Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

yahoo.gif I hope so - looking forward to lamppost watching and crying at radar images again drinks.gif

lol, yes i love the fustration of seeing snow on the radar 10 miles from you rolleyes.gif

temps here on the south coast around 7c. dont think we will see snow here on the south coast tonight, however the further north you are and the higher you are obvouisly the more chance, north downs might see a bit.

really excited about next week though if we dont get downgrades tonight on the models then i will be ringing my council to get my lamppost fixed in timegood.gif

Posted

Well I'm back nice and early but instead of my normal glee at the prospect of snow, I DON'T want any this coming weekend! I'm off on holiday on Saturday and don't fancy spending the first night or two sleeping in the airport! Will be keep a close eye and hope you all get an absolute dumping of snow on Saturday night (but not before) :oops:

Posted

Looking forward to the 18z :)

Posted

they look very nice, after the northerly some mild(er) temps then alot going for sub -5 again possibly another northerly reload or a nice easterly yahoo.gif

looking to tonight, the ppcn is coming into the south east and although it showing as snow of netwheather extra i think its rain. looking at http://uksnow.benmarsh.co.uk/ no one is reporting any snow.

hope mods dont mind me posting these

post-10842-12643651392728_thumb.png

post-10842-12643651653528_thumb.png

Posted

The Weather Outlook web site is forcasting..blizzards on Valentines day 14th of Feb. Anybody else forcasting ahead on here..a bold statement , but great if it comes off . ****

Posted

Anyone know where Steve M has been lately?

Would love to hear his opinions on what we can expect in the next couple of weeks. Have been reading the model thread but it all seems so up and down, and I'm far too inexperienced to understand most of it! :oops:

Posted

Yes same here ,i have been reading the model thread and like you really dont understand most of it ,but would really like to know what the weekend may bring ? as i am hearing its going to turn cold and just wondered if we are likely to see snow here in Brighton?cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

And same here lol! Although being on the coast I just expect rain so anything other than that is a fabulous surprise! From what I can gather it's mainly northern and eastern/south eastern coasts that may see the snow and possibly western coasts but nothing too significant. I've seen from the model thread that 'northerlys' like the one they're predicting don't bring much for us here in the far south apart from clear, dry and cold weather but I could be reading it wrong! (Never was much cop at science!) cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

And same here lol! Although being on the coast I just expect rain so anything other than that is a fabulous surprise! From what I can gather it's mainly northern and eastern/south eastern coasts that may see the snow and possibly western coasts but nothing too significant. I've seen from the model thread that 'northerlys' like the one they're predicting don't bring much for us here in the far south apart from clear, dry and cold weather but I could be reading it wrong! (Never was much cop at science!) cc_confused.gif

heres the snow risk and ppn type for the uk friday eveningcold.gif

post-11361-12644372166228_thumb.png

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

heres the snow risk and ppn type for the uk friday eveningcold.gif

Well if that comes off its looking good for me then ,was meant to be out on the town friday night,maybe i will have to rethink lolrolleyes.gif

Posted

I like those charts!

Just wondered if someone could explain the first chart though? I understand that on the second one the pink means snow, but with the first one, what do the reds/oranges/yellows etc mean?

Sorry if I'm being thick, new to all of this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

The first chart is the percentage chance of seeing snow.

I would treat those charts with extreme caution though, they are good for giving a brief overview but should not be used as a snow forecasting tool this far out.

Stick to the radar and lampost! drinks.gif

Posted

The first chart is the percentage chance of seeing snow.

I would treat those charts with extreme caution though, they are good for giving a brief overview but should not be used as a snow forecasting tool this far out.

Stick to the radar and lampost! drinks.gif

Thanks for the reply!

I love lampost wactching, I'm also very glad I signed up for another month of NW radar now :)

Posted

I like those charts!

Just wondered if someone could explain the first chart though? I understand that on the second one the pink means snow, but with the first one, what do the reds/oranges/yellows etc mean?

Sorry if I'm being thick, new to all of this!

Hi ,trust me you are not being thick,like you i understood the second chart but was not sure what the first one meant,but if i go by the second chart it looks good and could be in for more snow,but would like to go out on the town friday night loldrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Thanks for those charts - I've seen similar on the model thread but it was valid 29/1/10 12:00 which showed rain along the far south and west and someone described it as being a damp squib for us but as has been said; very far out at this stage and subject to change (fingers crossed though!)biggrin.gif

Posted

good evening everyone.

i am not sure what the rest of the month will bring. but its looking like it will still stay cool

here is the latest from the Met Office

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Becoming windier Wednesday with a little rain later, then clearer and colder overnight. Brighter Thursday and Friday with some sunshine but cold northerly winds bringing wintry showers to some parts.

Updated: 1553 on Mon 25 Jan 2010

UK Outlook for Saturday 30 Jan 2010 to Monday 8 Feb 2010:

Over this weekend occasional sleet or snow showers, heavy at times, are likely to affect eastern and northern parts but also some exposed western areas at times. It is expected to be cold or rather cold with widespread overnight frosts and a risk of icy patches. Elsewhere, there should be a good deal of drier and brighter conditions but rather windy for most. During next week the general trend is for a less cold period to develop with spells of rain, turning to sleet and snow over hills, mainly across northern areas. Drier and brighter in southern parts with a risk of overnight frosts. There is chance of drier and colder conditions developing towards the end of the period but confidence in this aspect is low.

Updated: 1130 on Mon 25 Jan 2010

Edited by MAF

Posted

Surprised to find the car windscreen had frozen over when I left work at 6pm tonight!

yes, it was cold coming into work tonight, and i am working in C London :( i expect a frost on the car when i get home in the morning

Posted

Anyone know where Steve M has been lately?

Would love to hear his opinions on what we can expect in the next couple of weeks. Have been reading the model thread but it all seems so up and down, and I'm far too inexperienced to understand most of it! :(

I saw a few of Steve Murr's posts on the TWO Forum the other day, but he did not post anything on Netweather. Don't know what has happened here.

Posted

Hope he hasn't deserted us :) I always look forward to reading his posts and opinions.

Something must have happened for him not to post on here. That's a big shame to be honest :)

Posted

Hope he hasn't deserted us sad.gif I always look forward to reading his posts and opinions.

Something must have happened for him not to post on here. That's a big shame to be honest sad.gif

i wouldn't fret too much. Steve is often around in TWO and then comes into NW. and vice versa. he also works nights and is not around much when he is in work :)

Posted

Check out the White Ensemble Line...WOW :):good::) :) :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

post-2721-12644645547928_thumb.png

Edited by yamkin