Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Almost caught my first storm of the year today.

Was just nearing the end of a workout, when I heard some loud rumbles and thought today was finally going to end my personal storm drought. So I quickly finished the workout, had a 2 minute shower, got changed and bolted (excuse the pun!) out the door, all the while hearing plenty of thunder. I stumbled down the steps, around the corner onto a larger street so I could see the action only for it to seemingly stop just as my eyes cought the towring mass of grey clouds to my south east. I wandered down the street (dragging my girlfriend along) to get a good vantage point, thinking I would surely see something but I got nothing, zilch! Not a single flash!

So close :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Sorry, dude. I noticed that when I tried to crack your storm sheild yesterday, it appeared to have repaired itself almost instantly as I left to go and destroy another storm sheild, and this explains why the heavy thundery rain stopped when you and your girlfriend went out to view the storm.

I used Phil UK's lightsaber (pictured underneath) to slay the storm sheild, which I must admit, worked extremely well, but I think I will just have to buy (or invent) some additional ingredients that prevent storm/thunderstorm shields from growing back.

Still a start, though, but will just have to further improve my storm shield slaying abilities. :(

0109_00502_lightsaber.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!
post-12205-003575700 1279731362_thumb.jp :drinks: Lightning was detected in this shower but storm sheld made sure Telford was not having any of it :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Drat, I thought I already slayed your storm shield. Guess I must have vapourised the wrong one. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Sorry, dude. I noticed that when I tried to crack your storm sheild yesterday, it appeared to have repaired itself almost instantly as I left to go and destroy another storm sheild, and this explains why the heavy thundery rain stopped when you and your girlfriend went out to view the storm.

I appreciate your efforts! Seems as though these storm sheilds are developing impressively powerful regenerative abilities... can anything be done to finally put an end to these villainous monstrosities?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

If some of us dont hand our N0 STORMS club badges in today(thursday) or by saturday (i say that just in case friday does have something..SE prob!) Then it be a long time before we do...say HI to our friend called HIGH..0-: its looking like a dry high,so the south very warm then hot. altho GFS 06z(Wednesdays)did hint of some convection midlands and ea early nx wk ,light yrs away tho

Posted

I dont believe it! I've been having light rain on and off for the last hour and all of a sudden a distant rumble of thunder!!

Surely that doesn't count as a Storm?

Edit: Suns out and light rain has stopped - picked up only 3mm of rain from todays desperate effort and no way is this counting as a Storm.

Edited by Gulf Stream Hate Campaign Leader

Posted

No. If you've had at least half an hour of intense rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong winds then you can say you've had a storm. We had all that here last week, so I'm out the club, but still haven't bothered to change my sig yet (because it's funny, unless you don't have a sense of humor).

Edited by RichardR

Posted

Nothing what so ever here today.. heavy showers continuously drenching areas just to my west.. but any showers forming near here slowly move away due to the lows circulation and wind direction coming off the sea.. unless the low centre gets a shift on eastwards I doubt I'll even see a shower today..

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Right! that's it. No storms here this year and I am beginning to doubt whether I will ever see one again.

Please Jane Louise, may I join your club?

At the moment I would be grateful for drizzle even.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Still nothing. Usual story on the rain radar as all the showers pass to the north with no chances for the storm starved central southern S.E. to see anything. :wallbash:

There was a heavy shower at 1102~1115 with 3.4 mm rainfall, and my hope that there would be at least one clap of thunder was not realised, yet again. All we have had since is the usual cloud with sunny peirods as other areas get thundery showers.

There is one more chance - as this shallow low moves east and introduces a light N.W.ly or northerly then this region may benefit tomorrow before the next area of high pressure builds.

Let's hope this window of opportunity doesn't come in overnight when there is no surface heating unless it can hang around well into tomorrow, otherwise kent will benefit while we miss out again.

