Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion:

Posted

Here starts the downgrade.

Uh ohhhhh

18z GFS is quite like the ECM, in not wanting to propagade trough over Scandy southwestwards and just drops the at this stage

weak ridge over us.

Chilly but not want we wanted.

Posted

Quiet is good, means there's no changes for the worse.drinks.gif

Everyones over on TWO.

Downgrade already? I said this earlier about downgrades. But again my post was deleted.

No way as cold or snowy as the 12z.

Edited by aspire27

Posted

Looks like this run is trending towards the ECM at the moment with a brief showery airstream before pressure builds leaving is under cold settled conditions.

As ever before we can confirm what might happen, we need to view tomorrow mornings runs before making too much judgement as the output has been volatile recently. :drinks:

Posted

We've had a major flip towards cold over the last 48 hrs or so, don't surprised if there is a slight correction over the next few runs.

smich

Posted

its only one run and in isolation, it shouldnt be taken too seriously. however, when it picks up closer to the evolution of a model that shows a slightly different solution to the other 'big two' it has some weight.

Posted

I hope this isnt happening but after this evening ECM and the 18z GFS i am growing very weary.

Another let down may be on the cards, a poor trend this evening and with the state of that block that the 18z GFS

puts over us it would not take too many changes for it to be totally blown away.

Posted

Its one run, and another possible evolution.

Before we start getting all the comments, about it being a huge downgrade, and the Atlantic is going to push in soon, and there's no snow. etc. Let me remind you that this time last week we was looking at a possible months worth of Atlantic LP systems, and they was talks of 17c been branded about, i won't mention anybody's name. And please don't start the talk about the 18z having an history of been wrong etc, it's a member of the runs, so take it like you would any other run.

Lets see how it pans out, at least let the run finish.

All take a deep breath, and look foward to tomorrow mornings run's.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Looks like this run is trending towards the ECM at the moment with a brief showery airstream before pressure builds leaving is under cold settled conditions.

As ever before we can confirm what might happen, we need to view tomorrow mornings runs before making too much judgement as the output has been volatile recently. smile.gif

Looked Epic at the Start then went all ECM on us,Want look at the rest of the run,not from a point im upset with it

But i feel its not the direct cold pool hit we might of wanted.

Its a great run for very cold conditions,But the flow is very light,Its okay even so.

ECM 8/10

GFS 8/10

UKMO 9/10

UKMO faxes should be out soon i think.see where we might me going towards any ppn

As ever things may change

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Beginning to work its way back by +138 though http://91.121.94.83/...fs-0-138.png?18

Nonetheless, a bit of a frustrating run, but I believe we've seen the easterly/northeasterly coming in earlier and earlier on each run, going from Wednesday to even Sunday morning on the 12Z. Perhaps this isn't too bad at all! http://91.121.94.83/...fs-0-144.png?18

edit: Cold pool diminished? http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfs-1-150.png?18

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

This is much worse than the ECM and there is no way that this could develop into what the ECM goes onto show, just a small change in heights on Monday from what this run shows and there will be no cold spell !

Would have to agree, as I said last night a very flimsy block!

Very different to early Jan

Posted

its only one run and in isolation, it shouldnt be taken too seriously. however, when it picks up closer to the evolution of a model that shows a slightly different solution to the other 'big two' it has some weight.

Looks like the atlantic is dead in the water.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn1441.png

Posted

This is much worse than the ECM and there is no way that this could develop into what the ECM goes onto show, just a small change in heights on Monday from what this run shows and there will be no cold spell !

You spoke to soon, this is why you should let the run finish, it shows the height building again, with an easterly coming into play;

h850t850eu.png

Posted

I see that the usual silly comments are starting to appear.

It's one run from one model. Get a grip.

One run indeed but a very important trend was picked up by the ECM and this has been enhanced by more by the 18z GFS

Obviously a key factor has been picked up that is leading to the degradation of this Ridge to our north.

And if it is continued in the 0z its effects could be amplified.

Obviously it's a fluid situation and could easily swing back the other way but at this moment in time

the indications are not as good as they were earlier and for Ireland anyway are pretty poor going by ECM and now GFS.

Posted

Winters over! :smiliz19: I knew that this run would be met with disappointment, however not every single gfs run is going to look the same. It's funny I'm just relieved to see the pattern consistent with sw dropping south out of Scandi so I think it's a good run, as we can see as it progresses the Atlantic thinks its going to make a guest appearance but gets shown the door.

Quite an odd looking run, another possible scenario I suppose. We're still a long way from being settled on an eventual outcome despite what some might have thought, a look at the ensembles (not the diagrames) will highlight that.

Edited by Barb-

Posted

I see that the usual silly comments are starting to appear.

It's one run from one model. Get a grip.

Eastily will come in stronger, but 36hrs later than previous, watch the next few frames roll in.

Cold still present, trend still continuing. Not bad at all.

Paul

Posted

The 18z at t120 is making more of a segment of vortex over northern Greenland, which has

a knock on effect of lowering heights to our north.

This could be just the 18z run for you but never the less a cold spell still in progress.

Every indication is that the AO will go steeply negative where as the 18z run by t132

has removed the heights over the Arctic and a +AO is in place.

One for the bin in my opinion as this will have a big impact on the rest of the run.

Edited by cooling climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I think we're quite a long way from the Atlantic crashing in for Monday on this run to be honest, though we are indeed just margins away from seeing a cold high settle over the British Isles giving cold bright weather and no snow.