Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Snowing in Benny Burgess Hill Chiono !!!! :unknw:

Pretty much large flaked wet snow here now MAF and Coast. Not sticking but fun to see the biggest flakes of the season as they are so wet.

Posted

Pretty much large flaked wet snow here now MAF and Coast. Not sticking but fun to see the biggest flakes of the season as they are so wet.

bet it looks nice falling. am keeping fingers crossed it may get into london. not convinced it will though :unknw:

Posted

how long is this expected to be in the South for Coast? i saw a forecast showing it around at 15:00 still :unknw:

I think it might clear before then TBH. I wasn't expecting it to be as ferocious as it is here and not at all along the coast (apparently nothing at home in Eastbourne). Ground is still too warm and wet for it to settle, but you're right it looks great - not on a par with the last few weeks, but still fun!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snowing in Benny Burgess Hill Chiono !!!! :unknw:

Right on the edge of the ppn here in Tun Wells, nowt falling yet, but looks impressive on the radar just to the SW :unknw:

post-1052-12639851611528_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

PPN seems to keep skirting the Southern and Western areas of London, wonder if it can make it any further North? :unknw:

Posted

Big flakes coming down now in centre of Tun Wells. 06z NAE has snow across SE and south central England to the south and west of London still at 6pm, but dying by midnight.

Think combination of snow being wet and ground temp above freezing not allowing settling today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Seems to be fizzling out already on the latest radar, and its virtually stopped moving North so I'm not expecting much now, pity because the PPN is probably only 5-10 miles away now to my South.

Posted

Been snowing light to moderate occasionaly heavy for over an hour and a half and only settling on grass and car roofs to about a depth of thick wet dusting so far.

Posted

At work in Sydenham, and wondering about prospects of snow in this area later in terms of getting back to Gravesend... In other words, will I have an excuse for leaving early??!! :rofl:

Posted

At work in Sydenham, and wondering about prospects of snow in this area later in terms of getting back to Gravesend... In other words, will I have an excuse for leaving early??!! :rofl:

Should think you'll be ok. Rain, sleet and snow is slowly fizzling out this afternoon and even over high ground it's not settling on roads and pavements, ground temp just not cold enough today.

Posted

Should think you'll be ok. Rain, sleet and snow is slowly fizzling out this afternoon and even over high ground it's not settling on roads and pavements, ground temp just not cold enough today.

As expected, it's been a rather poor show today for most. Not complaining after the last few weeks, though!

Posted

Always worth a try, but you'll have to get someone else to blag the conditions because I don't think anything has laid in the SE today :)

Posted

Always worth a try, but you'll have to get someone else to blag the conditions because I don't think anything has laid in the SE today doh.gif

well no good asking me to blag as i haven't laid in the SE for ages :rofl:

just checking around the area via the CCTV's and looks like i wont have any trouble getting home tonight. had hopes of a dusting at least in SE London. ho hum...

Posted

Always worth a try, but you'll have to get someone else to blag the conditions because I don't think anything has laid in the SE today :)

Thanks all, as I thought, but worth a shot after a late night out and looking for an excuse! :rofl: My colleague in Tunbridge Wells is working from home today because of the threat of snow, but I couldn't get away with that. We now have light drizzle and very grey skies and just not cold enough.

We are probably on the highest point of the south chilterns hills in Woodcote.It has been snowing since early morning and covering all surfaces including roads.

We had to meet our accountants in Weybridge for 10 and had the transition from our snow to rain in Weybridge, passing thru sleet in Reading. On the journey back it was rain, sleet, back to our snow and its still snowing with at least 5 cms lying. I thought I would report in as there don't seem to be many peeps from this neck of the woods and we are right underneath the stalled front.

Posted

My colleague in Tunbridge Wells is working from home today because of the threat of snow, but I couldn't get away with that.

I'm surprised anyone can today!! Fair play to them for that, gold star for skivology in the face of adversity! :rofl:

Posted

so the forecast is still looking cold. not convinced winter is finished by a way yet. and lets not forget how February '09 started (OK i dont think it will do the same this year, but we can dream can't we?)

UK Outlook for Monday 25 Jan 2010 to Wednesday 3 Feb 2010:

The first week is likely to be rather cloudy for many parts,

with showers. The showers will be wintry in parts of the east and over high

ground elsewhere with outbreaks of rain more likely over western areas.

Temperatures are expected to be below normal, and perhaps cold in some eastern

areas, with overnight frosts likely and an associated risk of ice in places. At

present there is a lot of uncertainty regarding the latter part of the period

into February, but a continuation of rather unsettled weather is thought most

likely with spells of rain, sleet or snow, and with a risk of strong to gale

force winds at times across western parts. Temperatures probably remaining below

normal.

Updated: 1218 on Wed 20 Jan 2010