Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well, despite it having snowed constantly in Winterbourne for about 6 hrs, the top-up is only I'd say 2cm.

Very welcome but not sure its gonna get me out of work tomorrow - still - I'll wait and see.

We need that new gap filling quickly too. Its been good at doing that for Bristol tonight laugh.gif

Blimey id have thought u up in glouc would do better than us down here.We got 3 or 4 inches easily started at 5pm and after a tricky 3 mile mountain bike ride hope in the freezing cold there has been no let up.Im glad everyone seems to be getting something though.I think it ll keep snowing till 10 or 11am tomoz.By then should be pretty damn deep.Didnt think we d get all this and its bound to be chaos come time to go work later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Snow remaining very light here, and not settling at all- the ground is far too wet fom the rain earlier. Temp still 0.0C.

Posted

cheers Brian,

you always bring me luck with your prediction's good.gif

lol@BB.

he's now panicking

Dogs, i just wanna see more snow!biggrin.gif

I walk to work, so it's never an issue for me, but early Thurs i have to go to London on the train for research focus groups, so hope it settles down by then - i know it will!biggrin.gif

still not as good as '79, '81 or '87 thoughlaugh.gif

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

It's really picked up over the past 20 minutes. Snow chucking down.. and settling!

Well at last - I concur.

Starting to collect on car roofs and looking more like snow than a sleety affair. PPN definately beefing up to the SW. Fingers crossed.

Posted

Snow remaining very light here, and not settling at all- the ground is far too wet fom the rain earlier. Temp still 0.0C.

Cant work out why u had barely any mate and we have had loads.What height is Bath above sea level anyways

Posted

It is certainly settling here

Posted

Dogs, i just wanna see more snow!biggrin.gif

I walk to work, so it's never an issue for me, but early Thurs i have to go to London for research focus groups on the train, so hope it settles down by then - i know it will!biggrin.gif

I reckon its going to be more than predicted for some low lying areas

consistent snow for hrs and hrs..with some heavier pulses in the night

edit.no not a 80's YET ...but Feb thats a different story..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted

This is turning into a pretty decent winter - it's only 12th Jan!!clap.gif

Hard to believe isn't it. Only the other day I said to my family how it feels like the end of Feb!

Great to see the reports although I wish it would hurry up my way. At this rate it won't be until 6pm tomorrow night and all that will be left is a 5min flurry. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

It is certainly settling here

Do you know what your temp is? Despite it seeming like proper snow now (instead of sleet), my 7 day covering has dissapeared and everything is just very wet.

Posted

thats lovely out there,going out with video.. :yahoo:

settling on the trees and bushes.

going to check the main roads

Main roads probly covered to Dogs. If the gritting team in Chelt are anything like they are in Glos, then they should be white lol :yahoo:

Slamming down here, this is a real good event me thinks.

Posted

Main roads probly covered to Dogs. If the gritting team in Chelt are anything like they are in Glos, then they should be white lol :drinks:

lol

an excuse to go out with the video camera..

:drinks:

Posted

Hard to believe isn't it. Only the other day I said to my family how it feels like the end of Feb!

Great to see the reports although I wish it would hurry up my way. At this rate it won't be until 6pm tomorrow night and all that will be left is a 5min flurry. laugh.gif

TEITS - great to see you pop in here - the friendliest regional thread!biggrin.gif

It's turning into a decent winter - snow been persistent here, but not really heavy enough to give a brill top up, but i have no elevation where i am, near M4/M5 interchange if you know it.

In terms of comparison to 78/79, 81, 87 and others in that period - we still haven't had a fierce blizzard - i know i keep going on about those storms, but they were legendary! Snowfall last tues night/wed morn was great quality dry stuff that's still here today. Tonights snow not such good qual, but welcome all the same.

We were lucky last Feb as well - why have we suddenly become the lucky area! LOL laugh.gif

Posted

Must say this has exceeded my expectations (although they were not that high), its been snowing here since just before 5! (north Bristol) With some heavy snow at times.

Our road on a slight hill is becoming a no go zone! Cars are getting stuck and are having to reverse back down!

What a winter this is turning into, and I see the Siberian high is raising his head in model land, interesting times!

Posted

Do you know what your temp is? Despite it seeming like proper snow now (instead of sleet), my 7 day covering has dissapeared and everything is just very wet.

No idea, SS. Like you, quite a bit of last weeks' had thawed especially of roofs etc. but had remained largely intact on the lawns where it hadn't been disturbed.

Posted

Must say this has exceeded my expectations (although they were not that high), its been snowing here since just before 5! (north Bristol) With some heavy snow at times.

Our road on a slight hill is becoming a no go zone! Cars are getting stuck and are having to reverse back down!

What a winter this is turning into, and I see the Siberian high is raising his head in model land, interesting times!

Update your location Mr.P - be as specific as you want - it's good for all to see. Cheers biggrin.gif

Posted

Stupid question i know, but on the raintoday radar, is the yellow where the lightest snow is and the darker orange is the heavier bursts? :drinks:

Edited by lian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Been snowing here since about 5, still snowing moderately but flakes are smaller; how long will it last??

Just popped into back garden with the camera, as you can see, we've had a nice top up.

post-6280-12633396860028_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Fine precipitation here, can't tell if its snow or rain now or a mix! It seems quite fast though if that makes sense. Car opposite has a light covering of snow. Does anyoe know if it will get heavier and be snow?

Posted

Been snowing here since about 5, still snowing moderately but flakes are smaller; how long will it last??

Just popped into back garden with the camera, as you can see, we've had a nice top up.

Wow, thats a fair bit you have had there :drinks: