Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted

I am LITERALLY going to scream......wallbash.gif

:lol: ...I KNOW THE FEELING

tomorrow is my last day waiting for UK storm :)

2ys of virtualy nothing here

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Whats all this talk of storms?? could someone explain it to me? it's been a while since i saw one lol!! every time there is a storm in telford im either at work or on hol and miss the biggest storm to hit in years lol!!:) :lol: :db:

Posted

Whats all this talk of storms?? could someone explain it to me? it's been a while since i saw one lol!! every time there is a storm in telford im either at work or on hol and miss the biggest storm to hit in years lol!!:) :lol: :db:

they reckon they are re-naming english storms to Thundery showers :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

It's not fair:( was really hoping something would happen today and nothing did,:db: :lol: I don't think I will ever see another storm again. I give up. :)

Posted

think its time for me to start saving for america, its so crap here cant believe how little we see !!

Posted

Hello.

Within 20 mins the patio has dried up again from light drizzle! Nothing to note apart from some unstable cloud on and off midday onward. A few months ago i heard one rumble of thunder and saw 2/3 flashes of lightning, during the early hours. Prior to that i cant remember the last storm that passed here. Can i join the club?

All is not lost - I attach some hope, two images, tomorrow 18z and Thursday 18z gfs:

Image(s) used from:

http://www.wetter3.de

post-3585-010781500 1279654213_thumb.gif

post-3585-090224400 1279654226_thumb.gif

Edited by LeeKay

Posted

Cheltenham, 'The land of no storms' .

It's so frustrating watching the radar when it all seems so close!! and then it decides to head off either around us.. :wallbash: Why oh why!! :cray:

What happened to the good ol days, when we had frequent and decent storms!:lol: :(

I'm moving up North where the action always is. :(

Come on Members!! shout , scream cry all you want this is what we're here for !!:good:

Hello.

Within 20 mins the patio has dried up again from light drizzle! Nothing to note apart from some unstable cloud on and off midday onward. A few months ago i heard one rumble of thunder and saw 2/3 flashes of lightning, during the early hours. Prior to that i cant remember the last storm that passed here. Can i join the club?

All is not lost - I attach some hope, two images, tomorrow 18z and Thursday 18z gfs:

Image(s) used from:

http://www.wetter3.de

Course you can join LeeKay :)

I'm not even going to look forward to tomorrow even though the charts look good lol

Posted

Whats all this talk of storms?? could someone explain it to me? it's been a while since i saw one lol!! every time there is a storm in telford im either at work or on hol and miss the biggest storm to hit in years lol!!:wallbash::cray::(

A storm by definition : Dark skies, heavy rain, mebbe hail, thunder and lightning. I've forgotten what one looks like too. dry.gif

Nice looking sky out there though if you live in Solihull, although borderline on threatening.. Bring it on!!!

Phil. (Waiting, anticipating...)

Cheltenham, 'The land of no storms' .

It's so frustrating watching the radar when it all seems so close!! and then it decides to head off either around us.. :( Why oh why!! :)

What happened to the good ol days, when we had frequent and decent storms!:lol: :(

I'm moving up North where the action always is. :(

Come on Members!! shout , scream cry all you want this is what we're here for !!:good:

Course you can join LeeKay :)

I'm not even going to look forward to tomorrow even though the charts look good lol

And tea and biscuits provided my me!

Sit, drink, munch and scream.

Phil.

Posted

Thanks Jane & Phil.

To add (she laughed at me) my wife is up in N. Yorks, not far from Darlington visiting my in laws - she phoned me just now to say 'its been thundering' :lol:

Posted

Just a bit of rain today.. not even the interesting heavy stuff much of the SW/Wales has had.. just missing me by 5 miles most of the time. Dull with very low cloud all day and even fog this morning so I couldn't even see any interesting skies had there been any..

Just what has happened to our storms and that sometimes mentioned long lost thing, the Spanish plume?? :cc_confused:

Thursday looks quite interesting for here but I bet there will be nothing..

Phil - Just how much tea and biscuit supplies do you have as I may need to munch for quite a while to stop me from screaming.. :mellow:

Thanks Jane & Phil.

