Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Snow in Yeovil, Finally:rolleyes:

Welcome. Though I would rather see the type of snow that everyone else is getting :drinks:

Good to see that the temp and DP are coming into line though, 0.7c and -0.7c, so now we should get proper snow :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Dogs, at least we're getting something though!

Having said that, it's not much. It's a very fine, blowy sort of snow. I wouldn't classify it as being wet or dry snow, because I can't tell - the flakes are too small. It has given a covering over the cars and areas which already have snowcover.

Posted

Good good temps must have fallen slightly. drunk.gif It looks like i may be stuck in the somerset void for quite some time now. rolleyes.gif

I was waiting for that area to fill back in but it just seems to intensify to the north now towards bristol area.

Yeah.

Still chucking it down here. I'm genuinely surprised.

Not sure if it will actually translate into many inches of new snow, but it's not even midnight and the last forecast i saw on the beeb, indicated snow until 6/7 in the morn!! And don't forget we have v.little elevation here.

This is turning into a pretty decent winter - it's only 12th Jan!!clap.gif

Posted

Having said that, it's not much. It's a very fine, blowy sort of snow. I wouldn't classify it as being wet or dry snow, because I can't tell - the flakes are too small. It has given a covering over the cars and areas which already have snowcover.

Long way to go yet though lol

Edited by lian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

You lucky son of a gun!!!... Reminds me of the snow we had in Livigno (Italy) (skiing trip) last Feb (oddly enough, it was at the same time that the UK was getting a good thrashing by the snow!!)...

Please could you send it to BA14... First Class please!

Haha I might just have to take a picture of the front now which wasnt gritted and is abit more exposed to the wind... whistling.gif

There is still time, I learned to drive in trowbridge a couple of years ago and my instructor used to hate driving all the way up here each lesson.

Posted

yea...true...I think it as stalled also.

Its that or now moving 1 mile an hr...Good thing is it's like a conveyor belt with continue pulses running up

from the South,

Posted

Bath and north east somerset very heavy snow since 5pm no let up in it.Still going as i type.Roads bad again despite grit being put down dunno why they bother tbh.Anway id say 3/4 inches.Going to be fun getting to work in the morning me thinks on me bike.Shame its gunna be milder after the next few days.But Anguin did say no thaw until Friday

Posted

It's hardly moved in hrs

Evening Pat, just been looking at the models mate, and it is indeed very slow moving. The snow risk

appears to be with your area until around tomorrow lunch time :unsure:

Enjoy!!!! :drinks:

Posted

Evening Pat, just been looking at the models mate, and it is indeed very slow moving. The snow risk

appears to be with your area until around tomorrow lunch time good.gif

Enjoy!!!! biggrin.gif

OMG!!

Do you include BTL/S.Glos in that prediction, by any chance??

Or are you alluding to Glos/Chelt area?

Posted

I think this is something really special this evening.I didnt expect as much snow as this.I think im one of the lucky places which is getting a pasting make no mistake.Interesting to read others comments been reading all evening

Posted

It's really picked up over the past 20 minutes. Snow chucking down.. and settling! Just uploading an HD lamp-post watch clip to Youtube now.

Posted

God i really need go bed but its hard not to stay up and keep watching the snow.Any chance it ll all melt before the morning.Hope not this might be last time we see snow this winter.Well maybe not just wish i could tell for certain either way

Posted

OMG!!

Do you include BTL/S.Glos in that prediction, by any chance??

Or are you alluding to Glos/Chelt area?

Perhaps a little earlier for you mate, but it will still be with you for some time :unsure:

Posted

appears to be with your area until around tomorrow lunch time :unsure:

Enjoy!!!! :D

cheers Brian,

you always bring me luck with your prediction's :drinks:

lol@BB.

he's now panicking

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well, despite it having snowed constantly in Winterbourne for about 6 hrs, the top-up is only I'd say 2cm.

Very welcome but not sure its gonna get me out of work tomorrow - still - I'll wait and see.

We need that new gap filling quickly too. Its been good at doing that for Bristol tonight laugh.gif

Posted

Perhaps a little earlier for you mate, but it will still be with you for some time biggrin.gif

Thanks Brian

Seems to tie in with Beeb N24 forecasts this eve. However, we've had more persistent snow than forecast

Posted

Haha I might just have to take a picture of the front now which wasnt gritted and is abit more exposed to the wind... :yahoo:

Cool!... I bet it looks pretty awesome, if the back garden shot is anything to go by!...

Anyway, gonna have a break from the radar now for a bit... Watching the first DVD of the new 24 boxset that the girlfriend got me for Xmas...

Hopefully next time I check the radar we'll have snowmageddon heading for us!! :yahoo:

Posted

Perhaps a little earlier for you mate, but it will still be with you for some time biggrin.gif

Errrrr? What Prediction??

Edit - Ah I see!

Edited by kumquat