Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

Hi everyone hope someone in your region can help me. My daughter (just recently passed her driving test) is currently on M6 encountering heavy snow heading south near stafford services, utimate destination Eastbourne. Not knowing what the weather is like up there and if it is getting better/worse would greatly appreciate a bit of guidance if I should advise her to stop awhile or best to continue to drive out of the snow showers. Much appreciated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hi everyone hope someone in your region can help me. My daughter (just recently passed her driving test) is currently on M6 encountering heavy snow heading south near stafford services, utimate destination Eastbourne. Not knowing what the weather is like up there and if it is getting better/worse would greatly appreciate a bit of guidance if I should advise her to stop awhile or best to continue to drive out of the snow showers. Much appreciated

Hi there, the snow is only in the form of showers which are passing throught at a steady rate. If its bad enough it might be good to wait a little while but on the other hand i cant see the snow sticking on the road and any sticking will melt quickly i would of thought at this time today.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

Hi there, the snow is only in the form of showers which are passing throught at a steady rate. If its bad enough it might be good to wait a little while but on the other hand i cant see the snow sticking on the road and any sticking will melt quickly i would of thought at this time today.

Many thanks I shall let her know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just had a brief but very intense spell of snow, was nice while it lasted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers have dodged us this afternoon.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just when I thought that the wintry shower to the North West would have broken up completely (around 50 minutes ago), there was just about enough life in it to give me a minute of some light - moderate wet snow.

That has given me a grand total of two small snow showers that I have had all day. cool.gif

Posted

I may actually manage to get a white covering here... this first shower has made mostly everything white and there's another one which (at current track) would strike me staright on.

Posted

Heavy snow here. All white again. :)

Posted

Stopped now but some 0.5cm on the ground. Great! :)

Posted

Quite a nice covering here now too. Still going. I'd say it was just shy of a cm.

It's been a nice winter. :)

Still, there may be more...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

we caught the very edge of a shower to get the tiniest sprinkling you have ever seen!

Posted

Most of last nights 0.5cm melted during the day but had a snow shower earlier this evening which gave a dusting so its all white again :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

my snow was good but time of year against us now, my snow has virtually all thawed with a high of 5.1C, no mild air arrived, had a few heavy snow showers this afternoon, 31 Jan now a bit late for daytime very low temps

id say a typical spring northerly, very much like 6th April 2008

few pics of todays snow

post-6661-12649705173788_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12649705990088_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12649707152088_thumb.jpg

post-6661-12649709222288_thumb.jpg

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

my snow was good but time of year against us now, my snow has virtually all thawed with a high of 5.1C, no mild air arrived, had a few heavy snow showers this afternoon, 31 Jan now a bit late for daytime very low temps

id say a typical spring northerly, very much like 6th April 2008

few pics of todays snow

there may be a lot of things against us but time of year is not one of them!

Posted

Meto Invent maps continue to suggest some streamer of some sort setting up for us tonight with some heavy ppn possible for a time.

NMM model also suggest something and the NAE to an extent aswell as the BBC.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

The odd shower has begun developing to our NW once again.

Posted

Cheshire Gap kicking in nicely again now. :nonono:

Posted

This morning's snow was good while it lasted; however like yesterday it was remarkable how it vanished once it stopped and the sun broke through. Really March-like; only snow left is in the shade. Even got warm enough to make this afternoon's light shower wet and sleety- guess it's warmer uppers compared to early Jan that are causing this quick melting?

Jan 15 days of lying snow @ 0900; most for any month since before 1988 which is impressive despite all the frustrations the month brought.

Posted

You need a good snowcover for no thaw just a covering of fresh snow won`t do it wasn`t exactly warm here at 1.8c and the snow thawed as it was sunny and mostly cloudy still snow in the shade this NW-ly has been potent.

Just had a driving what some would call a blizzard not me though(a whiteout though) very heavy snow indeed back to a covering now. :clap:

Upper air temps will be creeping higher from now on as the wind turns more west by monday.

last cold crisp day sadly for awhile.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Yes, it looks like a few more may creep down through the night. :doh:

But then that's all folks!

EDIT:

Those showers are lining up perfectly to strike us in Halesowen and Stourbridge. I may see another few cms at this rate...!

EDIT ONCE MORE:

And... it's snowing again.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Its gone all white outside again!.....Just caught the edge of a heavy snow shower currently making its way down to Wolverhampton....More heavy showers in a streamer to the northwest....Probably sliding down just to my west over the next hour, looks good for Telford though and may even give an inch or two (bright echoes on the radar)