Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

they are covering their backsides - being over night most of this is gonna be snow

Can't give you any more info on that one just yet - GFS has thrown a wobbly today - this set up is causing the models loads of headaches - enjoy the snow the next couple of days we are going to get - I still feel there will be more through next week too

That's what I'm thinking but yesterday they had it completely wrong so why do we even trust these guys

I'm with you on that one Jackone - upgraded shortly

Indeed confirmed.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

The graphic on the TV seemed to suggest a lot more than the warnings are suggesting, coupled with the latest NAE , this is a bit surprising, however I would very much like to see the hi res Meso Model from Ian Fergusson, perhaps that would should shed some light on it.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

This suggest temps falling to around 0-2c for here by around 3am tomorrow morning. 2-4c on the immediate coast.

Posted

That's what I'm thinking but yesterday they had it completely wrong so why do we even trust these guys

This set up is really causing headaches - we are almost back to the old days and "heads out the window" type forecasting - it's so difficult to get right, right now - GFS was spot on though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

they are covering their backsides - being over night most of this is gonna be snow

Can't give you any more info on that one just yet - GFS has thrown a wobbly today - this set up is causing the models loads of headaches - enjoy the snow the next couple of days we are going to get - I still feel there will be more through next week too

thanks mate im in lincoln at the moment, so missing all the snow in north wales lol no snow here!! :cc_confused:

Posted

Indeed confirmed.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

The graphic on the TV seemed to suggest a lot more than the warnings are suggesting, coupled with the latest NAE , this is a bit surprising, however I would very much like to see the hi res Meso Model from Ian Fergusson, perhaps that would should shed some light on it.

still seems a weird split in the warning for those 3 hours - we'll see

Posted

Hi Ali the map is for tomorrow - sunday - and the new warnings that have appeared in the last hour are for monday for a select few in wales - which includes you - NEWPORT/Torfaen and Monmouthshire - very select - so you may well get some snow monday where I will miss out - this is all subject to the front coming as far north as is projected + other factors - so I think it'll be a nowcast situation again and watching the old radars

Well it would be lovely if it happens but I am not building my hopes up so won't be as dissappointed. Will have a great time celebrating my sons birthday anyway. Good luck for snow.

Posted

thanks mate im in lincoln at the moment, so missing all the snow in north wales lol no snow here!! sad.gif

When you back in north wales - I think all of us this week will get some snow and some of us could get quite a lot of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/blizzard

When you back in north wales - I think all of us this week will get some snow and some of us could get quite a lot of snow

back on tue or wed,depends on the roads need to go over the yorkshire moors lol

Edited by dyl232

Posted

So?

Is tonight/tomorrow's snow a "cert" with these met office updates and the timeframe being in a few hours?

Or are we still talking marginals and maybes?

Posted

So?

Is tonight/tomorrow's snow a "cert" with these met office updates and the timeframe being in a few hours?

Or are we still talking marginals and maybes?

we're on Joo - radars, lamposts and in the morning shovels at the readycold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Indeed confirmed.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Yup Snow warning for further inland- So now watching the Radar and Temperatures to see how things are going. I also think leading edge snowfall is quite likely as the front runs into the cold air in place - probably across parts of E Carmarthenshire, North- Swansea, Neath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Anyone got any good news for snow lovers in cardiff? It's getting colder, but are we likely to see any of the white stuff? I know we're included in the meto warning, but ......... you knoe how it is this close to the coast.

Posted

Anyone got any good news for snow lovers in cardiff? It's getting colder, but are we likely to see any of the white stuff? I know we're included in the meto warning, but ......... you knoe how it is this close to the coast.

sun's gone down - temps dropping fast - snow's coming over night and early morning - the best situation for snow

Yup Snow warning for further inland- So now watching the Radar and Temperatures to see how things are going. I also think leading edge snowfall is quite likely as the front runs into the cold air in place - probably across parts of E Carmarthenshire, North- Swansea, Neath.

Certainly this is marginal and it always was going to be more marginal than last night events. If I was in Mumbles, I wouldn't be optimistic for tonight. However for here, things are a bit different, and I don't think lying snow can be ruled out. Temps were around 3c at 5pm, and with clear skies hopefully they can drop to below freeing under clear skies before the precip comes in tomorrow morning. The heavier the snow as well the more it will stay as snow.

Posted

Certainly this is marginal and it always was going to be more marginal than last night events. If I was in Mumbles, I wouldn't be optimistic for tonight. However for here, things are a bit different, and I don't think lying snow can be ruled out. Temps were around 3c at 65pm, and with clear skies hopefully they can drop to below freeing under clear skies before the precip comes in tomorrow morning. The heavier the snow as well the more it will stay as snow.

Are we in a good spot here? Cwmbran by the way!!

We also scrape into the zone for monday by the looks of the warning by the meto!!

Any guesses?

Cheers WW

Posted

We also scrape into the zone for monday by the looks of the warning by the meto!!

Any guesses?

Cheers WW

yep

Posted

we're on Joo - radars, lamposts and in the morning shovels at the readycold.gif

tidydrinks.gif

What time are we meeting to compare lamp posts? Or will it be past bedtime?

Posted

tidydrinks.gif

What time are we meeting to compare lamp posts? Or will it be past bedtime?

meto warnings sort of start at 9pm tonight but all of wales is then on warning from midnight to 10am

Any guesses?

Cheers WW

I think, this is mostly snow event, with some rain/sleet along the coast rathre than snow on hills inland we sometimes get.

You should do well.

ECM looking mild for the end of next week. Perhaps finally the winter of 2009-2010 is coming to an end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think, this is mostly snow event, with some rain/sleet along the coast rathre than snow on hills inland we sometimes get.

You should do well.

ECM looking mild for the end of next week. Perhaps finally the winter of 2009-2010 is coming to an end.

Temp dropping here, just had to reset my thermo as inside screen stopped collecting temp data, but the one outside said 0.5C, currently says 2.3C but still adjusting. Looking good for snow for most of wales then? :whistling: would love to be able to go for a walk in the snow tomorrow!!

Posted

Temp dropping here, just had to reset my thermo as inside screen stopped collecting temp data, but the one outside said 0.5C, currently says 2.3C but still adjusting. Looking good for snow for most of wales then? smile.gif would love to be able to go for a walk in the snow tomorrow!!

just keep your eyes peeled to those radars

Posted

Temps for cardiff barrage

temp 3.7c

dp 0.7

average wind speed 3mph from the west

would like to see the dp dropping a little bit faster but we will get there eventually

Posted

Does anyone know whats going on with sat24 there is a course correction with the clouds but the out line stays put

computer glitch or manual correction???