Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Puts AJ`s theory to bed then !!!yahoo.gif

What theory is that ? :lol: ......I'm no meteoroli metoeorlrleo weather-man, I just make it up as I go along!....lol

Posted

Not far from you now loopydreamer!

oooh im excited yahoo.gifdrunk.gif

BRING IT ON! u will get it too serendipity!! i aint going to bed yet for sure!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not expecting anything in North B'ham overnight, think its just a few miles west before it goes sadly for me!

It will get to you!

Posted

Latest NAE pushes the precip further east10011312_1218.gif so I,d imagine that we should all see something out of it though looks like turning to rain later tomorrow so if you get any enjoy it cause it wont be around much longer I feel and the longer term outlook at the moment aint greatcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

What theory is that ? unsure.gif ......I'm no meteoroli metoeorlrleo weather-man, I just make it up as I go along!....lol

Drifting easily .... surely a woman couln`t cope? whistling.gif

Sorry all ladies present... I`m sure you can drive your car better than me or AJ !!rolleyes.gif

Driving a fiat 500 must test ya wits to the ends of the earth!!!acute.gif

Still cold mods !!!ph34r.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Latest NAE pushes the precip further east10011312_1218.gif so I,d imagine that we should all see something out of it though looks like turning to rain later tomorrow so if you get any enjoy it cause it wont be around much longer I feel and the longer term outlook at the moment aint greatcray.gif

Eh that looks pretty neat for Leicester that does!

Posted

Will you be participating in a spot of fraggling tonight sir????????crazy.gif

Oh yes!!!whistling.gifph34r.gifdrunk.gifyahoo.gif

Eh that looks pretty neat for Leicester that does!

And 15 miles NE ??drinks.gif Lol, radar it is then !!! crazy.gif Till lampost hour !!ph34r.gif Some of us work in the morning Andy !!!whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Oh yawn this is sooooo slow moving! And the bit heading towards me seems to have stalled so it is all going to my north west! Think I may have to go to bed because by my calculation it won't reach me for another hour and a half!

Posted

oooh im excited yahoo.gifdrunk.gif

BRING IT ON! u will get it too serendipity!! i aint going to bed yet for sure!

Not to far away from me now, looks like it's just about arrived at Worcester.

Reddich post code is around 7 miles east from my location.... (loopy dreamers area)

post-7891-12633359433328_thumb.jpg

Edited by mildmuck

Posted

And 15 miles NE ??drinks.gif Lol, radar it is then !!! crazy.gif Till lampost hour !!ph34r.gif Some of us work in the morning Andy !!!whistling.gif

Haha I know :shok: I won't be staying up late anyway, going bed in a few hours because i'm cream crackered.

For all of us who get snow tonight/tomorrow... Make the most of it because the models are an absolute stinker for the next 7 days at least. Mild winds, big low pressures over Greenland/Iceland and the blocking is completely gone.

Still... I actually fancy a bit of mild weather now, seeing as we STILL have no boiler working then it will save on electricity for these convector heaters.

Posted

The fraggling thing is probably lost on everyone else mate lol. Just a few more hours to go now and hopefully it will intensify and give some areas one last good snowfall of this current cold spell. Then all eyes down looking towards the next cold spellsmile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Haha I know biggrin.gif I won't be staying up late anyway, going bed in a few hours because i'm cream crackered.

For all of us who get snow tonight/tomorrow... Make the most of it because the models are an absolute stinker for the next 7 days at least. Mild winds, big low pressures over Greenland/Iceland and the blocking is completely gone.

Still... I actually fancy a bit of mild weather now, seeing as we STILL have no boiler working then it will save on electricity for these convector heaters.

Go home...no reallynea.gif lol.

Still, it's been good to experience the longest cold spell of my life. Maybe not as snowy as some, but exceptional in terms of prolonged cold nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow, this band is moving so fast!.....zipping along 5 miles per decade, at this rate later on I should be able to track its progress across my front lawn! :shok:

Posted

I think there's reason to be optimistic. An inch or two in places just on the longevity.

Good to have you on board mate. Anyweather mentioned earlier that there could be quite a bit of intesification tonight so I,m hoping for a bit more but either way it,ll probably all be gone by tomorrow nightcray.gif

Posted

Wow, this band is moving so fast!.....zipping along 5 miles per decade, at this rate later on I should be able to track its progress across my front lawn! rolleyes.gif

yep it has slowed down. please dont stall now diablo.gifmad.gif

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted

Wow, this band is moving so fast!.....zipping along 5 miles per decade, at this rate later on I should be able to track its progress across my front lawn! :shok:

Agreed, ridiculously slow progress. Just gotta envy the lucky buggers that are underneath it all! Why does nothing ever stall like this in the Midlands? :D We usually get fronts that steam through or showers that steam through and give us a few cm's of snow.

Posted

The fraggling thing is probably lost on everyone else mate lol. Just a few more hours to go now and hopefully it will intensify and give some areas one last good snowfall of this current cold spell. Then all eyes down looking towards the next cold spellsmile.gif

Those who know, ....know, those who don`t ,..................will in time,.............. understand...drinks.gif

Posted

eeek! its slowed down peeps! help.gifwallbash.gif

You're not wrong it is so close if not here now per the radar but it's doing nothing outside! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Good to have you on board mate. Anyweather mentioned earlier that there could be quite a bit of intesification tonight so I,m hoping for a bit more but either way it,ll probably all be gone by tomorrow nightcray.gif

Cheers mate. I think the projected pivot over the midlands, with the ppn band taking more of a northerly track, could help out a good portion of us a great deal.

It'll be sad to see it all go, but at least we now know that prolonged cold still exists in the dreaded "christmas pudding" *shudder*.

Ha ha...LOVE how m***** era has been added to the swear filter. Awesome stuff. rofl.gif

Edited by Supercell