If this doesn't succeed then it's more tedious waiting and it will be well into August before the next opportunity arises. :D

Let's hope this new area of high pressure delivers proper sunshine and pleasant temperatures & humidity, and isn't going to sit over France with embedded fronts and more S.W.ly dross like the last few weeks. Please - no more stinking high humidity without storms.

Whether we are ending up with a 'good summer' like 1976, 1983, 1984,1989, 1990, 1995, 2003 or 2006 (only 1990 was really disappointing for thunder) I still think summer 2010 is a throroughly disatisfying season which is not helped by the crap summers for storms in 2008 & 2009 in this area.

Edited by Severe Blizzard

Posted

As usual ive not had a storm,although there has been a little rain, so it hasn't been a complete non event :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

As usual glorious blue skies and heat here in kent/sussex (live in sussex, work in kent) with not a sniff of rain let alone a storm today. In fact the small shower yesterday was the first time I have seen any rain in weeks. Wouldn't mind so much but the IOW radar shows the mid & northern part of the country lit up like a bloomin christmas tree .... :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Was meant to work from home today but went into the office in Southampton - heavens opened there and Portsmouth had a bit of thunder (not much but hey ho) - typical that I missed it! :clap:

Now it's just sunny and humid again, boring :nonono:

Posted

Right! that's it. No storms here this year and I am beginning to doubt whether I will ever see one again.

Please Jane Louise, may I join your club?

At the moment I would be grateful for drizzle even.

You're more than welcome to join, Chionomaniac. I have me this feeling that this will be the biggest membership on record in 2010.

Otherwise here today in Solihull (to date!)... One crack of thunder earlier on this afternoon heard from a nearby Cb, barely any rain and a shower now stalking my east which looks to be dissipating as it closes in.

This year so far I put on a par with 2007 and 2008 for lack of storms but plenty of rain (2007 especially!). Only difference being that there is a distinct lack of rain AND storms this year. I think I'm going to be here for the whole Summer duration.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

No storms here today either :nonono: Doubt i will see any today, not sure about the rest of summer but also starting to doubt that to :clap:

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Right after this week of weather warnings and promising looking radars i have seen nowt so think u got another member :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Welcome new members. Sorry to see you here. hope you can leave soon. Nothing again today for me .Story of my life:cray:

Posted

im feeling very disappointed!

i know there was not any chance of me getting a TS in my region but so many of u seem to have atleast heard some thunder today!

i lived in redditch west midlands up until 8 weeks ago when i moved to the s/e! since that time u guys up there have had more of a chance of hearing thunder and seeing lightening then we have down here!

im in mourning :¬(

Posted

YAy thanks for answering :pardon:

yep! i knew that today it just wasn't going to happen for my area when i took i closer look this morning! well there is tomorro and if that doesn't come off then lets be positive, the s/e will have a cracking august for sure!! *winks*

Posted

Heavy shower just began at 7:15pm, now dissipating and non electrified.

You know, I wonder if this storm drought is some kind of payback for the good Winter we had from mid December to mid January? :pardon:

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

You're more than welcome to join, Chionomaniac. I have me this feeling that this will be the biggest membership on record in 2010.

Otherwise here today in Solihull (to date!)... One crack of thunder earlier on this afternoon heard from a nearby Cb, barely any rain and a shower now stalking my east which looks to be dissipating as it closes in.

This year so far I put on a par with 2007 and 2008 for lack of storms but plenty of rain (2007 especially!). Only difference being that there is a distinct lack of rain AND storms this year. I think I'm going to be here for the whole Summer duration.

Phil.

Thanks Phil.

Still no storms here- though I have just spent the last couple of hours watering the garden and there have just been spots of rain.

Don't think I will leave this club until May next year when I will get help from the Shermanator.

c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

so No Storm again ,altho i did get heavy downpours and a great view of big cells nw of weybridge with a deep rumble , also got a pic of lowering bases with some rotation which was wide and light dark under very dark base, its on 35mm il upload when get transfered. SE missed out on storms and kent nothing ,but friday its a risk for se with kent included! Convergence line/zone

like today were had storms.