off prediction of only a dusting, I think we may see more.. I didnt think the snow would reach, but it has. Im sorry! :) But im glad I was wrong!! Although I think it'll begin to break up now. I expect snow by 2AM.

Posted

Moderate snow quickly covering the cars and rooftops here now, it's been a long wait will it be worth it? :)

How long you had it? Still nothing here in Great Barr North B'ham...

Posted

Oh the met office forecast for me has changed so that instead of snow all day, it turns to sleet by noon and then rain by 3pm.

Posted

Oh my god... 2 minutes ago we didnt have snow, now theres a covering on cars again and the road is going white once more, its snowing, but for how long..

Posted

Oh the met office forecast for me has changed so that instead of snow all day, it turns to sleet by noon and then rain by 3pm.

Have you seen the temps for the day? A bit on the low side methinks :)

Posted

Have you seen the temps for the day? A bit on the low side methinks :)

Well Im not sure what made them change the forecast in recent hours, but they have, so I will bear it in mind so that Im not too shocked if it does happen tomorrow afternoon.

Meanwhile the agonising wait for the stuff to arrive has reached the tantalising 'so near and yet so far' stage for me, and it will be very close as to whether it reaches me before I go to bed at some point in the next hour.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

Well Im not sure what made them change the forecast in recent hours, but they have, so I will bear it in mind so that Im not too shocked if it does happen tomorrow afternoon.

Meanwhile the agonising wait for the stuff to arrive has reached the tantalising 'so near and yet so far' stage for me, and it will be very close as to whether it reaches me before I go to bed at some point in the next hour.

You'll see it within an hour if it keeps up the speed, its picked up again (typical!!) :)

Even before the old snow has gone new snow falls on top of it now, if this was the first snowfall of the winter i would be jumping for joy but its getting old now, just shows you why our climate is so great, snow all the time gets old, so heres to our wonderful maritime climate and all the variety it brings :closedeyes:

Posted

Even before the old snow has gone new snow falls on top of it now, if this was the first snowfall of the winter i would be jumping for joy but its getting old now, just shows you why our climate is so great, snow all the time gets old, so heres to our wonderful maritime climate and all the variety it brings :)

I like it whilst it falls, once it stops I want it to melt :closedeyes:

Posted

I dont think we could have asked for more really, a nice bonus.

I think we will be getting more though, im keeping an eye of the snow as it goes Brecon and Black Mountains. If it makes it over there quite heavy we may be in for a few more hours?

Careful if you are out driving early morning in a few hours down side roads, there was no snow left on my road, now you cant see the kerbs.

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

Dustbin men have just gone straight past us again, thats now 2 weeks worth of rubbish on the streets now as we arent even supplied with bins! Second City my a***! Havent even stopped along the main road.

Me thinks someones trying to get back home early!! :drinks::drinks:

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

simply WOW!

was not expecting to see this... i slept through it all and am i surprised or what.

Complete whiteout outside!drinks.gif .

Posted

simply WOW!

was not expecting to see this... i slept through it all and am i surprised or what.

Complete whiteout outside!drinks.gif .

a good 2cm or so top up of snow here for the moment anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

a good 2cm or so top up of snow here for the moment anyway

yep could be more to come aswell still snowing here in portsmouth,

not sure where its coming from because met o radar says it cleared the coast half hour ago lol.:cold:

edit: and its light stuff but falling moderate.

Edited by badboy657