Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Excellent Steve, thanks. . . Well it's all turned to dog crap over night (only IMO), not that it was looking particularly great for my location anyway.

GFS still keeps the carrot dangling at T+216, bringing in an almighty beast from Russia, but end of this week is now merely looking like a bit of cold rain or sleet followed by a bone dry weekend thanks to a useless NW'ly flow, then just more cold and dry weather next week.

@Yamkin - where can I get one of your snow making machines from? I want the one with the 'instant blizzard' switch.

Cheers

Posted

Excellent Steve, thanks. . . Well it's all turned to dog crap over night (only IMO), not that it was looking particularly great for my location anyway.

GFS still keeps the carrot dangling at T+216, bringing in an almighty beast from Russia, but end of this week is now merely looking like a bit of cold rain or sleet followed by a bone dry weekend thanks to a useless NW'ly flow, then just more cold and dry weather next week.

@Yamkin - where can I get one of your snow making machines from? I want the one with the 'instant blizzard' switch.

Cheers

GFS 06Z is upgrading snow for the SE :clap: :clap: :cold: :cold: :yahoo: :yahoo:

post-2721-12645865515128_thumb.png

post-2721-12645866819828_thumb.png

post-2721-12645866888528_thumb.png

post-2721-12645866984028_thumb.png

post-2721-12645867088528_thumb.png

post-2721-12645867149928_thumb.png

Posted

Cheers

even IF the easterly goes wrong, this weekend we could still see some nice snowfalls. for example look at the latest GFS 06z

post-10842-12645868054828_thumb.png

post-10842-12645868228228_thumb.png

post-10842-12645868130828_thumb.png

However where the ppn is will change locations over the next few days. but im sure 24 hours out some charts will show some ppn for the south east rolleyes.gif

gotta keep watching

Yamkin beat me to it^^^drinks.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Yeah I agree, if the GFS 6z verifies we'd have a pretty good time of things Sunday to Tuesday.

The evolution looks like cack though and let's face it, Pete Tong has been creeping in to the picture more and more today - I almost destroyed my laptop when I saw the ECM this morning :clap: especially after the best run I'd ever seen from it yesterday.

Still, I'd bank those 3 days of snow that the GFS 6z is offering because I'm beginning to forget what snow looked like :lol:

Posted

Yeah I agree, if the GFS 6z verifies we'd have a pretty good time of things Sunday to Tuesday.

The evolution looks like cack though and let's face it, Pete Tong has been creeping in to the picture more and more today - I almost destroyed my laptop when I saw the ECM this morning :clap: especially after the best run I'd ever seen from it yesterday.

Still, I'd bank those 3 days of snow that the GFS 6z is offering because I'm beginning to forget what snow looked like :lol:

After viewing models for a few years, it is no surprise with the ECM 00Z. This I would class as an outlier, so all eyes down to the ECM 12Z.

Don't be surprised if we get snow on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

still looking like rain turning to snow for the se/s on friday as the very cold are digs down from the north on a cold.gifbiting nl'y wind, temp and dew points lowering progressively during the morning . smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

potential snowfall over se/east anglia on saturday night into sunday ,especially east anglia sunday early hrs ,

smile.gifcold.gif

post-11361-12646049691088_thumb.gif

post-11361-12646049845288_thumb.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Oh dear, Im in the blue bit...... guess that's rain for me then! sad.gif

looks like its gone now on the new runmellow.gif

after fridays - possible snow(just in case it changes!) then plenty of snow shrs running down east side of england mostly coastal but trough are likely to develop over wkend end so the potential is their for snowfalls inland tosmile.gifcold.gif we have all off feb to go and also march can bring snow to, just check your local weather archives .

post-11361-12646094056088_thumb.gif

post-11361-12646095541288_thumb.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

i hope joe b is right

Posted

yeah it does all seem to be going wrong with the charts today lol!

Yesterday we were looking at worse then 1947/1963 now its looking like it won't even happen!

gosh this weather hobby is enough to turn one to drink!:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Yesterday we were looking at worse then 1947/1963 now its looking like it won't even happen!

gosh this weather hobby is enough to turn one to drink!drinks.gif

a pint of melted snow for me please cray.gif

Posted

I love you Yamkin..... you are ALWAYS such a glass half full person!!

It seems to be all doom and gloom in the model thread at the moment so I'll take your forecasts any day :)

Love and kisses to you anita :wub: GFS model has really stuck to it's guns regarding snow for the SE on Friday afternoon.

The latter part of next week is very interesting as the GEFS Ensembles are going for Easterlies. GFS has been showing Easterlies in FI for a few days now. It is usually the trend setter and the other models follow suit. It will be very interesting to see the next few days ECM & UKMO model runs.

gosh this weather hobby is enough to turn one to drink!:shok:

GFS has been showing Easterlies in FI for a few days now. Steve Murr thinks the latest ECM run is wrong. GEFS Ensembles are simply amazing tonight. They are going for Easterlies in FI.

Posted

on the earlier run gfs is staying with snow for fridaydrinks.gif alto this depends on how quick the artic air is pulled in and if the front remains intact as that cold air moves down smile.gif the chart shows ppn turning to snow, but how long the ppn remains intact i dont know, it could linger if it does it needs to up towards 1800hrs.

whats the new run going to show? and is that easterly still on next wkwnd....

post-11361-12646919096888_thumb.gif

Posted

upgrade! same time new run yahoo.gif but dont think it be heavy enough to settle but at least more chance of seeing snow falling than rain .

post-11361-12646936234788_thumb.gif

post-11361-12646936702888_thumb.gif

Posted

some very cold nights coming up that being friday/saturday/sunday night temps could be low as -5 with hard frosts but some rural areas may see lower than this.cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifwidespread ice friday night

most likely to be less cold next week for a while only! and rain to .

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

upgrade! same time new run yahoo.gif but dont think it be heavy enough to settle but at least more chance of seeing snow falling than rain .

I agree nimbilus. I also believe the SE will see some snow later tomorrow afternoon :clap::cold::nonono:

Upper temps are cold enough for snow to fall.

post-2721-12647051644488_thumb.png

post-2721-12647051716588_thumb.png

post-2721-12647051822288_thumb.png

post-2721-12647051892488_thumb.png

PS......Get ready for the latter part of next week. Easterlies anyone? :yahoo::cold: :o :D

Edited by yamkin

Posted

So you reckon we could get some snow tomorrow then Yamkin? will it be enough to lay or do you think it wont amount to much? sorry i know its a lot to ask ,but i want more snow and lots of it lol .drinks.gif

Posted

So you reckon we could get some snow tomorrow then Yamkin? will it be enough to lay or do you think it wont amount to much? sorry i know its a lot to ask ,but i want more snow and lots of it lol .drinks.gif

At the moment, I do not think there will be much snow. Hit and miss for certain areas in the SE.