Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Wow, this band is moving so fast!.....zipping along 5 miles per decade, at this rate later on I should be able to track its progress across my front lawn! rolleyes.gif

I`m sooooo hopeing for the fly on the windscreen effect!!! Work it out AJ !!!whistling.gifyahoo.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Somebody give that thing a push! On another note, anybody ever got a pill stuck in their throat? Quite annoying :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Agreed, ridiculously slow progress. Just gotta envy the lucky buggers that are underneath it all! Why does nothing ever stall like this in the Midlands? :shok: We usually get fronts that steam through or showers that steam through and give us a few cm's of snow.

That, though is the key point Andy, providing the snow can settle on these wet surfaces, then the midlands in general could be sat in a prolonged period of light accumulating snow. It could be a dodgy morning on the roads again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

It will start getting milder now for how long does any body know?

Posted

I am going to bed. Not sure what if any snow is going to hit my area, whatever does its a good way off yet. Here's hoping for one last good downfall before that mild weather and rain comes in this weekend!!

Edited by stipey1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Somebody give that thing a push! On another note, anybody ever got a pill stuck in their throat? Quite annoying :lol:

yeah, like catching one's privates in one's zip, its painful and a blessed relief when everything starts moving again...lol

Posted

Apparently its going to start to fizzle out as it gets to Birmingham.. :lol: Only a cm or 2.. :D

I'd rather that then be one of those poor buggers in Haiti at the moment.

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

Reckon we've got a couple of cm here already.

Aj will have less if that zip causes any more problems !!yahoo.gif

Posted

Cheers mate. I think the projected pivot over the midlands, with the ppn band taking more of a northerly track, could help out a good portion of us a great deal.

It'll be sad to see it all go, but at least we now know that prolonged cold still exists in the dreaded "christmas pudding" *shudder*.

Ha ha...LOVE how m***** era has been added to the swear filter. Awesome stuff. rofl.gif

LOL. That m***** era chuff, I remember a few years back on here and over on TWO that one certain individual whistling.gif used to bang that drum so loud and I used to love reading people ripping em to shreds but they always stood firm blum.gif . I cant remember the name of the person but it would be interesting to hear there stance now ??

Posted

yahoo.gif

Apparently its going to start to fizzle out as it gets to Birmingham.. mellow.gif Only a cm or 2.. mellow.gif

And you were told that by ??drinks.gifyahoo.gifunknw.gifph34r.gif

I need to go to a great bar................drunk.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Apparently its going to start to fizzle out as it gets to Birmingham.. mellow.gif Only a cm or 2.. mellow.gif

Apparently my friend you are very wrongblum.gif Care to share your source of information because all weather forecasts national and regional forecast snow. also most if not all of the models do to?? Not sure on depths but you WILL see snow tonight. As I mentioned earlier it was never forecast to get here till around midnight anyway so its a bit foolish to write it off yet mate.good.gif

Posted

BBC News.. oops.gif

So sorry mate, only jizzling............?rolleyes.gif That sounded wronghelp.gif Obviously some words cant have an izzle..................oops.gif

MODS FORGIVE ME....hi.giftease.gif

Posted

Apparently my friend you are very wrongblum.gif Care to share your source of information because all weather forecasts national and regional forecast snow. also most if not all of the models do to?? Not sure on depths but you WILL see snow tonight. As I mentioned earlier it was never forecast to get here till around midnight anyway so its a bit foolish to write it off yet mate.good.gif

I did say apparently.. Im not writing anything off :drinks: Im going by a regional forecast on BBC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

LOL. That m***** era chuff, I remember a few years back on here and over on TWO that one certain individual whistling.gif used to bang that drum so loud and I used to love reading people ripping em to shreds but they always stood firm blum.gif . I cant remember the name of the person but it would be interesting to hear there stance now ??

Absolutely. Naysayers take note on current synoptics.

Painfully slow progess of the ppn, but hopefully worse still progress as it takes hold of the midlands.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

i hope more than 1-2cms - there is already more than that on my driveway unknw.gif

Posted

Well, almost here then, the last snowfall of the cold spell....

...hopefully not the last snowfall of the winter, but you never know. We were hoping for a reload in mid to late February last year but it never happened.

Maybe we should have a brief bit of the wet and windies...thats the other side of January we haven't seen yet this year!

Posted

Well, almost here then, the last snowfall of the cold spell....

...hopefully not the last snowfall of the winter, but you never know. We were hoping for a reload in mid to late February last year but it never happened.

Maybe we should have a brief bit of the wet and windies...thats the other side of January we haven't seen yet this year!

Considering we usually don't get snow till February in most recent winter's we still have plenty of time yet.

I am off to bed now so hopefully the snow will of crawl 20 miles north east by the morning :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

So sorry mate, only jizzling............?rolleyes.gif That sounded wronghelp.gif Obviously some words cant have an izzle..................oops.gif

MODS FORGIVE ME....hi.giftease.gif

blink.gif Whatever turns you on...cool.gif

Still a good couple of hours away from me I would have thought.

Posted

The front line of the precip is dieing (was going to anyway), but the general movement is still eastwards so it'll take just a tad longer to get to us near Birmingham.:unsure:

Posted

The front line of the precip is dieing (was going to anyway), but the general movement is still eastwards so it'll take just a tad longer to get to us near Birmingham.rolleyes.gif

agreed! it seemed to slow right down but is still moving! rolleyes.gif

Posted

hi all, thought is was about time i joined in and all very new to me!! very cold here

and as you all say and do i lampost watchin now too!!!!!!!!!!!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

thing is are we goin to plan for a pastin or dustin?????