Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

You'll be fine, indecent exposure only counts if the public cannot reasonably avoid encountering it.

Your back garden - no problem. Their garden whilst knocking on their door and shouting coooeee through the letterbox might land you in hot water.

Posted

You'll be fine, indecent exposure only counts if the public cannot reasonably avoid encountering it.

Your back garden - no problem. Their garden whilst knocking on their door and shouting coooeee through the letterbox might land you in hot water.

Ah, so that's where I went wrong! :lol:

Ta for the tip... It will help when planning future frost-fuelled midnight snow-dances!

If there's no improvement in the various models tomorrow wrt "The Beast from the East", I'll have another stab at it tomorrow night...

Maybe I hadn't quite got the technique right last night... :)

Anyhoo... Working tomorrow, so bedtime me thinks.

Night all!

Edited by Schmac

Posted

Well I am a fellow spurs supporter!

Comon Spurs!! (there the prem team i support)

i actually properly support leicester as my main club but i support spurs in the prem

Bristol city here, but Spurs since I was about 5. biggrin.gif

Did anyone else pretend they were Dickie Davies, or was it just me? biggrin.gif

I am off to bed now, I am praying for the snow to make my snow zoo.

Night all xxx

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

some nice showers growing over western and central wales now!

come on my prettys head this way. rolleyes.gifair_kiss.gif

-6.6 outside now and boy does it feel cold enjoying a naughty cigy out there! cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Just had a brief snow shower here, Shame now theres clear skies in behind it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Half our garden is still snow covered from Friday night, we only had a covering then. The sun melted half and left half, that is now covered in frost! Fairly bright morning, some cloud.

Posted

It is very chilly and icy here, although the walk to the shop for the sunday papers helped to start the hangover clearing. Opening that 2nd bottle of red wine was a huge mistake! :)

Jonesy, if you want some sober advice re) teaching then PM me. :)

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Another beautiful morning ,hard frost ,bright sunshine hard frost.

Posted

Those showers are just dieing of death in mid wales as usual with snow in devon corn and midlands creeping through but leaving west country dry. wallbash.gif

bbc graphics show same thing also with showers making it all the way to central southern areas but a gap over central western areas. mellow.gif

Posted

Got back an hour ago from our break in Torquay and when we left this morn at 10.45 it was snowing near Newton Abbott, got to top of Haldon Forest and they'd just had a very heavy, prolonged snow shower which dumped about an inch. Coming out of Exeter area towards Cullompton also some snow - with temps near to freezing. But as soon as we got to Taunton area on M5 temp jumped to 4 celsius.

Dry and cold here - guess Devon and Cornwall will continue to get peppered with snow showers today, whilst we miss out.

Haven't viewed model output since Thurs morn and seems to show a less cold week coming - what happened to the cold, possibly snowy spell?

EDIT: Since when did Ian F start posting again? Has he had a change of heart about posting on NW?

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Got back an hour ago from our break in Torquay and when we left this morn at 10.45 it was snowing near Newton Abbott, got to top of Haldon Forest and they'd just had a very heavy, prolonged snow shower which dumped about an inch. Coming out of Exeter area towards Cullompton also some snow - with temps near to freezing. But as soon as we got to Taunton area on M5 temp jumped to 4 celsius.

Dry and cold here - guess Devon and Cornwall will continue to get peppered with snow showers today, whilst we miss out.

Haven't viewed model output since Thurs morn and seems to show a less cold week coming - what happened to the cold, possibly snowy spell?

EDIT: Since when did Ian F start posting again? Has he had a change of heart about posting on NW?

I think he has just been a busy man to be fair although he said he does focus on updating his blog more often.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/weather/ianfergusson/

Some light flakes of snow in the wind outside although as usual it seems i am missing most of the showers as they seem to be tracking towards west somerset. wallbash.gif

Posted

Probably drunk and bored! That's why I post. :)

It is getting colder in the Taunton area now. I have just been out and it is freezing! We also have those fluffy cloud mejiggers that are full of snow. I learnt about those from Ian's blog.

Do you like my technical language? Oh I have come a long way from that woman who knew nothing about weather a year ago! :)

Posted

Probably drunk and bored! That's why I post. biggrin.gif

It is getting colder in the Taunton area now. I have just been out and it is freezing! We also have those fluffy cloud mejiggers that are full of snow. I learnt about those from Ian's blog.

Do you like my technical language? Oh I have come a long way from that woman who knew nothing about weather a year ago! biggrin.gif

Looks like you could see some light/mod snow your way soon looking at radar. Its all missing me but Taunton looks in line for some. unsure.gif

Posted

I'm 7 miles from Taunton ,and we had hail/sleet about an hour ago.According to Dunkeswell weather station (12 miles from Taunton)) temp is 1.8c.

Sun poking through now but I see that MO have issued a warning for south west area saying icy roads and a lightdusting of snow overnight.

Probably drunk and bored! That's why I post. :D

Do you like my technical language? Oh I have come a long way from that woman who knew nothing about weather a year ago! :D

I LOVE your technical jargon dancing daisy :lol:, I'm sure Ian will be very proud of you.It's at the same level as mine-well ok your is more advanced !

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

Probably drunk and bored! That's why I post. biggrin.gif

Do you like my technical language? Oh I have come a long way from that woman who knew nothing about weather a year ago! biggrin.gif

Had any luck yet with getting it to snow in your bathroom??? clap.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

G'day everyone!

Drove up to Bath on Friday and had quite a bit of snow falling just past Wells on the A39 and there was a dusting on the grass and cars in Bath, then just started back on to the moor this afternoon and the snow started, and now everything is white out, but the snow was only shortlived (30mins) and has now stopped, with not alot else on the radar (which just crashed my IE :lol:)

Bitterly cold yesterday! and -0.4C here. (was -1.3C in the snow according to the car)

Posted

I really don't understand how we can have a warning out for ice and slight snow accumilations this evening?

Looking at radar there is not really anything around? cc_confused.gif

Posted

I really don't understand how we can have a warning out for ice and slight snow accumilations this evening?

They are covering their butts.

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Posted

Not an awful lot on the radar I'd agree Mullender83.Maybe later on into the night perhaps? Ah well I think I'll wait and see in the morning.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have had light hail/sleet here for the last hour or thereabout. Can see clear skies west and north of here already. I think we can conclude that Northerlies are a bit of a waste of space for us.

Posted

yep really is nothing coming towards bristol somerset from what i can see.

Here is the 12 hour ppn totals for the west country -

post-8911-12649546202988_thumb.png

Posted

Had any luck yet with getting it to snow in your bathroom??? clap.gif

I am currently having problems with my thermal gradient, it is causing my precipitation particles to evaporate. I am going to wait for the 6pm ECMAZ charts, check current METO L.R.F, slag off a couple of weather forecasters and then try again. :yahoo:

Or I might just have a bath. :cc_confused:

So, are we getting snow tonight then?

Posted

I am currently having problems with my thermal gradient, it is causing my precipitation particles to evaporate. I am going to wait for the 6pm ECMAZ charts, check current METO L.R.F, slag off a couple of weather forecasters and then try again. sad.gif

Or I might just have a bath. biggrin.gif

So, are we getting snow tonight then?

I don't think we need to hear about your thermal gradient after all children may be reading... blush.gif

The meto seem to think there is enough evidence to issue a weather warning for ice and slight accumilations from wintry showers through the early evening however i feel it is a bit ott.