Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well certainly better than expected, im satisfied, had around 1 inch of snow from the cheshire gap, everything white -1.1C, hopefully more to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Nothing made it as far inland as here but it sounds like some areas got some nice coverings :D

Posted

Nothing made it as far inland as here but it sounds like some areas got some nice coverings :D

snowing again lightly, but most going east, Derbyshire way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No new showers overnight but looking at the radar that should change soon. :D

Unfortunately the GFS has backtracked big time and the Beasterly has pretty much no chance now. It looks like its going to be full steam ahead in the Atlantic with one low pressure after another. The only plus side is that at least it will feel more pleasant when the sun is out. :) Im sure there will be chances for more cold later on towards the end of February or March. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

well certainly better than expected, im satisfied, had around 1 inch of snow from the cheshire gap, everything white -1.1C, hopefully more to come

Wow, an inch? I have got just under a cm I think. Snowing again now though with a moderate shower which seems to be clearing already.

Posted

No new showers overnight but looking at the radar that should change soon. :)

Unfortunately the GFS has backtracked big time and the Beasterly has pretty much no chance now. It looks like its going to be full steam ahead in the Atlantic with one low pressure after another. The only plus side is that at least it will feel more pleasant when the sun is out. :) Im sure there will be chances for more cold later on towards the end of February or March. :)

easterly was never on, all 3 models never agreed and on gfs was always in FI, the 200s, just hope the sun is out, im not certain, all rain and dry nights,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

easterly was never on, all 3 models never agreed and on gfs was always in FI, the 200s, just hope the sun is out, im not certain, all rain and dry nights,

Tbh i wouldnt mind it feeling milder though its going to be very boring now with just some rain (which isnt that heavy for us by the time we get it) and a breeze. Its never windy here either!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

The dreadful winter for Notts and Derbys continues I'm afraid.

Not a flake of snow last night, and now the blowtorch looks to be moving in for at least the next 2 weeks.

This has been the most frustrating winter I can remember tbh, to be so close to decent snowfall yet also so far.

Posted

Just under a centimeter of snow here with just over a cm in areas exposed to the North Westerly wind and it's been snowing on and off since i got up half an hour ago :D

Real nice picturesque seens and it look lovely in the sunshine later.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Just under a centimeter of snow here with just over a cm in areas exposed to the North Westerly wind and it's been snowing on and off since i got up half an hour ago :D

Real nice picturesque seens and it look lovely in the sunshine later.

Nice one, enjoy it mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Had a few snow showers through the night and this morning leaving a sugar coating.

Edited by Potent Gust

Posted

A Blizzard of tiny flakes here right now! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

The dreadful winter for Notts and Derbys continues I'm afraid.

Not a flake of snow last night, and now the blowtorch looks to be moving in for at least the next 2 weeks.

This has been the most frustrating winter I can remember tbh, to be so close to decent snowfall yet also so far.

Just a quick scroll though the midlands discussion b4 I go for a walk with my dog, and gotta love this post- clap.gif

THE NOTTS/DERBY WINTER OF UTTER FRUSTRATION CONTINUES.... was at least looking forwad to maybe a chance of snow by midweek in the models, but now it looks to be blow torch again +sigh+... still waiting for more than 1.75" of snow for this winte,r and am frightfully scared its just going to be wrist slitting the rest of the season...

sorry for the moan, but had to be said cool.gif

Posted

I dont think the wind direction is in our favour anymore.

Posted

Hmm, probably make it better for me, there seemed to be a line where there was no showers at all (which if there were would have hit me)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A moderate grauple shower here at the mo....Temps are steadily on the rise now, so I would imagine that further showers for my area today will be probably rain/grauple/snow mix as opposed to snow

Posted

Looks like the Cheshire Gap type set up has woken up from its midday nap with some showers feeding in and some developing out at sea. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Fair few showers ready to move down here now. :)