Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

On the whole this has weakend significantly

Not weakened much at all.

If anything it is now more intense than an hour ago heading for this region.

Posted

Hi all,

To be honest i can't see this band getting to us anytime soon.

It would appear that it has stalled in its curent location.

Still we live in hope.

Regards,

kev Walker

edited to add it is moving but very sloooooooooow!

Edited by keviwal

Posted

Lets hope it reaches here- I'm hoping for a repeat of 2-3 March 1995 which like this one came in from the SW and retained its strength right across the Midlands, giving 5-15cm in most places. Slightly less welcome would be a repeat of 11-12 Mar 2004, when we only just caught the northern edge and got 1cm (30 miles south got plenty, 30 miles north zilch). Just please, please not another everywhere-but-Shropshire event!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yes, agreed, rather slow movement NEwards.....I've spent the last hour looking at all the data, charts, models, synoptics, you name it....and have calculated that snow from this front should reach the Stafford region by around 09z on 19th July 2012 :whistling:

Posted

The Meto forecast shows at least 18 hours period of possible snow, so I guess they think this will be slow moving.

Not saying we will get a solid 18 hours though....maybe 8 would be good. :whistling:

Posted

I have observed via a security light some exceedingly small snowlike substances falling in my part of Nuneaton. Im not surprised it is too wimpy for the radar to pickup. I assume its got nothing to do with the main event which is still rather a long way away. At this rate I shall revise my expectation to have a fair idea by midnight of what is going to happen overnight & tomorrow.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

After being stationary for a while, it seems to be moving again in the past half hour and it's now reached Hereford at long last on the radar. Wonder if it'll get to us intact - lots of radar watching and crossing fingers tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

yes, agreed, rather slow movement NEwards.....I've spent the last hour looking at all the data, charts, models, synoptics, you name it....and have calculated that snow from this front should reach the Stafford region by around 09z on 19th July 2012 rolleyes.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif PMSL!! This is tense stuff! Seems to have pepped up over Bristol? And it`s defo swinging towards the midlands as a whole.

Carling ...locked loaded and readyhi.gifph34r.gif

Posted

20 miles til it's here :drinks:

Let me know when it gets to you CG. I am in the shadow of the Malverns so I hopefully should get it just after :doh:

Edited by snowhope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm I didn't realise this until I just went up the chippy but... Here it's like fine misty drizzle. You can't make it out under light but you can feel it on our face. The pavements and roads are a death trap here, the misty drizzle stuff is freezing on the ground, the temp is 0.3c and dew is -2.0c so it cant be PPN, must just be mist.

Posted

I reckon this band will reach Leicester around 3am. Probably reach Birmingham about 1am.

Can't see it being much though, dusting for Leicester, maybe 3-5cm for Birmingham.

Posted

Hmmm I didn't realise this until I just went up the chippy but... Here it's like fine misty drizzle. You can't make it out under light but you can feel it on our face. The pavements and roads are a death trap here, the misty drizzle stuff is freezing on the ground, the temp is 0.3c and dew is -2.0c so it cant be PPN, must just be mist.

MIZZLE!! rofl.gif Oh you couln`t make it up......rofl.gifgood.gif Coming live from Pothole central......................!whistling.gif

Posted

Evening everybody!!!!!!!

Well, the snow has all gone from here, my boiler is fixed, I am warm again, and I just cannot get excited about this band of snow!!! :mellow: I just don't think it will get to the sunny climes that are Long Eaton!!!!! Much like all the heavy snow they predicted for the weekend jut fell as sleet!!!!!!!

Though I would happily be pleasently suprised if the snow did decide to hang on and give us a small dumping lol!!!!!!!!!!

MIZZLE!! rofl.gif Oh you couln`t make it up......rofl.gifgood.gif Coming live from Pothole central......................!whistling.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif That has sooooooooooooo made me laugh!!!! snizzle, drizzle, mizzle lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

yes, agreed, rather slow movement NEwards.....I've spent the last hour looking at all the data, charts, models, synoptics, you name it....and have calculated that snow from this front should reach the Stafford region by around 09z on 19th July 2012 :rolleyes:

Would mean a nice dry Spring and first half Summer for once while we waited :lol:

Everyone should put their hoovers south and try and see if it drags it up :lol:

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Evening everybody!!!!!!!

Well, the snow has all gone from here, my boiler is fixed, I am warm again, and I just cannot get excited about this band of snow!!! :rolleyes: I just don't think it will get to the sunny climes that are Long Eaton!!!!! Much like all the heavy snow they predicted for the weekend jut fell as sleet!!!!!!!

Though I would happily be pleasently suprised if the snow did decide to hang on and give us a small dumping lol!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif That has sooooooooooooo made me laugh!!!! snizzle, drizzle, mizzle lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you missed the other one, light sleet, or as we call it 'slizzle'...lol

Posted

I reckon this band will reach Leicester around 3am. Probably reach Birmingham about 1am.

Can't see it being much though, dusting for Leicester, maybe 3-5cm for Birmingham.

3-5cm for Ibstock too Andy? We still have a good few cm's out in the fields surrounding the village after yesterday's freak snow event so another top up would be good. I'm getting quietly optimistic!

Posted

Haha I know :lol: It can't be PPN though otherwise it would be snowing, 0.3c and -2.1c dew point is garauntee'd snow. Pothole central lmao, thats what ridiculously freezing temps do for ya :rolleyes:

Posted

Evening everybody!!!!!!!

Well, the snow has all gone from here, my boiler is fixed, I am warm again, and I just cannot get excited about this band of snow!!! sad.gif I just don't think it will get to the sunny climes that are Long Eaton!!!!! Much like all the heavy snow they predicted for the weekend jut fell as sleet!!!!!!!

You forgot ma nizzle!....drinks.gif ........ Now chizzle ma nizzle as the snizzle is clizzle!drunk.gifph34r.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif