Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Somerset is really getting unlucky for the most part! I have just posted 12hr ppn totals and I am sure somerset was meant to get more than further north and east but look at that hole!

post-8911-12633364648628_thumb.png

how much you got mullender

Posted

Somerset is really getting unlucky for the most part! I have just posted 12hr ppn totals and I am sure somerset was meant to get more than further north and east but look at that hole!

What are the roads up there like Mullender?

Cheers

Posted

Having been out in it its very very dry snow aswell - the sort of stuff that hurts your eyes when it hits them!

From the looks of things itll be snowing most the night - certainly looking good for 5cms

SK

yea they said wet snow...its definitively not wet..

instant settling on cars and roof's..........was very surprised how well it's covered

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The Taunton area seemed to be in the precip 'shadow' of the Blackdown Hills, which were getting a lot of snow, leading to only rain with a bit of sleet here until about an hour or so ago when it turned to fine snow

Posted

Just got in, moderate snow here on and of for the last hour or so, thin covering everywhere.

according to bbc heavier snow will fall between 3am and 5am?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

I'm on the right hand edge of that lightest blue bit. Damn it!! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

instant settling on cars and roof's..........was very surprised how well it's covered areas

I think they meant wet vs powder... which this is definately not.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

OK, it had thawed here, but now it is snowing and settling-just rescued our beloved moggy .I'm very surprised I have to say.

Posted

instant settling on cars and roof's..........was very surprised how well it's covered areas

Sounds a bit anorakish, i know, but the snow has got 'drier' in the last hour; guess temps have fallen. Sorry, haven't got a proper thermometer like some on here!

Weathercoxy - lighter in size, but quite intense. Visibility pretty poor here - always a good sign!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Anyway, i'm off for the night...

Enjoy all, hope y'all get lots of fluffy snow! I'm just hoping mine is here in the morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

how much you got mullender

Around about 3 inches of fresh snow - that pic is out back however i did have grit down so some melted to start with. dry.gif I shall get some up of roads ect in morning.

post-8911-12633369400328_thumb.jpg

Posted

Around about 3 inches of fresh snow - that pic is out back however i did have grit down so some melted to start with. dry.gif I shall get some up of roads ect in morning.

nice,,,

matt or jay have the most so far I take it :lol:

Posted

snow still falling at the rate of 0.5 to 1cm an hour here - wonder how many more hours it will last? I have to try driving at 9:30am too!

At time it is intense but it doesn't really top up properly, at least here around whiteladies...! Maybe we need slightly colder...?

Posted

You lucky son of a gun!!!... Reminds me of the snow we had in Livigno (Italy) (skiing trip) last Feb (oddly enough, it was at the same time that the UK was getting a good thrashing by the snow!!)...

Please could you send it to BA14... First Class please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

lovely pic Mullender

Snowing quite heavily here now, surfaces that were clear starting to cover again

Good good temps must have fallen slightly. drunk.gif It looks like i may be stuck in the somerset void for quite some time now. rolleyes.gif

I was waiting for that area to fill back in but it just seems to intensify to the north now towards bristol area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

Same here JG my road was completely clear, .....not anymore it isn't.Musn't grumble .It looks beautiful really.

Posted

Good good temps must have fallen slightly. drunk.gif It looks like i may be stuck in the somerset void for quite some time now. rolleyes.gif

I was waiting for that area to fill back in but it just seems to intensify to the north now towards bristol area.

Is the hole filling back in