Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

The front line of the precip is dieing (was going to anyway), but the general movement is still eastwards so it'll take just a tad longer to get to us near Birmingham.rolleyes.gif

Looks to have stalled but that could just be my radar weary eyes....

BedIZZLE? DO YOU KNOW NOT, THE WAYS OF THE IZZLE?

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Finally lamp post watch has paid off - it's arrived! :drinks: Light flakes a blowin' in the wind :unsure:

Posted

Looks to have stalled but that could just be my radar weary eyes....

Well, the stronger precip is still moving east well, it's just the very east edge (which had weak precip already) had stopped. So either way, it'll move again sooner or later. :yahoo:

Posted

I'm off to bed soon, expect a fresh covering in the morning (touch and go if what we have will survive at >50% till 9am without); if not I'll know once and for all that this town truly sucks for snow...........

Posted

Hi guys. The latest NAE looks more promising for the Midlands!

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/01/12/basis18/ukuk/prty/10011312_1218.gif

Maybe not such a non event after all. (fingers crossed)

Posted

Finally lamp post watch has paid off - it's arrived! clap.gif Light flakes a blowin' in the wind whistling.gif

only a few miles away then! looks like i could be seein flake or to very soondrinks.gif

Posted

Well, the stronger precip is still moving east well, it's just the very east edge (which had weak precip already) had stopped. So either way, it'll move again sooner or later. rolleyes.gif

Keep pushing my friend,drinks.gifph34r.gif else im gonna see nothing!!

If you want a moment of solice and a laugh, go to the welsh thread, put on ya best uncle accent and read away its awsome....

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Hi guys. The latest NAE looks more promising for the Midlands!

http://expert.weathe...011312_1218.gif

Maybe not such a non event after all. (fingers crossed)

wot do u think us in northants will get and wot approximate time will it arrive ?

Posted

Finally lamp post watch has paid off - it's arrived! clap.gif Light flakes a blowin' in the wind whistling.gif

YAY! good to hear its reaching parts of worc now!

give it a push in my direction will ya yahoo.gif

Posted

60 miles away and it stops?nonono.gif

Someone tell me its not stopped??wallbash.gif

Never mind theres always news 24...........................................ph34r.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

YAY! good to hear its reaching parts of worc now!

give it a push in my direction will ya yahoo.gif

So near and yet so far for you - I hope it reaches you. There's easily been a further 2 inches here, but it's hard to tell exactly how much as there's a lot of drifting going on too. If it keeps going like this, I'm wondering what we're going to wake up to in the morning!

Good luck to all of you who are hoping that this will reach you. It's looking like it's stalled, but the forecast is still for it to push slowly north. Just before 11.00, Alex Deakin spoke of snow persisting in the Birmingham area for much of the day tomorrow, maybe giving a couple of inches.

Posted

wot do u think us in northants will get and wot approximate time will it arrive ?

Not sure Steve! I can't call this one at all. The NAE is very bullish, suggesting potentially 6cm of snow in the county which is a major upgrade on earlier today, but we'll see.

As for timing, I can't see it reaching here before 6am.

Posted

So near and yet so far for you - I hope it reaches you. There's easily been a further 2 inches here, but it's hard to tell exactly how much as there's a lot of drifting going on too. If it keeps going like this, I'm wondering what we're going to wake up to in the morning!

Good luck to all of you who are hoping that this will reach you. It's looking like it's stalled, but the forecast is still for it to push slowly north. Just before 11.00, Alex Deakin spoke of snow persisting in the Birmingham area for much of the day tomorrow, maybe giving a couple of inches.

yea its so close! it hasn't quite stalled. its just moving much slower! PLEASE DONT STOP! PLEASE DONT STOP!

IT SOUNDS AMAZING WHERE U R? clap.gif

Posted

Not sure Steve! I can't call this one at all. The NAE is very bullish, suggesting potentially 6cm of snow in the county which is a major upgrade on earlier today, but we'll see.

ok- thanks for reply- hope it does reach us !!

Posted

It is knocking on the door of Oxford, so 6 hours to get 40 miles up the A43 to Northampton seems, even by a slow moving frontal system very sluggish. It is only moving at best about 15 miles per hour north-eastwards on average (perhaps?). I would suggest Northampton might see snow in less than half that time, i.e. just after about 3am. We've had snizzle all evening here, its even given a light snizzle topping on the car.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Sky News are also forecasting only a dusting for the Midlands.. South West Midlands may see a little bit more than 1 cm or 2 but for the rest its a dusting.

This really isnt worth staying up for folks, its moving so slow, its going to weaken as it gets closer, please dont say its a 'non-event' this was never going to be an event! I do love snow but I cant see beyond a dusting either, I agree with Sky and BBC News on this occassion.

Posted

It's started moving again. It's just the precip border north west of birmingham that was defective. There's a heavy bit right now advancing right towards me... :drinks:

Posted

yea its so close! it hasn't quite stalled. its just moving much slower! PLEASE DONT STOP! PLEASE DONT STOP!

IT SOUNDS AMAZING WHERE U R? clap.gif

Hmmm it's stopped now I don't get it?! It's like it's stalling right on my doorstep bizarre. :drinks:

Maybe it needs a kick up rear from the more intense bands behind?

Well I'm off to bed this front is like a watched kettle...

Good luck all let's hope it gets a move on!

Posted

It is knocking on the door of Oxford, so 6 hours to get 40 miles up the A43 to Northampton seems, even by a slow moving frontal system very sluggish. It is only moving at best about 15 miles per hour north-eastwards on average (perhaps?). I would suggest Northampton might see snow in less than half that time, i.e. just after about 3am. We've had snizzle all evening here, its even given a light snizzle topping on the car.

wen did u have light snow- nothing here in wellingborough! why r all forecasters saying hardly anything here....

Posted

Alex Deakin on the BBC now talking about "up to 2 inches of snow" for the Midlands. Looks like he's seen the NAE. :whistling:

Good night everybody!

my mum just sent me a pic from where she lives s.e wales and they have approx 6 inches already and it looks like they only half way through fron t!!!!!!!