Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sugar dusting left already. :aggressive:

Posted

Ahh, it feels like winter over here. Tucked in a warm house against the bitter cold of outside and light snow falling on the ground. :aggressive:

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ahh, it ust feels like winter over here. Tucked in a warm house against the bitter cold of outside and light snow falling on the ground. :aggressive:

Its great isnt it. Should be a good day tomorrow for us aswell regarding snow showers. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, looking at the new beta V5 NW radar, I'm just about to have a quite heavy snow shower....luvly jubly! :drinks:

Posted

There is a very nice steady stream of moderate snow showers heading this way as long as they retain most of the intensity. :drinks:

Posted

The snow shield is broken :cold:

Just has a shockingly heavy snow shower here, visibility dropped to around 200-300 meters with massive flakes and it really pelted it down, still going now though easing off a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I'm still wating for the snow shield here to break, but I get a slight uncomfortable feeling that the triangular shaped blob (snow shower) may just miss me about 5 - 10 miles to the North.

Still, it is great to hear that some peoples' snow shield have been drastically weakened. cool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Light snow here at the moment.

Posted

Yes, the shows are getting going now. Hopefully they won't break up at Stourbridge like the first one did.

Im sorry about that. :)

Posted

Wow, really quite heavy snow here now! Only a rogue shower, but it is still leaving a dusting :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow, really quite heavy snow here now! Only a rogue shower, but it is still leaving a dusting :D

indeed, everything white here...nice, very pretty, aaaand, the snowfall is quite heavy :)

bodes well for tomorrow morning

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

It appears that this'll be one of those times where one place gets a covering whereas the neighbour a few miles down the road gets very little.

I bet Stourbridge will get alot and not me just to the east... :)

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Well this is lasting longer than I expected! Still coming down heavily with big flakes, everywhere is white now :)

These have to be some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen, absolutely huge! Getting quite a decent covering for a rogue shower, more of the same tomorrow please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well this is lasting longer than I expected! Still coming down heavily with big flakes, everywhere is white now :lol:

These have to be some of the biggest flakes I have ever seen, absolutely huge! Getting quite a decent covering for a rogue shower, more of the same tomorrow please!

Fantastic, you're in a good position, could see a fair few showers I think.

Clear skies here, it's cold and frosty!

Posted

Snow shower again here. :)

Quite large flakes here and falling steadily. :lol:

Posted

Hopefully I can steal a bit of it! :lol:

EDIT: Looks like our theives are at work. Making a patchy white effect on the roads.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Hopefully I can steal a bit of it! :lol:

We must have been right on the edge of it. Infact the radar says i should of had nothing! Still snowing lightly here and its left the perfect definition of a dusting. :)

If the NMM is to be believed then showers maybe quite organised between about 10am-2pm tomorrow. Mainly light to moderate but as tonight has shown so far, some heavy too. :)

Posted

There's a beefy shower near chester..If it follows the same track as earlier showers, then should get an additional dusting from it in the next hour or so

Posted

Hmm, maybe there's a chance of it going between and striking me dead on. :lol:

Either way, it'll take an hour or two before it gets here. So even if it does make it, I probably won't. :)

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Light snow showers around 2200-2300; left a dusting on all surfaces including where it melted in the sun this afternoon. Still had full cover at 9am Saturday so another snow-lying day; if Sunday manages it (which looks likely at the moment) that'll be 15 for this month, 16 for the winter- only 5 more needed to match 95/6.

Posted

Seems to be going mostly to the North, Stafford/Stoke. Going WSW instead of SW.Need to wind to swing more round to the north,

Stafford looks to be doing well though