Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I doubt the west country will see any snowcover or even snowshowers for most from this "arctic" blast over the next few days with rain and slightly milder conditions by monday/tuesday. closedeyes.gif

Yes I think you are probably right unfortunately, we really need a good trough to push down to have any chance in a Northerly regime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes I think you are probably right unfortunately, we really need a good trough to push down to have any chance in a Northerly regime.

I am just holding on to a chance of some transient snow occuring just maybe as the rain pushes in monday night. I still prefer this cold dry weather to warm wet winter weather but I do find it hard to get enthusiastic about north east/west directions unless like you say it is highly potent with some embedded troughs.

Chilly here today in the breeze but not that cold yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Local forecasts were for 4C max Sat and Sun, 7C on Monday and 10C on Tuesday! Very little snow and rain on Tuesday.

Well, that has to be the biggest damp squib ever! For an event to be cold it has to be colder than the fridge...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

We have just had a very short light shower, that contained snow, sleet and hail!!

Posted

Well ive got my eyes on the precip now across mid wales, with the dew point having dropped 3c behind the last lot of precip to -1c, and the temperature now slowly falling, at 3.9c currently. Should get some sleet or even wet snow in the heavier bursts of the next shower....and stuff just seems to keep forming through the cheshire gap running SSE through wales this afternoon.

SK

Edit: For anyone with NW radar, the precip is currently following the 500mB wind vectors

Edited by snowking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Rain and sleet shower here, mostly rain but snow possible i think if it gets any heavier

Posted

OMG, what a mixed bag of weather today!!!

10 minutes ago - glorious sunshine...

5 minutes ago - heavy rain/snow (50/50) pardon.gif

3 minutes ago - heavy hail/snow crazy.gif

Now... Heavy snow!!! yahoo.gif

This is near the racecourse in Bath...

If conditions are good enough for snow now, hopefully they can only improve as the weekend progresses! drinks.gif

It's stopped now and the sun is shining again!

Nice surprise though, even if it did only last all of 10 mintues!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Sounds good, I'm off to Bath in an hour or so for the weekend, perhaps more chance up there than down here!

Its 2.4C now with a DP of 0.4C but the sun is shining. Rather gusty northerly wind.

Posted

I doubt the west country will see any snowcover or even snowshowers for most from this "arctic" blast over the next few days with rain and slightly milder conditions by monday/tuesday. closedeyes.gif

You might have to think again re the snow showers Mullender, a few reports coming in already this afternoon and more showers moving South towards this region allong with falling temperatures and dew points!

It's dropped 1.1c here in the last half hour (now 4.0c) and a recent sleet/graupel shower makes today the 11th with wintry precipitation this month!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

So im guessing people are having a hard time knowing if it will snow at the weekend or not, Same with the damn bbc, start of the week they had snow for barnstaple, then sleet now just cloudy. Doing my head in.

Posted

Heavy graupel/snow shower here just then, just some small flakes left now

Nice start - more to come

SK

Yep, just passed through the centre of chelt. road was white, now wet :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Nice, hopefully we will get some decent snow lol.

In wales maybe but I don't see any real showers making it into somerset bristol area.

Posted

Sounds good, I'm off to Bath in an hour or so for the weekend, perhaps more chance up there than down here!

Well then, you'll be pleased to know that it has just started snowing again... yahoo.gif

This time though it wasn't preceeded by rain/sleet...

Must be a good sign (I hope)!!! drinks.gif

Posted

Just had a very heavy snow shower here in North Bristol. Temp was 6 degrees in the car when it started and dropped to 2 degrees in 10 minutes. Pretty impressive shower it was, too!

Edited by skidders

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a very heavy snow shower here in North Bristol. Temp was 6 degrees in the car when it started and dropped to 2 degrees in 10 minutes. Pretty impressive shower it was, too!

Yep Snowing in Brislington, Bristolyahoo.gif

Stopped now diablo.gif

Edited by Valhalla