To add (she laughed at me) my wife is up in N. Yorks, not far from Darlington visiting my in laws - she phoned me just now to say 'its been thundering' :whistling:

Thats just typical.. I find it funny how the people that don't want the storms seem to get them while they always seem to avoid us storm lovers..:wallbash:<_<

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

A storm by definition : Dark skies, heavy rain, mebbe hail, thunder and lightning. I've forgotten what one looks like too. dry.gif

Nice looking sky out there though if you live in Solihull, although borderline on threatening.. Bring it on!!!

Phil. (Waiting, anticipating...)

Ah i remember now i think i have seen them on the tv ........... :cc_confused:

Posted

Another fail today, metoffice says no thundery showers tomorrow (they say just scattered showers) so this week's going to hell already, starting with today's fail.

Posted

think its time for me to start saving for america, its so crap here cant believe how little we see !!

best choice you make...

Just out of curosity if you dont mind Jane....

Cheltenham as had 3 flashes of lightning this year...

and 5 lightning bolts last year..

can ANYONE beat this :cc_confused:

Im being punished for the USA and Euro storm holidays

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Evening Jane

Yep i affraid that was me in the NSC last year, and im still in the club this year,

This is getting so frustrating,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

incredible! ITS A YR! but some on here 2YRS NO SHOW! couldnt do 2 id b of somewere across the channel. but an expert said in the storm chat an ex-hurricane could in august make change! Thats spanish plume style..

Anyway still hoping for an atmospheric disturbance to ignite the paper for tonight, and wednesday looks good for wales then moving southeastwards i think..then thursday for south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

I'm trying hard to see the benefits of lovely warm sunny days with no rain or storms lol :)

Good point.

The sunshine and dry weather is pleasant enough, like we had in June. It's this horrid unsettled dry weather which annoys me so much especially when we get yet more high humidity and no storms - again - and wake up the next day knowing any chance of a thunderstorm has gone and won't return. It's 1000x worse when others get the storms and several times over while we miss out so much when there has yet to be FIRST thunder event of the season here.

:lol:

Summer 2010 is a thoroughly frustrating season and I wish the sunny and dry conditions of June had continued into July with none of this S.W.ly crap. Winter 1991~1992 brought more pleasure than this poxy thunder-less summer and the fourth in a series of increasingly bad performing years for thunder.

:good:

In the meantime, I think I am going to have to try and exercise a lot of patience tomorrow at work, what with another horrid hot sticky night and poor quality sleep and then having to deal with more humdrum life without a thunderstorm. I think I will leave the telly off in the morning as Kirkwood's infuriating cheerful smile and banter saying all those storms have now moved away and it won't be a bad day and it will be dry in the S.E. for the rest of the week may result in a steel tipped work boot through the screen or window!

:D

Posted

I'm beginning to forget what rain looks like, let alone lightning.

We are over 100mm of rain below average since late February! This is ridiculous, the back garden is turning yellow yet as I type, there is some moderate rain falling 10 miles away in St Albans. Why not here???? Gaaahhhhh!!! Everyting this year seems to swerve North London, even those damned snow streamers last winter. :rolleyes:

Please deliver something this week weather gods, before the Azores High fires itself up again for another roasting. :D

Edited by Mikel Nimbus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Seems like yesterdays cold front was as I posted earlier in another thread similar to the setup about a month ago with a nnw/sse tilt to it and with a ridge to the south east all the energy pulsates up and down the front giving the West rediculous amounts of rain and us a bit further East "tiddlypip" Once the trough behind the cold front kicks the front up the ASS and it does move east theres no energy left despite a favourable enviroment for storm potential.! I got virtually no rain at all ,well 0.2mms , to be honest I was not looking for storms yesterday just some plain,old rain to water the garden and we did not even get that!

