Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Still just light sleety rain here between Yeovil and Sherborne. Temp +1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Not up to febs levels but very good snow cover indeed(including previous snowcover) I thought it was meant to be warming up here now and turning to rain? It's got slightly colder, Temp -0.6C an still snowing.

This will still turn to rain won't it? I need to be able to travel outside of the village.

Jase

Its turning to rain over west Devon at the moment, but the PPN is dying as well, so I don't know how much rain there will be, if any.

post-7608-12633348003428_thumb.png

100's of car's stranded in Devon IF i heard correct,and many car's stranded around Cardiff Motorway

Haldon Hill, Telegraph Hill, probably some up near Whiddon Down, not to mentiona anyone out on the Moor :lol:

Posted

My dad just told me that Exeter motorway has ground to a halt. To be fair he probably heard that from his neighbour Ollie, who heard it from the man in the co-op, who is related to a woman, who's next door neighbours cousin has driven to Polgooth and was told by a man in a pub. :lol:

I am giving up weather watching, since the snow has started my home phone, mobile and email has gone mad and I have nothing to tell them apart from "Look out of the window, if it sticks then no work tomorrow."

Still snowing here, it has almost covered my car now. It doesn't seem to be pitching on the pavements though.

Posted

Its turning to rain over west Devon at the moment, but the PPN is dying as well, so I don't know how much rain there will be, if any.

post-7608-12633348003428_thumb.png

Haldon Hill, Telegraph Hill, probably some up near Whiddon Down, not to mentiona anyone out on the Moor laugh.gif

Telegraph hill was the focus on earlier news24 bulletin.

Hope it all clears by 28 Jan - off down torquay again for along weekend! LOL laugh.gif

Posted

yes and they are not happy because they wonder why it has happened again, to quote one driver "we have just returned from Spain and we heard about the snow forcast over there, so why didn't the council and get some gritters up here??

I'm not sure the gritters would of been much use... I mean salt ain't gonna touch a foot of snow is it. It's not magic dust. Although, that said I don't know if they had a foot there...

Perhaps they would like a plough for their personal use, I mean, we woulnd't want to inconvenience anyone now would we. wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Just rain here now.Very wet on the ground.

Posted

Guys

Pop into the S.E. & London thread.

Nick F - top forecaster on NW - says prediction of precipitation not moving much in next few hours - we could be in for a better pasting than first thoughtyahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

I'm not sure the gritters would of been much use... I mean salt ain't gonna touch a foot of snow is it. It's not magic dust. Although, that said I don't know if they had a foot there...

Perhaps they would like a plough for their personal use, I mean, we woulnd't want to inconvenience anyone now would we. wallbash.gif

Quite! They are apparently towing cars from the top first to get them moving but there are hundreds of cars and most have been waiting upto 4 hours!!

Posted

Evening All,

Snow now falling here - being blown around quite a bit.

Roads covered again after spending b****y ages clearing them yesterday!

Phil.

same here,the roofs have gone white..

Posted

Quite! They are apparently towing cars from the top first to get them moving but there are hundreds of cars and most have been waiting upto 4 hours!!

They set up an emergency centre to, and there is a little chef up there! :pardon:

Two years running though, if this global warming is going to carry on perhaps we need to look into some better de-icing techniques :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

same here,the roofs have gone white..

Imagine of this was those big 50p flakes!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Still a fine snow here, leaving a dusting on some cleared surfaces such as pavements, but not yet on roofs that were clear.

:)hello JohnGill, I'm from Wellington -nice to see /read some info from someone very local.

Had some snow here in Wellington but nothing settled.Be interesting to see what happens overnight.

Posted

Well not sure what time it started snowing because ive just got back from the SE but we've had about 1cm, and plenty more to come from the looks of things :pardon:

SK

Posted

Guys

Pop into the S.E. & London thread.

Nick F - top forecaster on NW - says prediction of precipitation not moving much in next few hours - we could be in for a better pasting than first thoughtyahoo.gif

yes....in that case snow all day tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!

Just rain here now.Very wet on the ground.

same here, been sleeting on and off here for the last couple of hours, but not doing alot at the moment

Posted

They must have found themselves a drift, unless it received an absolute pasting after dark, as the traffic was moving up til then, albeit very slowly.