Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

smile.gifhi everyone!

mostly rain in esher , looks like the front has stalled across surrey.

be nice if it was snowing ,its a borderline situation , higher or and heavier , boxhill has snow laying ,we need heavier ppn to bring down the colder air for snow on lower levels but the front is weaker now nonono.gif

Posted

Champagne sale back on then - and the free sledges aswell.

This damn ECM will not come onboard, says no easterly next week now.

Unfortunately it's been trending that way the last few runs aswell.

GFS still looks good though but doesn't mean much when the UKMO and ECM stick there fingers up to the continent IMO.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Big flakes coming down now in centre of Tun Wells. 06z NAE has snow across SE and south central England to the south and west of London still at 6pm, but dying by midnight.

Think combination of snow being wet and ground temp above freezing not allowing settling today.

Oddly enough, I didn't see a single proper flake in either Tonbridge or Sevenoaks through the day. Just goes to show with such a localised event as this there can be relatively large distance over quite short distances, with various factors having influence.

Posted

Well this morning's model output is a pile of pish to put it mildly (literally)

No sign of any decent cold, bar a brief flirt at the start of next week.

Average, maybe even slightly above average temps and very little in the way of actual weather, unless the models turnaround again!

Roll on February for our last shot at another cold spell.

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted

Met Office still give SE area of UK a cold forecast

UK Outlook for Tuesday 26 Jan 2010 to Thursday 4 Feb 2010:

During the first week it looks like staying unsettled in northern and western areas with periods of rain, occasionally heavy, along with snow at times over the higher ground and with occasional gales. Central and eastern areas probably having a good deal of dry weather but with an ongoing risk of some wintry showers. Probably remaining cold in the south and east with easterly winds at times, temperatures nearer average in the north and west. At present there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the latter part of the period into February, but a continuation of rather unsettled weather is thought most likely with spells of rain, sleet or snow, and with a risk of strong to gale force winds at times across northern parts. Temperatures probably remaining below normal.

Updated: 1206 on Thu 21 Jan 2010

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Stevie Murr are you still alive? Where are you? :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Whose looking forward to snow showers, frost and sunshine the first part of next week!?clap.gifcold.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Whose looking forward to snow showers, frost and sunshine the first part of next week!?clap.gifcold.gif

That would suit me just fine! Fingers crossed. :)

Posted

Yes

After looking at the Main Big 3 Models I think it is about 90% safe to say we should start seeing Wintry & Snow Showers down here in the South East by Sunday Night and also Monday from the latest UKMO Fax Charts.

I have a feeling this thread is going to become very busy again in about 48 hours time :clap:

Paul S

Posted

I've got a new ski jacket, ski gloves and ski hat...fingers crossed I will get a chance to wear them, we've had snow pretty much once a week since before Christmas up untill this last wednesday.

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted

Yes

After looking at the Main Big 3 Models I think it is about 90% safe to say we should start seeing Wintry & Snow Showers down here in the South East by Sunday Night and also Monday from the latest UKMO Fax Charts.

I have a feeling this thread is going to become very busy again in about 48 hours time :(

Paul S

:drinks: I do hope so!!!!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Sunday chance of light rain at first across Kent, otherwise generally dry and cloudy. Monday and Tuesday will be cold, with mostly light snow showers, and a brisk easterly wind.

Updated: 0335 on Fri 22 Jan 2010

Posted

I have a feeling this thread is going to become very busy again in about 48 hours time :cold:

Paul S

Yeah I hope so too but is anyone fed up of waking up to either a train wreck ECM or GFS?

Each day recently we have had the UKMO stead-fast and generally bullish about an Easterly and a good cold spell for next week, but the ECM and GFS have never really trended in our favour consistently and it's been mostly one corker of a run followed by three piles of poop.

The GFS 6z is an utter disaster this morning IMO, horrid. Got to have either the GFS or the ECM following the UKMO by the end of today.

Come on beast, give us a big kiss :yahoo:

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

GFS is still being an a*** this afternoon.

This is so frustrating.

Stick your head out the window next week and see whats falling seems the best bet.

Will the evenings output, sort this mess out?... I doubt it.

:crazy:

Posted

GFS is still being an a*** this afternoon.

This is so frustrating.

:wallbash:

Yep more poop incoming. . . UKMO not as keen on next week now either so everyones banking on the ECM to be the 'get out of jail' model today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

bbc still going for a decent easterly next week.

Posted

It seems to me that now most models have backed away from the easterly we are backing the model that is now called the BBC lol! Latest data takes a while to feed into the main stream forecasts so dont be dissapointed if things change tommorow. What shocks me is why are they talking about Tues / Weds on TV broadcasts? If I was them I would stop at Sunday and keep Stum about next week for now!

Posted

i read the model thread all the time. but never post in it because i am no where near knowledgeable to do so. and also because i often think that most of the posters there think the models run the way the weather will be. ;) no wonder half of them are on a constant rollercoaster of "will it/wont it" emotions ;)

Posted

well as predicted by a few others the bbc have updated the forecast and although still cold. its looking set to be a dry week ahead for SE London

Posted

Not bad 'White Emsemble Line' http://www.wzkarten3.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png :) :) :) :) :D

well as predicted by a few others the bbc have updated the forecast and although still cold. its looking set to be a dry week ahead for SE London

GFS 06Z has snow for the SE on Monday & Saturday. We shall see.

post-2721-12643300168628_thumb.png

post-2721-12643300868428_thumb.png

Posted

Not bad 'White Emsemble Line' http://www.wzkarten3..._London_ens.png cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

GFS 06Z has snow for the SE on Monday & Saturday. We shall see.

post-2721-12643300168628_thumb.png

post-2721-12643300868428_thumb.png

Indeed. the beeb saying sleet in the south east tonight but think a few could wake up tomorrow to a wee covering of snow

post-10842-12643348006328_thumb.png

post-10842-12643348057628_thumb.png

post-10842-12643348106028_thumb.png

post-10842-12643348154728_thumb.png

also from next thursday to sunday we could see some more white stuff in the south east, especially the further east you are... hopefully this thread will become busier over the next few days.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

Temps here in Colchester currently stand @6c. Temps will have to drop but hopefully see some snow around midnight.

fingers crossed.cool.gif