Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I knew they would put out an advisory - laughable really - although there is the possibility of some snow showers for Shrops running into the West Midlands county and probably Worcs/Hereford.

Might be helpful referring to the modified NAE fields compared to the raw output - these offer sufficient reasoning behind the UKMO advisory. I should stress ice risk is really the broader issue, as opposed to snow accumulations per se (albeit mention of snow tends to draw rather myopic attention / hyperventilation, rather than the ice!)

See a grab of latest modified NAE fields at http://bbc.co.uk/ianfergusson

Cheers

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Might be helpful referring to the modified NAE fields compared to the raw output - these offer sufficient reasoning behind the UKMO advisory. I should stress ice risk is really the broader issue, as opposed to snow accumulations per se (albeit mention of snow tends to draw rather myopic attention / hyperventilation, rather than the ice!)

See a grab of latest modified NAE fields at http://bbc.co.uk/ianfergusson

Cheers

Ian

Ooo hello Ian, i regularly read your blog, fantastic they are too. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I reckon a possibility early tomorrow of a few snow showers, the most unbelievable thing is for wednesday 6°C and heavy snow! I have no excitement at all for wednesday, dreading it infact for all the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

So will it be a Snowday tommorrow, or a Sunday tommorrow?

One thing for sure is that the snow shield my loose its power next morning with those string of mighty snow showers cracking it in places.

Netweather, BBC and The Met Office sure seem positive about the weakening of the snow barrier tommorrow.

I suppose what we need, though, is for one snow shower to first weaken the shield, and then another wintry shower to make gaps in it. Unless the snow barrier is so strong that it would need four snow showers to break it.

Should you really be unlucky and have a super super thick snow shield around you, then I guess the snow showers will have to retreat and come back another day bringing along it's beastly brothers/sisters.

Where do I think the snow shield is likely to break? - anywhere really, especially Leceistershire and to the west side of the Midlands. biggrin.gif

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers begining to develop to the NW now out in the Irish sea. :crazy:

Posted

Fully prepared for a night of snow showers dodging 10 miles west then 10 miles east as it's been the case all winter so far though id like to be proven wrong.

Posted

Fully prepared for a night of snow showers dodging 10 miles west then 10 miles east as it's been the case all winter so far though id like to be proven wrong.

You wont help yourself if your going to be pessimistic!

Main chance of snow showers for us will be between about 6am-3pm tomorrow With a peak around 10-1pm i would say.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

You wont help yourself if your going to be pessimistic!

Main chance of snow showers for us will be between about 6am-3pm tomorrow With a peak around 10-1pm i would say.

yeah but seems to be mainly southern areas of the west midlands, I cant believe the models, mild february coming up just hope its dry

Posted

Oh dear everyone is going nuts over one or two mild runs from the ECM and UKMO.

There is so much potential that could easily come our way. Tbh the over reaction by so many people is getting on my nerves and is pointless. We have had a great January. If February is a bit pants then im not worrying becuse not only March/April can hold some snow potential, the prospects of spring and summer are not too far away. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Snow shower possibilties tonight for Western and Southern Shrops and perhaps parts of the Wst Mids county and Worcs.

Much of the region could see some snow showers except for perhaps the eastern most parts of the region so Eastern Staffordshire and Warwickshire.

Posted

Here is my view on things for tomorrow:

post-6797-12648820417288_thumb.png

Shouldnt be too far of the mark i hope.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

And the snow dome (aka lets slide everything good 5 miles west and east) has powered up for it's night shift.

post-2546-12648847319788_thumb.jpg

2050: Radar update shows the gap very clearly now heading here, now looks like we won't even get clipped by that shower to the west :)

Edited by conor123

Posted

Here is my view on things for tomorrow:

post-6797-12648820417288_thumb.png

Shouldnt be too far of the mark i hope.

Damn too far off this mark though!

Posted

Damn too far off this mark though!

As with the nature of showers, any snow depths even though small will vary widely. Showers are developing nicely along the North Wales Coast aswell as around the Coast near Cheshire/Liverpool way.

Posted

Looks like the 1st shower will already be hitting here shortly. :)

Posted

Managed to get clipped by that snow shower in the end though 5 minutes down the road got nothing :drinks:

Temperature back around freezing now after falling to -2.8c earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Those snow showers do seem to be reaching some of the most western areas already - just hope they have enough power to reach here. In one piece (before starting to break up into microscopic blobs).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

snowing here!!!!!!get in!!!!!!!!!

no snow here kidsgrove

Posted

Clouds moving in ahead of the first snow shower here. :drinks:

Posted

Clouds here in Northants, does not mean it will snow.

:drinks: But there are showers heading in this way with a shower just to our NW. Of course clouds dont always mean snow...lol.

Posted

clouds to my NW but may miss, hear snow from stoke way

18Z temporary relief sticks to 12Z gfs outcome, but must not be disappointed when the 00Z shows raging SW'LYs along with ecm and ukmo