Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Haha I know :lol: It can't be PPN though otherwise it would be snowing, 0.3c and -2.1c dew point is garauntee'd snow. Pothole central lmao, thats what ridiculously freezing temps do for ya :rolleyes:

The pot holes are horrendous....My road has a huge one...In fact this morning my house was 302ft above sea level...by the time I got home from work, it was only 282ft above sea level...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

3-5cm for Ibstock too Andy? We still have a good few cm's out in the fields surrounding the village after yesterday's freak snow event so another top up would be good. I'm getting quietly optimistic!

Yes probably mate. It's all going to come down to PPN amounts rather than if it will be sleet or snow. It will fall as snow without a shadow of a doubt. By the way... You ever been Braunstone chippy before? I have just got my dinner for tonight from there :rolleyes: Fernhurst is an ice rink, about fell over!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What about light hail? Can that be called hizzle?

Posted

Move along people, nothing to see here... :lazy:

Then again, what did you expect from Nottingham... :nea:

LMAO that reminds me of Lee Evans when he is talking about driving past an accident and the police officer is like "Move along please theres nothing to see here" and hes like "Well I wasn't thinking about seeing anything until you mentioned it.. Why what the ***** going on??" :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

What about light hail? Can that be called hizzle?

I take it that 'light precipitation' should be called pizzle then?...lol

Posted

sky channel 134 live bristol city v cardiff

you can see the sleet there gives you an idea of covering

very little in my opinion

seen more white on my mince pies at chrimbo

Posted

Well i'm not getting my hopes up until the snow passes Worcester.

From there, it could choose the quick M5 or the scenic A450!

My thermometer is dead on 0C at the moment (I don't know the DP but i assume its below 0C)...so maybe even here in the Wordsley rain bowl it could fall as snow!

Like a London Midland Station destination board though, the time of arrival is open to question.

Posted

Haha I know :rofl: It can't be PPN though otherwise it would be snowing, 0.3c and -2.1c dew point is garauntee'd snow. Pothole central lmao, thats what ridiculously freezing temps do for ya :lazy:

You sure? Here in Nuneaton Ive checked and Im still seeing the exceedingly tiny snow if I turn on the security light in the back garden. I cant see it by the lamppost out the front. But when it is lit up by the security light I can see that some of it is blowing around like snow, so I am going to call it snow.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

huh.gif Well another bitter day in my part of the world!! temps not rose above 0c all day,strong winds causing more drifting.

Cat and Fiddle rd closed by 10ft drifts and so is the Leek to Buxton rd..

Posted

You sure? Here in Nuneaton Ive checked and Im still seeing the exceedingly tiny snow if I turn on the security light in the back garden. I cant see it by the lamppost out the front. But when it is lit up by the security light I can see that some of it is blowing around like snow, so I am going to call it snow.

Yeh? So that is a report of light snow from Nuneaton then? :lazy:

It could be light snow here but I couldn't tell under the street light, all I know is.. It's COLD! lol

Posted

You forgot ma nizzle!....drinks.gif ........ Now chizzle ma nizzle as the snizzle is clizzle!drunk.gifph34r.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

oooooooooo stooooooooooopppp!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif My stomach hurts I am laughing sooooooooooooooooo much, I cann't stop!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif

Posted

Yes probably mate. It's all going to come down to PPN amounts rather than if it will be sleet or snow. It will fall as snow without a shadow of a doubt. By the way... You ever been Braunstone chippy before? I have just got my dinner for tonight from there good.gif Fernhurst is an ice rink, about fell over!

Been there once ot twice but not that often, my Mother in-law cooks better food! ;-) Fernhurst is always hazardous when the white stuff hits, Braunstone Town doesn't know what a gritter truck looks like!! I'm back your way Thursday night, probably be slush by then!!

Posted

& it's snowing here! Hope it reaches you all xx

:whistling: nice one CG!

Radar and Lamppost watch in progress here...

Posted

Been there once ot twice but not that often, my Mother in-law cooks better food! ;-) Fernhurst is always hazardous when the white stuff hits, Braunstone Town doesn't know what a gritter truck looks like!! I'm back your way Thursday night, probably be slush by then!!

Haha yeh I don't go chippy much, maybe once a week at the most but usually just cook myself. Got no food in tonight though and I couldn't be bothered to wait for a bus to go Asda, flippin baltic out there. By Thursday I imagine it will mostly be melted :whistling:

and yes... The gritter people don't even know Braunstone Town exists :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

The pot holes are horrendous....My road has a huge one...In fact this morning my house was 302ft above sea level...by the time I got home from work, it was only 282ft above sea level...lol

You still have your house?? unknw.gif Did you not see the live shots onnews 24 earlier from Melton Mowbray??clap.gif Lol....rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

oooooooooo stooooooooooopppp!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif My stomach hurts I am laughing sooooooooooooooooo much, I cann't stop!!!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif

Thats it Mark, grab your coat (and pork pies) You've just pulled my son :whistling:

:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The precipitation is losing intensity very quickly now as it moves inland isn't it? Still hoping for a covering here but don't think I dare hope for more!