Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

I'm now resisting the urge to look out of the window on the off chance that in a couple of hours, or in the morning, I'll see a winter wonderland again!

Posted

How much do you have up there now mate?

Sucks about the boiler... went out and got some electric heaters from B&Q for 8 quid lol... no oil tankers getting here, and a bargain!

I don't think anyone on this thread has critised? Indeed, its only ever good things from this thread, about everything, from rain, to snow, to cider and unfrozen meat...laugh.gif

With all due respect DM .... there is a lot of respect for Ian shown on this site. However many folk do not take good notice of Ian's posts. e.g. he was doubting the comments on this thread of the severity of this event days ago and many on this thread are dissapoited tonight because they didn't take note. There always was a lot of uncertantly about today's events due to the higher temps than last week.

When Ian was excited early last week - he was right and we all hailed him.

dl

Yea ok - my hands are up - not the sort of post folk like. I'll try and post some 'storm of the century on it's way, 1963 arrives again, won't be able to get to work for weeks' posts soon. Not belittleing the fun of these threads - love them. But take note of the experts guys and girls - they have more more information to hand than we do - and a lot more training.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

lol my backside off

thats a classic...

soon be ther Lynxus..snow ing heavy here

I mean wtf.. Someone has to be playing with me..

Am i dreaming?

Posted

OH COME ON!!

REALLY?

And you have had how much snow in the last 24 hours???!?!?!?

Posted

And you have had how much snow in the last 24 hours???!?!?!?

zero

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snowing in Bridgwater! Not as loved as I thought then. sad.gif

Are we back on then.... air_kiss.gifrolleyes.gif

Posted

Still heavy snow here in East Dorset!! - Looking at the NetW radar and postcode zoom for BH21 it looks as if its going to be hanging around for a while yet! it even looks as if its intensifying!

Posted

Light rain here. ( After mother nature decided it would be funny to completely build up around me. )

-G

Posted

Moderate/Heavy snow here in Clevedon, come one!

the radar graphic posted just now indicated some heavier pulses approaching again. Come to daddy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hi Matt

Well don't know about level snow because it's drifting but it is deep now, my 18 year old has just told me that the biggest drift he found was above his waist!

What's it like down there?

Jase

About a foot of lying snow, when I was out earlier the driftd were about 2 feet, and that was about 5 hours ago. So much the same I guess?

two years in a row now... must be another '1 in 20 year' event. :whistling:

Posted

zero

Deepest apologies.

From the last few days reports it has sounded like Gloucestershire has been pasted, everywhere. I feel your pain too :whistling:

Posted

Im realy surprised how well it;s settling,Instant settling on roof's and car's..

will go out soon and do some recording..now 18hrs of snow to come.. :whistling: well I can wish

Edited by dogs32

Posted

the radar graphic posted just now indicated some heavier pulses approaching again. Come to daddy!

I think I see them, I dare these petty weather systems to dump on us, that's if they're not scared.

*Do you think weather systems respond to taunting?

Posted

OK, now got moderate TINY ice bits falling, its settling also.

Posted

With the snow we are having I doubt I will be able to leave the house 'til I am a very old woman, like 35 or something and you won't want me then. sad.gif

Careful! Or Mullender's other half will be peeping over his shoulder, give him a slap and then come after you! LOL rofl.gif

Posted

Well we have just hit 20mm of sleet and rain today! :closedeyes: A heavier line seemed to get stuck over me and build as it hit the land, Shame it wasn't snow. Though That will be a lot of snow for the higher hills then. I have to say I was one that didn't see this happening much away from hills even when the Met Office/BBC seemed confident it would.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well i think there is along way to go tonight here looking at radar it looks like there is still a hell of a lot of ppn to move through. wacko.gif

Temps falling maybe more people will wake up to a covering than they think... drinks.gif

Posted

With all due respect DM .... there is a lot of respect for Ian shown on this site. However many folk do not take good notice of Ian's posts. e.g. he was doubting the comments on this thread of the severity of this event days ago and many on this thread are dissapoited tonight because they didn't take note. There always was a lot of uncertantly about today's events due to the higher temps than last week.

When Ian was excited early last week - he was right and we all hailed him.

dl

Yea ok - my hands are up - not the sort of post folk like. I'll try and post some 'storm of the century on it's way, 1963 arrives again, won't be able to get to work for weeks' posts soon. Not belittleing the fun of these threads - love them. But take note of the experts guys and girls - they have more more information to hand than we do - and a lot more training.

I have to agree, Ian did say that the snow wouldnt be major, i have been forecasting it as about 2-5cm all week, as i thought there would be more rain and sleet then snow, I do also think that people on mm have this spot on, also including people here aswell, you will all see a spell of snow but i wouldnt expect to wake up to a Winter wonderland, Ian is normally right like last week and his views should be listened too and taken...HB

Posted

Well i think there is along way to go tonight here looking at radar it looks like there is still a hell of a lot of ppn to move through. wacko.gif

Temps falling maybe more people will wake up to a covering than they think... drinks.gif

Lets hope so decent covering of snow here and still snowing heavy