Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Ian, do you actually understand the gravity of this situation? I need time off, I have been working too hard, you're a weatherman, so sort it out! I also have this fabulous plan for a snow giraffe. :drinks:

Remember the surprise some of us got in the Bristol area Sunday evening 20th December 2009 with the famous Bristol Channel Snow Streamer?

That event occured with snow showers moving in on a westerly flow.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted

Ian, do you actually understand the gravity of this situation? I need time off, I have been working too hard, you're a weatherman, so sort it out! I also have this fabulous plan for a snow giraffe. biggrin.gif

I'm not going to even ask what the giraffe obsession is all about.....

I'm chuckling at the slash-our-wrists (probably prematurely) negativity on another certain thread about latest 'mild' progs based on a way-in-the-future cluster of new runs.

Solution: GET A GRIP.

Anyone would have thought the world was about to end.

I mean, what's so bad about an onset of spring?

What's so bad about sitting in pub beer gardens without a coat?

And fighting wasps?

What's so bad about failed aircon in offices?

And thinking of you, Daisy, in a muddy Glastonbury?

Or about thinking we can win the World Cup, sharing our views with people packed around TV's?

Or about the spice unfolding as we witness - for the first time - Lewis Hamilton v Michael Schumacher at Silverstone?

Or about the SUN telling of another great white shark (= basking) spotted off Newquay?

Or about Spanish Plumes?

It's NOT so bad, honestly.

Slavish following of these longer-range models clearly has major implications on mental welfare.

Bring on the warmth..... drinks.gif

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Fergusson

Posted

I'm chuckling at the slash-our-wrists (probably prematurely) negativity on another certain thread about latest 'mild' progs based on a way-in-the-future cluster of new runs.

And fighting wasps?

Or about thinking we can win the World Cup, sharing our views with people packed around TV's?

Or about the spice unfolding as we witness - for the first time - Lewis Hamilton v Michael Schumacher at Silverstone?

Or about the SUN telling of another great white shark (= basking) spotted off Newquay?

Or about Spanish Plumes?

Slavish following of these longer-range models clearly has major implications on mental welfare.

Cheers

Ian

lol.... I can honestly say, that what I have witnessed on this site has left me completely in shock at times and in fits of laughter at other times. I cannot believe that people can get so angry, childish, nasty, heartbroken even, over the weather... I am sure it must be men, lol. I LOVE the snow and I am always hoping and watching everytime it gets mentioned that we may see it here, BUT like you, I cannot get my head around how people act when they get the news of milder weather. Surely their is always something to look forward to, for me, that thought of the Beer garden has wet my whistle for things to comedrinks.gif and that I can walk my puppy without 8 layers of coats, hats, socks, thermals on. lol

Posted

Giraffes plainly rock and if you do not understand then you are mental, plainly.

LOL

Isn't it? We better get snow.

It's raining!

And fighting wasps?

There is no point to wasps, at least bees earn their keep!

Awwww, although this year will be fabulous, I have friends in high places who can make sure that my U2 experience is perfect! Take note!

We will.

Surely Michael Schumacher is a goalie? I am confused, as always.

Do they know that Porthpean is a much better spot? Burger bar and private beach?

Or about Spanish Plumes?

I will google now. LOL

Cheers

Ian

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Hilarious.

PS: Michael Schumacher is, incidentally, very proficient at football.

Worryingly, from what I've seen of his skills 'on the ball', he's arguably even better than certain members of the England squad (well, ok, some from Liverpool). That's soccer, I mean - not the England F1 squad now comprising a certain Mssrs' Hamilton & Button.

Ian (patron of the Wasp Appreciation Society)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hilarious.

Worryingly, from what I've seen of his skills 'on the ball', he's arguably even better than certain members of the England squad (well, ok, some from Liverpool). That's soccer, I mean - not the England F1 squad now comprising a certain Mssrs' Hamilton & Button.

Just looked at your blog update Ian, wet bulb freezing above 200m well thats not all bad.... whistling.gif

Do you really see much accumilation on the mendips? 2cm? just maybe?

Very cold here this evening already been as low as -6.4c although it has warmed in last half hour to a dizzy -5.7c

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Hilarious.

Liverpool! Spurs rock, never forget that!

Button will win F1..lol

As for wasps, lets hope you like rugby OR you can come up with a decent reason why wasps are useful! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Hilarious.