Anyway I hope we get some rain in the next few days, and as for storm potential, I will believe it when I see it and as the way things are going theres not gonna be much chance of that, but we can all live in hope. This Summer here like most recent Summers [excluding 2007],weatherwise has been extremely boring, and I have to say if conditions carry on like this , Im sorry folks but Im gonna say "ROLL ON AUTUMN!" :rolleyes:

Posted

We are over 100mm of rain below average since late February! This is ridiculous, the back garden is turning yellow yet as I type, there is some moderate rain falling 10 miles away in St Albans. Why not here???? Gaaahhhhh!!! Everyting this year seems to swerve North London, even those damned snow streamers last winter. :unknw:

Please deliver something this week weather gods, before the Azores High fires itself up again for another roasting. :wacko:

I'm glad there's someone else in the same Sahara Suck Zone as me. I think people were starting to think I was telling porkies about only recording 14mm of rain since may 1st (amateur rain guage)

The 6z doesn't look good at all to see any appreciable rain down here - look what happens to the Front that comes down from the North West on Thurs/Friday, it peps up just to the NW of the SE and then disintegrates as it hits our Weather Shields. Their is a faint chance of me picking up a decent shower on Friday morning from some low-level instability but the 6z has downgraded even those chances - on the whole it looks desperate to me.

For sure some records are going to be broken round here.

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

yep, excluding the snow in january, i have to say this year has really been a bore. everytime an unsettled spell crops up, it seems high pressure is on the way back. also, heat in the summer here doesnt really work for me, coupled with humidity levels and it is uncomfortable to do a lot of stuff, and it never seems to finish with a bang! so much better on the continent. here's hoping to some proper rainfall to make up the 100mm deficit or so that we have been facing this year. also, yesterday took the mick! intense rainfall 20 or 30 miles west of here, and here we get bits and pieces of light rain, about 2mm in total.

Edited by azores92

Posted

We are over 100mm of rain below average since late February! This is ridiculous, the back garden is turning yellow yet as I type, there is some moderate rain falling 10 miles away in St Albans. Why not here???? Gaaahhhhh!!! Everyting this year seems to swerve North London, even those damned snow streamers last winter. :wacko:

Please deliver something this week weather gods, before the Azores High fires itself up again for another roasting. :good:

Lol Mike I feel yer pain Mate!

Bet you did'nt think May 6th would be your last Storm in Kansas, it is desperate anywhere south of Leeds this year!

Question for the General Secretary of the NSC - Can I join seeing as I have not seen anything or heard any Uk Thunder since 14th Nov last year ?

Granted I did see 30 days of Storms in the USA But my Uk tally is woeful - Bring back 2009 back in those days we had Storms on the

6th June - 7th June - 14th June - 16th June - 28th June - 7th July - 15th July etc etc etc

Will await a reply to see if my backdoor membership is allowed :unknw::oops:

Posted

Lol Mike I feel yer pain Mate!

Bet you did'nt think May 6th would be your last Storm in Kansas, it is desperate anywhere south of Leeds this year!

Question for the General Secretary of the NSC - Can I join seeing as I have not seen anything or heard any Uk Thunder since 14th Nov last year ?

Granted I did see 30 days of Storms in the USA But my Uk tally is woeful - Bring back 2009 back in those days we had Storms on the

6th June - 7th June - 14th June - 16th June - 28th June - 7th July - 15th July etc etc etc

Will await a reply to see if my backdoor membership is allowed :unknw: :wacko:

Yes, come on in Paul. The back door is open lol. As you probably know the NSC applies to the UK only. I can't believe the lack of storms again even more so in the SE.

Posted

Just out of curosity if you dont mind Jane....

Cheltenham as had 3 flashes of lightning this year...

and 5 lightning bolts last year..

can ANYONE beat this :help:

Yes :pardon: !!

2009 = 4 rumbles of thunder heard (2 lots of 2 rumbles)

2010 = 1 rumble of thunder heard (last Friday eve)

Total = 5 rumbles and no lightning seen by my eyes (though 1 flash witnessed with bedroom blind shut last year!)

Posted

Paul, that 6th May storm was immense! One of Harry's pictures (I think) from that storm, has been framed and proudly mounted on my wall. Even if I don't see another storm this year, I'll still be satisfied from that one night haha.

Just some rain around here would be nice. Gulf Stream hate campaigner, how about founding the NRC (No Rain Club)? :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

for us in the se/ea its a good chance for thursday and late thursday and early friday for more se areas i think but im not an expert... :rofl:

Edited by nimbilus