Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Unlike with last Wednesdays very marginal snow event in central south west midlands when the Met Office were putting up weather advisories for snow some 3 days ahead of the event, we have not yet seen such advisories for Thursday night into Friday even though there are showing some snow risk in northern england and perhaps southern england.

If they still prog for snowfall tomorrow morning I fully would expect a weather advisory to put in place. Will be interesting to see if they put out an advisory for Sunday for widespread snow on account of the projected low pressure. Expect plenty of advisories tomorrow then if the models are still showing what they are this evening tomorrow morning.

Posted

with cold ramping raised eye brows and said, 'A proper Winter' :lol: :clap:

Yes - i almost feel like he knows we're watching!

Him and Francis Wilson have to be the best forecasters in cold spells. they love it!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Looks good to me for friday night!

Also, extremely windy here, gusts to 35ph at the moment.

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

wales is in for a heavy snowfall from this stalled trough!

post-11361-12646087628788_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well, in the short term we're looking at some relatively cold air with no ppn... And i know not to mention that 8th of feb event untill at least next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Well, in the short term we're looking at some relatively cold air with no ppn... And i know not to mention that 8th of feb event untill at least next week.

Oh gosh I need to get a flight on the 13th of Febuary from LHR to JFK, is it likely that what the models are showing at the moment that I will face distruption?

Posted

Oh gosh I need to get a flight on the 13th of Febuary from LHR to JFK, is it likely that what the models are showing at the moment that I will face distruption?

Its really far too early to say for several reasons:

1. The charts are highly inaccuratte at this range, take it with a lump of salt

2. Looking at them now thy would bring some precipitation, but they do generally downgrade

3. If it does pull off, it will start on the 8th according to GFS and may well have dumped all the snow it may dumpb by then

Dont forget that i dont for one second feel at all confident in this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I wonder if the Easterly event now predicted for the 8th February will be an event predicted for the 15th February in 7 days time?

Hopefully :) il be in the US by then so no flight distruption:)

Posted

Well its hit 9.C here today and the last bit of snow I had from my lad's snowman has gone, he will be upset.

Built on the 10th of Jan and there are some photo's in the public gallery.

Lets hope for some more over the weekend and in to next week.....................