Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 7

Posted

Interesting times ahead certainly, could we get snow? Or no?

Time will tell, time will tell!

Well hello Saint I was wondering when you would be making an appearance, the snif of snow and Saints there how are you excited?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Well hello Saint I was wondering when you would be making an appearance, the snif of snow and Saints there how are you excited?

I am fine thankyou Blizzard! Yourself? I am not really excited yet as today I only just realised there is a chance of snow this week, I think I am going to have to wait and see. :)

Posted

I am fine thankyou Blizzard! Yourself? I am not really excited yet as today I only just realised there is a chance of snow this week, I think I am going to have to wait and see. <_<

There is a good chance of snow during the middle and to the end of the week, next week looks great but Im not even looking that far ahead lets wait and see how it goes this week. I think this spell of cold snowy weather may be just as good if not better than January judging by the model runs.

A long patient wait but if we get the cold making a track back and the North Easterly Artic blast who knows what may happen.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

My car is covered in snow :cc_confused::) :) in the south east ! , significant snow on thursday and friday from carol on bbc news for ea and kent !! :(

Posted

My car is covered in snow :cc_confused::) :) in the south east ! , significant snow on thursday and friday from carol on bbc news for ea and kent !! :(

at the moment, kent looks to be in the 'box seat' i would be much less hopeful west of the meridian for sure. east of the meridian good chance of getting a glancing blow from the cold pool headed sw to our se and its associated trough.

Posted

Snowing very lightly here - stopping and starting - but at least it's something! Nowhere near enough to settle though.

Posted

Wow, just had this photo from friends in Washington DC

I doubt any of us will be able to match this in the next two weeks !

post-10773-12655747633617_thumb.jpg

don't say that - we may well match that and more once the northerly kicks in too

Enjoy the snow you in for a pasting wednesday thursday from a envious welshman!

we'll get ours as well keith - don't worry

Posted

My car is covered in snow crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif in the south east ! , significant snow on thursday and friday from carol on bbc news for ea and kent !! sad.gif

Dont tell me them horrible Kenties are going to get all the good stuff again!!!! :blush: Nothing here, looks like we had some rain or sleet overnight as a couple of puddles. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Sleet first thing now turning to snow, very nice to see something in daylight hours, makes a change from all the lampost watching smile.gif

Have a nice day everyone, I'm off to Coventry in a while, hope to be back early afternoon cc_confused.gif

Posted

Whilst on the school run had a brilliant sleet shower, that stopped then a few miniscule flakes as I was driving home.... Car temp reading 2c ... looking out the window as I type a few more flakes starting to fall.

10am Snowing lightly here, certainly not settling though

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

Been snowing heavily here, which has settled on the grass and roofs , has just turned much lighter though - bonus considering I wasn't expecting anything more than sleet today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

None of it has settled here at UEA, but it's certainly been snowing a fair bit, which surprised me as I wasn't expecting any advance on sleet until Wednesday.

Posted

Heavy snow shower here in Sawbo. In fact probably the heaviest I have seen it during daylight for some time, even during the other spells.

Posted

Its been snowing here this morning . Some quite heavy bursts too which i wasnt expecting as the beeb said light sleet or rain. today. Quite a suprise really , especially as im only 8 miles from the coast. rolleyes.gif

Posted

Just had a really heavy snow shower here in Ware

Is it settling because its not here?, but as the ground temperature gets lower tonight it may well do but that depends on how long these showers keep going.

Edited by Blizzard_of_Oz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

None of it has settled here at UEA, but it's certainly been snowing a fair bit, which surprised me as I wasn't expecting any advance on sleet until Wednesday.

Dude you are one of the forcasters and you didn't expect sleet until Wednesday? I saw the GFS precip charts last night and thought... "Widespread light snow flurries tomorrow by the looks of it" and it is exactly what has happened!

Just had a really heavy snow shower here in Ware

Where? Ware? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

There was alot of discussion by TWS if it was going to be sleet or snow today and also a discussion about melting snow points maybe he was too engaged in that to look at the charts?

Don't get me wrong, TWS is a better forecast than me so I am in no way criticising his forecasting abilities. I am just very surprised he didn't see some light snow coming for today. There was always a danger it could have been sleet but those uppers are cold enough in my book for snow rather than sleet. Near the coast it will be sleet I expect but away from the coasts it should be 80% snow. Can't see it settling unless you are in a heavier burst. There is some big stuff building around The Wash though :) It looks to be heading towards Leicester, Peterborough, Nottingham, Derby, Rutland. I hope that heavier band makes it to me in Leicester, it could be heavy enough for a dusting!

I certainly didn't expect a dusting today so that would be a big bonus. There is certainly more precip around than I expected. I expected light flurries but that stuff over The Wash is moderate with heavy bursts!

Posted

Cruddy sleet here . Still some say later in the week looks good for us, however no doubt it will magically miss us again somehow (probably like last time everyone else gets a pasting except here)

Posted

3 hours of non stop snow here so far, ground now freezing up and starting to turn white so looking promising considering I wasn't expecting this much today, amazing stuff