Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything not normal for the UK

Temps are still at 0C.

Can't say i've noticed much thawing except on the roofs and the cars. The reason the snow falls off the cars easily is due to the heavy, wet type snow compared to Decs dry, powder.

The roads/paths will thaw quickly in the sun but the snow on the grass should largely remain.

where abouts in peterborough are you, i make it over 1C and this site here http://www.peterboroughuk.weather-watch.com/ make it 1.6C/1.3C dew (Oregon Scientific WMR928) thats at park farm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

so have been totally written off in terms of seeing some snow for the SE then???

Posted

Some very heavy snow during the last one and half hours here in N Norfolk - everything white with around an inch of snow. Now easing and expecting a fast thaw but a surprise none the less and nice to see. The covering was aided this morning by a sharp frost last night (-3C).

Posted

Yes Beth they were totally massive for a while weren't they - easing off a bit now and I think it will all be melted come lunchtime.

Yes it is now more sleety small snowy stuff, Im pleased really as I am not keen driving in it and I have to go out later!

Posted

The Met. Office have updated again., this is crazy more changes than Imelda Marcos changing her shoes. :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/ee_forecast_warnings.html

the northern extent of precip has shifted south on most recent NAE so this reduces the possible area of snowfall. i dont believe that temps and dp's suport snow away from the far north of the home counties, plus parts of cambridgeshire. the rain/snow boundary will be marked as it was on thursday with areas only a few miles apart getting very different conditions. my own guess is that there will be very little snowfall from tomorrows feature as the heaviest rain which would aid evap cooling will be to the southeast of conducive temps/uppers/dp's etc.

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Still sleety stuff here in Ormesby St Margaret but I am only a couple of miles from the coast here so no major suprises.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Yes it is now more sleety small snowy stuff, Im pleased really as I am not keen driving in it and I have to go out later!

Melting fast on the road as I speak - should be ok for you driving. I'm just down the road in Dersingham, driving into Lynn shortly

Posted

now the heavy snow may be in south tommorow i hope i get a good a good dumping ...do you think it will cause disruption

I think it's more likely to be heavy rain here sadly... The snow is probably going to be North Bucks.

Posted

the northern extent of precip has shifted south on most recent NAE so this reduces the possible area of snowfall. i dont believe that temps and dp's suport snow away from the far north of the home counties, plus parts of cambridgeshire. the rain/snow boundary will be marked as it was on thursday with areas only a few miles apart getting very different conditions. my own guess is that there will be very little snowfall from tomorrows feature as the heaviest rain which would aid evap cooling will be to the southeast of conducive temps/uppers/dp's etc.

Its exactly what TEITS said a couple of days ago so yes I agree but they may be a few surprises for a little while in this set up.

Posted

now the heavy snow may be in south tommorow i hope i get a good a good dumping ...do you think it will cause disruption

Met office still saying rain for the Chilterns tomorrow though :D

As is the netweather local forecast for my area :) :)

Woke up at 6am to see a lovely light cover of snow, all gone now and it feels too warm for anything but rain :)

Edited by SnowAngel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Wow, what a morning feel like I have gone through winter on fast forward in the last few hours.

Woke very early to a covering of grauple and a thick frost, it started to snow by about 6.30, had some of the biggest flakes I have seen this winter while I was out walking. By the time I got home it was turning to sleet and went all wet. Now the sun is trying to come out, so hopefully everything will dry up a bit.

I see the met office warning is still on for MK tomorrow, I fear we will be too far south and miss out or it will be a wet slushy event.

It was worth being up at silly o'clock today, I loved walking out in it the flakes were about 50p size, but wet so I suppose that's why it didn't stick so well.

Posted

Melting fast on the road as I speak - should be ok for you driving. I'm just down the road in Dersingham, driving into Lynn shortly

Ah you're not far away at all, I don't think it's going to hang around for long this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Unpleasant sleety rain now in Norwich, but it was snowing earlier giving a dusting.

Chances of snow tomorrow in Norfolk, all depends on the precise positioning of the front!

Posted

I see the MetO have now included Northants in the advisories for Tuesday, we was the only county in the east mids not included aggressive.gif .

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Still not included on Wednesday though!!!nonono.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

Talk about rapid thaw doh.gif still got a good covering on the grass but the rest is vanishing

Talk about a Blackburn goal! 1-0 :rolleyes: