Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Where is everyone today? Anyway we have sleet turning into bursts of snow when heavier falling again here in the village. Maybe I just live in a Twilight Zone...

Posted

post-6740-12657191762617_thumb.jpg

Thats already on the ground.

post-6740-12657191871917_thumb.jpg

Thats about to be added.

We might get 2-5cms from next weeks possible northerly though so all in all were not far behind them. Kind of amusing when this years winter has supposedly been one of the coldest in 30years or more yet the most snow ive seen on the ground here is 2"

Posted

Where is everyone today? Anyway we have sleet turning into bursts of snow when heavier falling again here in the village. Maybe I just live in a Twilight Zone...

Well its been very patchy today, hard to get excited about. The clouds have been just missing me for most of the day, looks like there is something incoming but it may well be rain, I will soon find out.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice shower about to hit Coventry:

Warwick Uni webcam

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

We had snow earlier on (at about half 12ish) - those micro-flakes, and then some graupels. It's chilly willy out there in brum today! I really don't want to do the school run this afternoon!

Posted

Well its been very patchy today, hard to get excited about. The clouds have been just missing me for most of the day, looks like there is something incoming but it may well be rain, I will soon find out.

Well it wasnt rain, Im no expert so I dont know whether to call it hail or snow, it was fairly intense but brief. The clouds sure were dark.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

The clouds sure were dark.

Some chunky dark clouds about here too but none of them seem to want to release any PPN.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had a shower this afternoon. Was of Rain. Hardly a cold spell so far. Just a bit nippy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Had a shower this afternoon. Was of Rain. Hardly a cold spell so far. Just a bit nippy.

no cold spell yet, february ive never rated very high for my area, 6.4C max today, at least stayed dry

the meto update is not good, just rain really next week, mid Feb too warm really, s'ppose just wanna see a bit of summer now, not 3C and rain showing for arf term

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tbh i wouldnt mind some snow but when its like this its boring and i wish summer would hurry up. Ive had enough until next winter now.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Well it was good to see a decent spell of sunshine this afternoon.

Nice clear evening too...though temperatures aren't really falling that much.

Agree with people on here...since Mid January we seem to be chasing a cold spell that never arrives (except 29th Jan-1st Feb). But at least we've not been chasing it since the 1st December!

You never know..there could be a quick strong northerly or two at some point over the next 2 months.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Looking at the models it looks like we may see a bit of wintriness throughout the week with tomorrow looking ok for a bit of a wintry mix but for anything substantial for our area then I think we need to start looking towards the start of next week as some of the models are forecasting a northerly with some low dam values so we MAY get a good bout of snow early on next week. Now I know that their is time for changes either way in the models and any snow wont be certain until 24-48hrs out but northerlies are much better for our region imo and much better than slack half ar**d easterlies that never materialise as the models suggest (the last two have each downgraded and gone from snow fests into a bit for the favoured regions) From watching the models over the last few years in my opinion northerlies dont often get downgraded very much they have more of a tendancy to get shunted east and there is quite a bit of room for margin if it does go east and we MAY still be onto a good event. I may of course be wrong and as the time nears we should firm up on the details but worth keeping an eye on imo !!!!good.gif

Posted

I don't think it has been boring.

3 days out of the last 10, my children have gone to school with sprinklings of snow which is lovely to see.

Today we caught a shower at around 7.30am giving a very pretty dusting.

Could be more showers around today and next week still all to play for in my book.

Posted

What's all this white stuff? Just looked out the window this morning (in Nottingham) to be greeted by a rather substantial snow flurry! It's left some on the ground as well, but it was pretty to look at, nice big flakes! pardon.gif

Posted

Wake up Midlanders!

Beefy snow shower close to Leicester and heading towards Cov!

Posted

I missed a couple of showers overnight that have left a partial dusting here, and am now watching the big cloud over Leicester skirt past me, missing out on that fun.

Posted

mega heavy snow , covering in about 5 mins , nice to see

Good got that one right! Good on Hinckley, Coventry next then.

Posted

enjoy, it looks great , still bucketing down , everything totally covered.

Radar shows only about 5 mins left though

Lol I would but am in west Wales!

Posted

Looks like will just skirt Coventry and go to Leamington/ Southam, this Draycote cam could get it:

Draycote reservoir webcam

oh yes,

hope some comes your way soon.

if only it could stay like this for 5 hours we would be snowed in.

this shower was the heaviest we have had all winter

Don't worry , we had 5 inches last month, with snow cover for half the month. Coventry, where my parents and relatives are, had 2 inches or so- not much really considering how cold the Winter has been!

Snowing on that cam!

And on this one near Southam:

Webcam near Southam

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

I can see the clouds out of my window - I think it might just slip south of me but will give the children a shower at their school I think! Would be shower no 2 today if it manages to make it to me but I am in a village just to the north of Stratford.

Edited by Serendipity