Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Quite likely, there's been a little sleet here in the heavier bursts this afternoon.

Posted

The area of showers currently over north east England looks to me like a minor trough and it's making steady progress southward. I'm wondering if it will make it this far south and, if so, whether or not we'll get a thin cover of lying snow from it...just to show willing as March arrives.

yeah was gunna mention thaT well spotted its seems to be intensifying actually currently temp is 2.5 degs at 220mtrs i wreckon there could be some heavty bits of snow in this. Went up to Woddhead 2 min drive hbehind house and there is a a covering of between 2-4 inches above 400mtrs. Its like another world and yet just up the road amazing that was from the Friday and saturday snow that we had but didnt quite manage to settle dry.gif glad you mentioed that i was just gunna post about it and thouigh i would check to see if anyone had noticed??? its about 30mile north of her at mo

actually about 15/20 miles north doesnt look quite as intense but still a possibility all thesame just hope it wont have compltetly died when it gets to youdrinks.gif heres hoping

Quite likely, there's been a little sleet here in the heavier bursts this afternoon.

Might get some then at 220mtrs currently 2.5 degs what your temp?????

Edited by NCC1701

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

yeah was gunna mention thaT well spotted its seems to be intensifying actually currently temp is 2.5 degs at 220mtrs i wreckon there could be some heavty bits of snow in this. Went up to Woddhead 2 min drive hbehind house and there is a a covering of between 2-4 inches above 400mtrs. Its like another world and yet just up the road amazing that was from the Friday and saturday snow that we had but didnt quite manage to settle dry.gif glad you mentioed that i was just gunna post about it and thouigh i would check to see if anyone had noticed??? its about 30mile north of her at mo

actually about 15/20 miles north doesnt look quite as intense but still a possibility all thesame just hope it wont have compltetly died when it gets to youdrinks.gif heres hoping

Might get some then at 220mtrs currently 2.5 degs what your temp?????

Similar here. No snow lying at all but above 420m a few miles up the road there's about 4cm. The area of showers is continuing its southward progress and is now somewhere in the Leeds region without any loss of intensity. It's certainly cold enough for snow here with a temp' of 0.9c and a wet bulb of -0.2c.

Posted

its snowing here now only light dont know wether it wil manage to settle thowallbash.gif

Similar here. No snow lying at all but above 420m a few miles up the road there's about 4cm. The area of showers is continuing its southward progress and is now somewhere in the Leeds region without any loss of intensity. It's certainly cold enough for snow here with a temp' of 0.9c and a wet bulb of -0.2c.

well its 2.6 degs here now and still managing it so it will deffo be ok over you with ectra elevation and colder temps best of luck

Posted

i just seen todays country file forecast and BOOM easterly for friday! what a lovely bday present eh haha :cold:

Posted

i just seen todays country file forecast and BOOM easterly for friday! what a lovely bday present eh haha smile.gif

Yeah hopefully, GFS is an improvement on Yesterday which was pretty boring. An easterly looking likely but we may not feel the full effect as -10 850's may only affect the South east, hopefully subsequent runs will show the high further north, if not at least it will be sunny and dry but rather cold.

Posted

Woke up to a surprise snow shower this morning! It's pretty light but has left a dusting, Checking on the radar there are a couple of decent showers west of us. I expect a few more reports once people raise!

Temp was +1.2C during the snow but is now dropping again back to +0.2C.

Dew point -2.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Well an unexpected covering to greet me on waking today! looks like a fairly heavy shower passed through most of yorkshire over the past few hours! How can this have been so totally un-forecast?! This has made it so much easier to get out of bed haha!

BB

Posted

Woke up to a nice covering of snow this morninggood.gif

Just under an inch on the car

Most snow has now melted in the glorious sunshine

Posted

A dusting of snow earlier which has nearly all melted now.I wasn't expecting anything :whistling:

Posted

Got in at 1am last nite with thick frost and temp -2.3.

Woke up to unexpected snow cover.

Look like a shower went thro about 4.30am - 5am

Beautiful day now. Temp rising and snow melting. Might even sit in the sundirol.gif

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted

snow was falling here about 6 this morning coverd everything with a dusting but the sun melted it

Posted

Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, which was a surprise as I didn't expect the shower over NW england to track so far south and retain its intensity. Max of 6.5c which didn't feel warm, amazingly there are still patches of snow around on the ground, and some roofs that aren't facing the sun are fully covered. Usually when temps are 0.c+ the snow on the ground (bins etc in particular) melts, perhaps the dew points have something to do with it (dp -3.c).

Posted

Woke up to about 5mm of snow this morning, wasnt expecting it!

the sun quickly appeared at 8am though melting it within about an hour!

was nice whilst it lasted and hope we get some more soon!

Posted

Woke up to about 5mm of snow this morning, wasnt expecting it!

the sun quickly appeared at 8am though melting it within about an hour!

was nice whilst it lasted and hope we get some more soon!

Yeah hopefully, the met office fax chart shows the chance of widespread snow on Friday and Saturday with fronts moving down from north to south, if it were to come of as shown there would be 3, possibly heavy bands of snow. At this far out it's up for change but certainly one to watch.

Posted

Yeah hopefully, the met office fax chart shows the chance of widespread snow on Friday and Saturday with fronts moving down from north to south, if it were to come of as shown there would be 3, possibly heavy bands of snow. At this far out it's up for change but certainly one to watch.

i guess! but cant always have what we want can we. i bet places like snake pass and tan hill are loving the weather ha.

Posted

i guess! but cant always have what we want can we. i bet places like snake pass and tan hill are loving the weather ha.

You might think so but after a long and cold winter at this altitude we hope to have seen the last of the snow. Lovely spring-like day here apart from the temp which is just 2°C but might get up to 5 by this afternoon, but the sun is warm and the birds are a-courting so we'll be happy not to see winter again until December :rolleyes:

Fax charts have HP sat over UK out to 120hrs so any serious ppn seems unlikely.

Edited by galba

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Went through Ringinglow and past Stanedge edge then round to the Top of Fox house it was snowing lightly up their the temp was 2.5c.