He's quite handy on a mountain bike too.

Don't you just hate seriously multi talented people....

Wasps eat Greenflies, I like Wasps.

Posted

Button will win F1..lol

As for wasps, lets hope you like rugby OR you can come up with a decent reason why wasps are useful! biggrin.gif

The only use wasps have is eating aphids although they don't eat enough of them! wallbash.gif

They hurt too and i hate them. They also ate every plum of my plum tree last summer! help.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Button will win F1..lol

As for wasps, lets hope you like rugby OR you can come up with a decent reason why wasps are useful! biggrin.gif

I hope this thread now returns to weather but for the sake of completeness:

I have nothing to say about Spurs.

Button won't win. Much. My lad Lewis will dominate. He's (a) from Hertfordshire and (:cold: a great guy, I assure you.

Wasps are lovely, just like sharks, panthers, weathermen and other unloved, misunderstood creatures routinely persecuted by Humans.

I'm likely to start a "Bring Back the Spanish Plume" Facebook page.

Posted

hahaah reading this thread makes me laugh definatly the best regional thread :cold: keep up the good work :good:although i love snow a bit or warmth wouldnt go a miss considering for a month (september) ill be in Iceland for my uni fieldtrip which should be awesome but cold! :cold: give me warmth :)

Posted

I hope this thread now returns to weather but for the sake of completeness:

I have nothing to say about Spurs.

Button won't win. Much. My lad Lewis will dominate. He's (a) from Hertfordshire and (cool.gif a great guy, I assure you.

Wasps are lovely, just like sharks, panthers, weathermen and other unloved, misunderstood creatures routinely persecuted by Humans.

I'm likely to start a "Bring Back the Spanish Plume" Facebook page.

You forgot teachers in the unloved list. We only work for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and have 14 weeks holiday a year. We also have days off when it snows. :cold:

Spurs are ace!

Posted

You forgot teachers in the unloved list. We only work for 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and have 14 weeks holiday a year. We also have days off when it snows. :cold:

Spurs are ace!

Slighty off-topic i know would u recommend teaching im thinking about going into teaching when i graduate still debating it atm!

either that or go on to do a masters in GIS or meterology i cant decide arghhhhhhhh!

:cold:

Posted
Posted

Slighty off-topic i know would u recommend teaching im thinking about going into teaching when i graduate still debating it atm!

either that or go on to do a masters in GIS or meterology i cant decide arghhhhhhhh!

biggrin.gif

Errr - you are asking a Spurs fan for guidance???

Eeek.

Posted

I've trawled through the MOD thread and from what I can figure out (which isn't much) I believe we can influence the appearance of a beasterly if we all don these and dance naked on frost covered grass.

http://images.google...ficial%26sa%3DG

Nah... I tried that last night and now reading through the MO thread, it looks like I've gone and scared it away :)

Posted

Eeek.

Spurs - Oh dear you have gone down in my books.... aggressive.gif

Arsenal fan here clap.gif

Posted

biggrin.gif

I LOVE teaching, best job I have ever had. If kids make you laugh, if you want to expand minds, if you want to break up fights, if you want to be creative, then teaching is the job for you. Also if you enjoy making pretty graphs, justifying how you teach, listening to boring sods ( generally failed teachers)telling you how to teach and justifying your existance in education...then go ahead! :)

Eeek.

Cheeky bug**r! :)

Spurs - Oh dear you have gone down in my books.... aggressive.gif

Arsenal fan here clap.gif

Arsenal? Loooooozer! Come and have a go if you think you're 'ard enough! :D

Posted

Nah... I tried that last night and now reading through the MO thread, it looks like I've gone and scared it away :)

So now we know who to blame, your punishment is 24hrs moderating duty in the MOD thread.

Posted

So now we know who to blame, your punishment is 24hrs moderating duty in the MOD thread.

Nooooooo!!! :)

Surely suffering severe frost-bite on various extremities was punishment enough... :lol:

Plus I can't look my next-door neighbour in the eye anymore!!!

Posted

Aww poor babe, bet next door will be curtain twitching at the first sign of frost now.

Posted

Aww poor babe, bet next door will be curtain twitching at the first sign of frost now.

Yeah - and they've probably got the local constabulary on speed dial now too!!